Dear Lord

2»

Comments

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    JDH:
    I looked this up on SNOPES. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ssabullets.asp

It is true that the SSA is purchasing this ammo. It is also true that they employ just under 300 special agents with full law enforcement authority who work in 66 locations across the US. The ammo is "standard issue" for many law enforcement agencies, and will be used for mandantory quarterly firearms qualifications. That works out to around 75 rounds per quarter for each officer, in a 2 year cycle. That seems fairly normal and reasonable to me. (Except that they may have chosen a less expensive training round, but none of us are privy to any of the facts that went into the decision to choose this round for training purposes.)

Many people on this forum have rightly pointed out that if you buy in bulk, it is almost always for economic reasons. The SSA Officers have to train, and it seems that a decision has been made to use this round for training purposes. I am satisfied that this ammo purchase is not for any alarmist reasons regarding a pending economic collapse.

If you look for the worst, you will surely find it, but that doesn't mean you've found the truth.
    Well that makes me feel a bit better. Thanks for the info.
    Anyone know why the Weather Bureau is buying ammo?
    To alter the route of hurricanes with thermonuclear warheads?
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    JDH:

It is true that the SSA is purchasing this ammo. It is also true that they employ just under 300 special agents with full law enforcement authority who work in 66 locations across the US. The ammo is "standard issue" for many law enforcement agencies, and will be used for mandantory quarterly firearms qualifications. That works out to around 75 rounds per quarter for each officer, in a 2 year cycle. That seems fairly normal and reasonable to me. (Except that they may have chosen a less expensive training round, but none of us are privy to any of the facts that went into the decision to choose this round for training purposes.)

Many people on this forum have rightly pointed out that if you buy in bulk, it is almost always for economic reasons. The SSA Officers have to train, and it seems that a decision has been made to use this round for training purposes. I am satisfied that this ammo purchase is not for any alarmist reasons regarding a pending economic collapse.

If you look for the worst, you will surely find it, but that doesn't mean you've found the truth.
    Looks like it was misfiledlabeled paperwork. I know, our government, screw up paperwork... color me shocked. Long story short, it is going to the National Marine Fisheries Service, for their enforcement division. Though I like JDH's plan better.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    JDH:

They're tire of just howling at the moon? Or maybe just to chase the clouds away?