Home General Discussion
Options

wrapped or unwrapped?

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've posted to this forum and I'm sure this has been discussed before, but... What's the latest consensus on adding wrapped individual cigars to a humidor? Keep them wrapped or open them up and let them breathe?

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I think there is no consensus. I've read leave em closed, open them, open them halfway...
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I leave em like I get em!
  • Options
    yeah I know it's pretty much open to personal preference. wasn't sure if there is certain benefits for either way...like is wrapped better for storing long term and unwrapped if short term? vice versa? and other variables along those lines.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure out which end to smoke, so I can't help here.v ;)
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    reggie713:
    + 1
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lift603:
    reggie713:
    + 1
    Take a silver dollar. Tape a piece of tape on each side, then write ON on one side and OFF on the other side.
    Take said coin, flip it in the air and let it land. Which ever one is facing up, is what you should do.
    Do that for each and every cigar you have and you're set.

I have cigars with and cigars without and personally, I see no difference.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    Lift603:
    reggie713:
    + 1
    Take a silver dollar. Tape a piece of tape on each side, then write ON on one side and OFF on the other side.
    Take said coin, flip it in the air and let it land. Which ever one is facing up, is what you should do.
    Do that for each and every cigar you have and you're set.

I have cigars with and cigars without and personally, I see no difference.
    better yet send the silver dollar to me each time and i will tell you how to store it! using my scientifically proven method...eenie meenie minie moe!!
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to be a d!ck or anything buddy, but try the search button above for topics like this. The basic questions and such have been beaten to death in tons of threads, and there never is a real answer.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nobody is going to take the low road and be a smartass? Ok...I like to leave my wrappers on, the cigar doesn't taste the same with only binder and fillers.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Nobody is going to take the low road and be a smartass? Ok...I like to leave my wrappers on, the cigar doesn't taste the same with only binder and fillers.
    lol i was gonna say the same thing, but i didnt wanna be that guy!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    reggie713:
    j0z3r:
    lol i was gonna say the same thing, but i didnt wanna be that guy!
    Several people here will tell you, without my smartass nature, I don't have much else going for me. So I'm more than happy to be that guy. Haha
  • Options
    i just dont know anyone well enough to let the real me out! im opening up a little here and there!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I like my ladies naked.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I like my ladies naked.
    +1000!!!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I like my ladies naked.
    Except for that one family reunion....

Oh Gam Gam.....
  • Options
    ewww!