Home General Discussion
Options

Gentlemen, your thoughts if you will.

ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
As some of you know I initiated a pass for my 1K posting. The idea behind the pass was to raise a fair amount of smokage to be sent to the DCCC. After no reply to a PM sent nearly two months ago, and yes I understand that not everyone lurks the Forum 24/7, I have come to my Brethren to ask their opinions.
Considering the fact that we have a few BoTL overseas, I have contemplated splitting the resultant bounty of my pass(60 sticks)and sending 30 sticks to each of them to be passed out at the FOB's that they travel to. If anyone has an objection to this, please feel free to post or contact me through PM. I want these sticks to go to our Brothers and Sisters who are valiantly risking their lives in order to protect our rights and freedoms.
What say ye, Brothers and Sisters?

Comments

• Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Sounds like a great idea Dan.
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    PM to you sir
  • Options
    *Petey*:
    PM to you sir

PM replied. Thanks for the help, Boyd!
  • Options
    my pleasure Dan, PM back at you, brother.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    that's cute you guys. reminds me of harold and kumar. except both of you are white.
  • Options
    no YOU'RE A FOB! So what if I'm first generation.

ok daniel, your idea sounds great.
  • Options
    jliu:
    that's cute you guys. reminds me of harold and kumar. except both of you are white.
    LOL, don't you judge me snoobie!!!
  • Options
    Back atcha, doooder
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    What about some of the state side places for soldiers down on their luck? Like soldiers angels. Shot me a pm if u want a name to talk to
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    What about some of the state side places for soldiers down on their luck? Like soldiers angels. Shot me a pm if u want a name to talk to

deej, PM to ya bro.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Having returned from Afghanistan recently, I can attest to how much of a differance little things can make. I suppose what you guys arte planning to send would be a "big thing", but still ;) I'd
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i made a donation to dccc months ago and still not sure if it was gotten, hope it was
  • Options
    Boyd is sending Ryan an email in regards to the situation, so hopefully it will get straightened out. I'm quite certain that Ryan has his hands full with new twins.
    On the other hand, deej has given me a great idea for my next pass. At some time in the near future I plan to initiate a pass to collect smokes which will be donated to our less fortunate soldiers here in the States. I'm awaiting a reply from Shane requesting that he be the liaison for this venture.
    What say you, Brethren? Let's show our troops, both deployed and Stateside, how much we appreciate them.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Boyd is sending Ryan an email in regards to the situation, so hopefully it will get straightened out. I'm quite certain that Ryan has his hands full with new twins.
    On the other hand, deej has given me a great idea for my next pass. At some time in the near future I plan to initiate a pass to collect smokes which will be donated to our less fortunate soldiers here in the States. I'm awaiting a reply from Shane requesting that he be the liaison for this venture.
    What say you, Brethren? Let's show our troops, both deployed and Stateside, how much we appreciate them.
    i am for sure down for that pass daniel. great idea deej. meeeeowww
  • Options
    I'll put you on the guest list, Jiunn!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    jj20030:
    i made a donation to dccc months ago and still not sure if it was gotten, hope it was
    Same
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    I'm up for supporting the stateside troops for sure!! I'm in for sure!!
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    jliu:
    Toombes:
    I would love to be the middle man but with the move and no PC I would hate to have something slip. I gave toom the info and am willing to call and let them know to watxh for an emails or what not.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    As some of you know I initiated a pass for my 1K posting. The idea behind the pass was to raise a fair amount of smokage to be sent to the DCCC. After no reply to a PM sent nearly two months ago, and yes I understand that not everyone lurks the Forum 24/7, I have come to my Brethren to ask their opinions.
    Considering the fact that we have a few BoTL overseas, I have contemplated splitting the resultant bounty of my pass(60 sticks)and sending 30 sticks to each of them to be passed out at the FOB's that they travel to. If anyone has an objection to this, please feel free to post or contact me through PM. I want these sticks to go to our Brothers and Sisters who are valiantly risking their lives in order to protect our rights and freedoms.
    Couldn't find a better example of what is RIGHT and what is GENEROUS than this.... perfectly executed DAn, way to go my brother ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Toombes:
    I'm up for supporting the stateside troops for sure!! I'm in for sure!!

PM replied, Jim. Thanks, brother!
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Toombes:
    Couldn't find a better example of what is RIGHT and what is GENEROUS than this.... perfectly executed DAn, way to go my brother ;)

Many thanks, Brett. I figured it's the least I can do since I'm no longer able to serve my country in the forces.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    You KNOW I'm down brohammer! Count me in!
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    jliu:
    Toombes:
    I would love to be the middle man but with the move and no PC I would hate to have something slip. I gave toom the info and am willing to call and let them know to watxh for an emails or what not.

Quite understandable, bro. I'll be sure to keep you in the loop on this. Many thanks for the info you sent my way.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm back again. I know it's only been a couple of days since I started this thread but I've come to a conclusion. The sticks I have for my DCCC post have been sitting for two months and I really want to get them to the troops, so I'll be contacting RCY about them. If he's unable to do anything at present then I'll get in touch with James or Steve since they are deployed and have access to some FOB's in the Big Sandy.
    On a different note, BigShizza sent an awesome selection of sticks to be distributed to our soldiers who are stateside and somewhat down on their luck. Jim, you are a true BoTL in your contribution to the cause! I've decided to go ahead with a pass to help fulfill some much needed morale for our soldiers. Anyone interested can contact me via PM and we'll get this pass rolling.
    Thanks for your interest and willingness to help.
    Toombes
  • Options
    Toombes:
    Ok, I'm back again. I know it's only been a couple of days since I started this thread but I've come to a conclusion. The sticks I have for my DCCC post have been sitting for two months and I really want to get them to the troops, so I'll be contacting RCY about them. If he's unable to do anything at present then I'll get in touch with James or Steve since they are deployed and have access to some FOB's in the Big Sandy.
    On a different note, BigShizza sent an awesome selection of sticks to be distributed to our soldiers who are stateside and somewhat down on their luck. Jim, you are a true BoTL in your contribution to the cause! I've decided to go ahead with a pass to help fulfill some much needed morale for our soldiers. Anyone interested can contact me via PM and we'll get this pass rolling.
    Toombes
    why don't you start a thread in the trades passes bombs section so people are more aware?
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    If you need an active duty target, Lmk. I've been Doug charity work for operation interdependence for years and have plenty of connections.
  • Options
    jliu:
    Toombes:
    Toombes
    why don't you start a thread in the trades passes bombs section so people are more aware?

Hold your taters, Mrs. Cleaver! I'm working on it!!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    If you need an active duty target, Lmk. I've been Doug charity work for operation interdependence for years and have plenty of connections.

Awesome! Any info you can send would be greatly appreciated, catfish!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:

Awesome! Any info you can send would be greatly appreciated, catfish!
    We're doing a fundraiser this weekend, I'll ask if they are opposed to cigars. The charity is all about care packages, that's what they do. If not, I know a couple other wounded vets that are very active. It wouldn't be hard to aquire a target.
  • Options
    Many thanks, Dustin!
    Since Jiunn insists, I just posted a new pass thread in TPB for those who are interested.