Home General Discussion
Options

Fav Cigar/Drink Combo

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I'm heading out to get some spirits soon, and it made me wonder: what is your favorite drink/cigar combo?

Comments

• Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite pairings is Disaronno on the rocks with a RP vintage 1992
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    One of my favorite pairings is Disaronno on the rocks with a RP vintage 1992
    Does you feel the drink brings out more flavor (or helps you experiance more flavor from the cigar)? Just trying to get an idea of how (and why) to try and pair cigars with drinks.
  • Options
    Best way of putting it would be like when you pair wine with food .You want each other to complement and have a balance.Like a full-bodied cigar should go well with a full-bodied drink, and a mild-bodied cigar with a mild-bodied drink.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a question I have actually paid attention to

Chambourcin with a maduro
    Hard cider with a sun grown
    Weak lemonade with a Connecticut
    Good sweet sipping rum (not Bacardi or Don Q, but something like Appleton or even Myers) straight with almost anything

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    when I first started and I wasn't sure on what I should be drinking I did a bit of research .I found this great guide of popular spirits and it tells you what type of gar goes well with them
    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/Drinks-Battle-at-the-Bar_8296/p/1
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    90% of the time, I do ice water w/ my cigars. I feel that other drinks may not let all the flavors of the cigar (especially the little nuances) shine. When I used to pair some whiskey with a crap cigar, it did enhance the crappy cigar and made it somewhat decent haha. I have come a long ways. still a stupid noob though
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Zacapa 23, laphroaig, good stout with a Maduro, fresh iced tea, John daly, dr pepper
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I usually just have ice water when I'm enjoying a cigar. Although sometimes I'll have a finger or two of scotch or bourbon.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    I usually just have ice water when I'm enjoying a cigar. Although sometimes I'll have a finger or two of scotch or bourbon.
    Indo enjoy the ice water with my cigars, but a great scotch and cigar pair amazingly, Especially if you are hitting an islay.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I'm having some MacAllen 12 with a DPG blue right now and they go together quite nicely.
  • Options
    and Miller lite is the devil.
  • Options
    Cigar? Padron 80th. Beverage? The blood of a virgin girl on the rocks with a hint of espresso
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Oban with any cigar
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice water or diet Dr. Pepper
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    95% time I smoke with water specially with vintage cigars. It does affect the flavor and aroma of a cigar or the overall smoking experience.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PadronPete:
    Cigar? Padron 80th. Beverage? The blood of a virgin girl on the rocks with a hint of espresso
    Had to give that up when Child Protective Services started asking too many questions.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I had a MOW Torp that paired nicely with Maker's Mark 46.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I like water wit my cigars... Ice cold water or Ice cold Miller Lite. I like the buzz the beer gives me and it's doesn't overpower the cigar I'm smoking. Otherwise I like to do diet coke or sometimes a root beer.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Bump... I keep thinking about pairings that I've liked:

Room 101 Namakubi and Newcastle

La Reloba and Cotes de Rhone

DPG Serie JJ and Laphroiag 10 yr

HAmmer & Sickle Habana Serie and Hefeweizen

La Duena and Foothills Hoppyium IPA

coffee and connecticut-shade wrappers

i haven't tried it yet, but i think a Wolfman might go well with Glenmorangie (10 or 12--I don't remember right now, but it's the one with the orange hints).
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Mephisto:
    coffee and connecticut-shade wrappers

+1.. I'm having a Perdomo Champagne with a cup of French Roast, simply delicious.