Home General Discussion
Options

Have you ever?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have you ever grabbed a cigar thinking it was a particular cigar, cut it and then discovered that it wasn't the cigar you thought it was?
I had a cigar I really wanted to smoke another time, but it seems fate stepped in and I smoked it tonight. LOL!

I could have sworn I grabbed another cigar, but evidently my subconscious had other plans.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... sorry bro... never.
  • Options
    Vision:
    Hmmm... sorry bro... never.
    Not that you would admit to, right? LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No... I would... Ive never reached into my humi thinking it was an Opus and I pull out a 5 Vegas..... Seeing as I have 0 OpusX. LOL... Its tough to screw up in my humi.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the MOW pa/ " maduro
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    0patience:
    Have you ever grabbed a cigar thinking it was a particular cigar, cut it and then discovered that it wasn't the cigar you thought it was?

I had a cigar I really wanted to smoke another time, but it seems fate stepped in and I smoked it tonight. LOL!

I could have sworn I grabbed another cigar, but evidently my subconscious had other plans.

That's what drinking all day before you grab one will do! LOL
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    With the MOW pa/ " maduro
    haha totally did this a few weeks ago. where is the spicy wallop of pepper?! oh.. i think i grabbed the maduro...
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    No, but I have gone to the fridge to grab another beer, cracked it open and have been horribly surprised to have a big mouthful of Diet Pepsi.

Alcohol is a helluva drug.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has never happened to me either. I know sometimes on the road I wish I had brought a different cigar but I always know what I am removing from the humidor.
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    With as new to this hobby as I am, it's a crap shoot every time I smoke. Take as an opportunity to enjoy the surprise Tony! :-) I know I am loving when we sit back and try new sticks, but I am slowly building my palette and trying to remember to mark down which ones I really want to buy again. Hope it was a good one 0pat!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    It never happened to me with cigar. However, that happen to me with breakfast sometime between fried, omelette and boiled eggs. Many times, I was thinking of something and asked for the opposite.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    T.J. Armstrong:
    With as new to this hobby as I am, it's a crap shoot every time I smoke. Take as an opportunity to enjoy the surprise Tony! :-) I know I am loving when we sit back and try new sticks, but I am slowly building my palette and trying to remember to mark down which ones I really want to buy again. Hope it was a good one 0pat!
    You gotta taste the crap to know what it is. I'm just sayin. Smok'em all brother. Your taste buds will come in.
  • Options
    It was a good one TJ. It was one you and Nikki sent me.
    I wanted to save the My Father for some other time, but it was definitely a good one. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Never happened with cigars for me, but I'll be damned if it hasn't happened with countless women. I tell my fiancee over and over again "Baby! I thought I was totally pounding YOUR Vag!"
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    From the title this sounded like a drinking game I use to play! Lol!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I didn't, but the scotch I was drinking at the time did...
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - especially with Nubs and the unbanded AJ Overruns. The Nubs I just don't pay enough attention to the fine print on the wrapper and for example, will grab a Cameroon when I meant to get a Habano.

And for the Overruns -- Mike from Wisconsin bombed me with a metric ton of these and he had figured out what blends they all were, which he sent me in a PM. But I didn't mark this info on the sticks so whenever I grab one, it's a crap shoot. I'll reach in, expecting an Overrun Morro Castle and end up with an Overrun AAA, or something along those lines.

So it's not quite the same as confusing a banded My Father with a Cuba Libre, but still - I know the feeling brother.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *