Home General Discussion
Options

PC Gaming Cigar Smokers

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Post your rigs' specs.
Chassis Model: Corsair Obsidian 550D
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE (Intel Z77 Chipset)
System Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz ADDA
Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB (Includes PhysX Technology) (EVGA 012-P3-1571-BR)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Cooling: 240mm Radiator Liquid CPU Cooler

Comments

• Options
    I may have posted this in the wrong forum. If so, I apologize!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS3 fat model 80 gig and a newer model 120 gig.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    I know Peter (Vision) is a big time PC gamer. You should hit him up.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I know Peter (Vision) is a big time PC gamer. You should hit him up.
    This was his idea! Haha, he mentioned it a few days ago so I just started the post.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    1st edition GameBoy with light attachment. Hardcore.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I built my PC back in early '08, so the specs aren't going to look great compared to current builds. Actually, I'm a little too lazy to take the time to look up everything in there. Still looks cool, though. It's all stored in a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Okay, yeah... I'll geek out a bit:

ASUS Supertower
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz
    Motherboard: ASUS of course... LG1366 socket I think
    Memory: 9GB
    Video: NVidia GTX 550 Ti 2GB
    Sounds: SoundMAX Integrated
    Cooling: Big honkin' fans all over
    Storage: 1 TB platter

It's a first gen i7 so it runs hot, but it still bangs out the latest games at full quality with that recently installed video card.

A word to the wise, if you smoke your cigars inside your house, make sure you are dusting out your computer case every two weeks with some canned air - especially your CPU fan - as your smoke particles are all building up in there and will eventually cause your heatsink to fail.

• Options
    drpepperdude:
    Okay, yeah... I'll geek out a bit:

ASUS Supertower
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz
    Motherboard: ASUS of course... LG1366 socket I think
    Memory: 9GB
    Video: NVidia GTX 550 Ti 2GB
    Sounds: SoundMAX Integrated
    Cooling: Big honkin' fans all over
    Storage: 1 TB platter

It's a first gen i7 so it runs hot, but it still bangs out the latest games at full quality with that recently installed video card.

A word to the wise, if you smoke your cigars inside your house, make sure you are dusting out your computer case every two weeks with some canned air - especially your CPU fan - as your smoke particles are all building up in there and will eventually cause your heatsink to fail.

I wish my wife let me have that problem.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Dell XPS 17
    Intel i7 2720 @ 2.20 GHz
    Motherboard: No idea
    Video: nvidia GeForce GT 555M
    12 GB or RAM
    Storage: 500GB

Wish I could airblast out the inside - gotta be full of cigar dust, but I'm afraid to take off the keyboard (can't get at it from the backside)
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I'll try, too bad I don't game much anymore and got a gaming laptop which I barely use for gaming Alienware M15x Black
    Intel Core i7 940 @ 2.13 Ghz (8 CPUs)
    Motherboard: Some custom alienware one which has been replaced 5 times from me dropping the comp
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Video: NVidia GTX 250M
    Sounds: Basic HD one to take up less port space from performance
    Cooling: 2 fans ;) The metal on the back gets 100+ degrees
    Storage: 450GB
    Display (My pride and joy) 15 inch LED 1080p HD display.

If this thing was waterproof it would allmost be a toughbook since its encased in a damn near 30 pound metal casing..

EDIT: Also if you ever get an Alienware I strongly recommend getting the longest warranty you possibly can. In 2 years with my clumsyness and random failures, I've had the screen replaced 1 time, Motherboard 4-5 times, Ac Adapter 3 times, and Keyboard once. I've been pretty brutal. All were covered under warranty and free.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Case : Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Mainboard : Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
    CPU : Core i7 970 6Core
    RAM : 12GB Corsair Vengence (Dominator died) 1600Mhz Tri Channel
    PSU : 1250W OCZ
    Graphics : 2X Nvidia GTX 570 SLI
    Audio : XFi Fatal1ty
    HDD : 2x OCZ 60GB SSD, 30GB Intel SSD, 40GB OCZ SSD
    Optical Drives : Samsung BRD Burner and LG DVD Burner
    Corsair liquid cooling for CPU
    Fans : 5X 140MM Case fans (Sounds like a wind tunnel
    Speakers/Headphones : Beats Audio Pro

Sorry about the cell phone pics

Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • Options
    WTH Peter. What is that, like the Opus X of PC's? (Beats ftw)
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    WTH Peter. What is that, like the Opus X of PC's? (Beats ftw)
    When I built it I was waiting on the release of the 500 GTX series. The day the 570 dropped I scooped up two. Its still runs every game I can find at max res 60FPS no problem
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I can remeber all I have in my box exactly. Its an amd 6 core overclocked to 3.2 something on a asus board, 16gb of ram, 2tb of storage and a radeon 6970 with the firmware mod to unlock the extra shadders to make it the same as the 6990. Not much it can't do. Highly recommend quantum conundrum awesome game.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I'm not sure if I can remeber all I have in my box exactly. Its an amd 6 core overclocked to 3.2 something on a asus board, 16gb of ram, 2tb of storage and a radeon 6970 with the firmware mod to unlock the extra shadders to make it the same as the 6990. Not much it can't do. Highly recommend quantum conundrum awesome game.
    You mean 6950 flashed to 6970 shaders? Got two of those in Cross Fire.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I have an older laptop, but it still plays games @ 60fps without shuttering.
    I have a Sager (Clevo) NP9280 gaming laptop
    CPU: Intel Core I7 Extreme Edition 975 @ 3.33GHZ
    RAM: 6 GB Triple-Channel DDR3
    Motherboard: Clevo CO D900f (1366-pin)
    Graphics: NVIDIA Gforce GTX 280M max display (1920x1200)
    Screen 17in LED lit
    Hard Drives: C drive SATA 500GB Seagate Hybrid, E drive SATA 500 gb, F drive SATA 750gb
    DVD-WR/Blueray Drive
    Steam of course

Sager NP9280 Info
  • Options
    chemforever:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    You mean 6950 flashed to 6970 shaders? Got two of those in Cross Fire.
    yep thats the ticket.
  • Options
    I just built my rig last month in anticipation for Guild Wars 2 release this Friday at midnight!

Processor: Intel i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro (SLI ready)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x 4GB DDR3

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Power Supply: 900 watt (SLI ready)

Tower: Antec Three Hundread Two

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    My computer is more geared towards productivity, HyperV and Server2008 Operating system. I have dual boot option to boot into Windows7.

Gateway FX tower
    2nd generation i7 2600 @3.4GH
    16 Gigs of RAM
    2 X 2 Tb HD
    Nvidia 560Ti vid card

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    6 cores.. My quad I7 just sits there. Nothing really touches it, unless I'm doing hd video editing or compressing. I'll post some pics and specs when I get home, I like what I have set up, works for me.
  • Options
    Anybody have any suggests on must play games? I'm looking for something new.
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Depends on what you're looking for! I'm playing through the Assassins Creed series, and aside from the first game, I like the series.
  • Options
    Yea I Played them all already. I am waiting for dark siders II to go down in price or go on sale. I also am eagerly awaiting the lastest expansion pack for Quantum Conundrum it was by far one of the most addicting games I have played in a long while and has a great replay value as some of the goals they set for each level are nuts. I think Steam has a free demo I highly suggest you all check it out.
  • Options
    So this is my Rig...

Motherboard - EVGA Classified 3 770A1

Cpu - Intel I7 960 Bloom quad overclocked to 4.4ghz

Ram - 12 Gigs Patriot Viper Extreme 2000mhz - actually 1935 due to overclocking cpu @ 1.66volts

GPU - MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition GeForce GTX 580 overclocked but I have 3 profiles (games are picky these days)

Main Drive - OCZ RevoDrive 3 series PCI-E SSD 240 GB

Pwr - RAIDMAX RX-850AE 850W

Mouse - Rat 9 wireless (freaking love it)

Keyboard - Saitek Eclipse 2

Gamepad - Logitech G19

• Options
    ...so there are like 5 people here who game? Wow.
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Yea I Played them all already. I am waiting for dark siders II to go down in price or go on sale. I also am eagerly awaiting the lastest expansion pack for Quantum Conundrum it was by far one of the most addicting games I have played in a long while and has a great replay value as some of the goals they set for each level are nuts. I think Steam has a free demo I highly suggest you all check it out.
    skyrim and also there's sim city coming out feb of 2013, looks sweet.
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:

Team Fortress 2 - multiplayer and co-op FPS

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 - co-op Zombie apocalypse survival FPS

Bioshock - Single Player First Person shooter mixes Ayn Rand and Art Deco in an underwater utopia gone awry. To say more would spoil arguably the most original game since Half-Life 2. Sequel was not as good, but good for an FPS. Bioshock: Infinite to release next year and is expected to equal or top the original. Same dev team.

Dawn of War 1 & 2 - Mutiplayer real-time strategy game based off the Warhammer 40K universe. Probably the best RTS out there (sorry, Starcraft dweebs) and a 3rd one is coming out next year. Better catch up. (both 1 and 2 have multiple expansions).

Portal 1 & 2 - single-player first-person puzzle-platform video game and it's sequel with an incredible story and compelling gameplay. MUST PLAY TITLES.

Half-Life: Source - The 1998 critically acclaimed first person shooter that changed FPS games forever. Graphically updated in 2004 to work in valve's Source engine after the release of it's sequel. MUST PLAY TITLE.

Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - The best FPS title ever made, Half-Life 2 delivers excellent gameplay, emotional content, tons of cinematic moments, and a rewarding storyline. It's pretty much like being the main character in a huge budget movie. The episodes which are a direct continuation of the story are each a good 6-8 hours of gameplay each.

That's my recommend list.. Also, if Andrew or anyone else REALLY REALLY wants to play either Half-Life 2 or Half-Life Episode 1, I can gift them to you for FREE. You must have a steam account and install Steam to play them (and for me to gift them to you). I also have a 75% OFF coupon for Portal 2 that I can gift to someone on Steam that's only good until August 30.

• Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    if you like Mech style fighting Hawken is about to come out
  • Options
    The buffalonian:
    if you like Mech style fighting Hawken is about to come out
    +173826492639563730383647
  • Options
    Necro!!!! m/image