Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Romney Runs to Party to Steal Paul's Delegates

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Does this guy have any Honor? I mean WTF? Just because he lost a few races to Paul he's going to try and steal them! That's just weak right there. And Paul is for the most part going to go along with it. I swear what ever happened to being a MAN and not try to be sneaky and underhanded.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/politics/Ron-Paul-delegates-set-to-strike-deal-with-RNC/-/9324082/16211792/-/ka40sz/-/index.html

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh great....I get Rand Paul for a few hours, I cant wait-----lol. So am I the only "liberal" here (who is still a Repuiblian btw) who will be watching the convention? I may have to stock up on anti-nausea meds, but I will still enjoy it I fear.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Vulchor:
    Oh great....I get Rand Paul for a few hours, I cant wait-----lol. So am I the only "liberal" here (who is still a Repuiblian btw) who will be watching the convention? I may have to stock up on anti-nausea meds, but I will still enjoy it I fear.
    Actually, I agree with many of Dr. Paul's views on social problems, but his social darwininst economics cancells it all out.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Ron Paul played the Louisiana GOP Convention like it was a Stradivarius. He deserves his 15 minutes. Rand Paul? Now there's someone who didn't build it on his own. LOL
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Ron Paul played the Louisiana GOP Convention like it was a Stradivarius. He deserves his 15 minutes. Rand Paul? Now there's someone who didn't build it on his own. LOL
    I agree, he should get his due, his campaign and supporters worked their butts off this time.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah... its kinda dirty.
    i just have a hard time getting worked up over it. Mitt has enough delegates even if he does not steal Paul's.

Paul has some great ideas. he has some followers. just not quite enough to really bring him to a victory in a presidential election. he has some very controversial views. they turn a good amount of people off.
    still a smart dude.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    yeah... its kinda dirty.
    i just have a hard time getting worked up over it. Mitt has enough delegates even if he does not steal Paul's.

Paul has some great ideas. he has some followers. just not quite enough to really bring him to a victory in a presidential election. he has some very controversial views. they turn a good amount of people off.
    still a smart dude.
    Yea, but who cares?
  • Options
    JDH:
    kuzi16:
    yeah... its kinda dirty.

still a smart dude.
    Yea, but who cares?
    i mean... thats about where i am.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    JDH:
    kuzi16:
    yeah... its kinda dirty.

still a smart dude.
    Yea, but who cares?

Regarding 'smart dudes', I venture to say I've been voting longer than anyone on these threads and it's my observation that the best man/woman for the presidency never runs for it. He/she's too smart for that. That's why we're always faced with a choice of the lesser of two evils.

End of pontification.....

• Options
    jlmarta:
    kuzi16:
    JDH:
    kuzi16:
    yeah... its kinda dirty.

still a smart dude.
    Yea, but who cares?

Regarding 'smart dudes', I venture to say I've been voting longer than anyone on these threads and it's my observation that the best man/woman for the presidency never runs for it. He/she's too smart for that. That's why we're always faced with a choice of the lesser of two evils.

End of pontification.....

ill agree with that.
    in the same breath:
    when choosing between two evils, you are still choosing evil.

i dont know for sure who i will vote for. i just have a hard time voting for mitt or obama.

i know voting for a third party or an independent is "throwing my vote away" however i need to be able to live with myself. i cant if i vote for evil, even if it is the lesser of two.
  • Options
    JDH:
    Vulchor:
    Actually, I agree with many of Dr. Paul's views on social problems, but his social darwininst economics cancells it all out.
    I agree with ALOT of Ron Paul, and voted him for him in the last 2 primaries-----despite his short comings in some areas. I do not care for his son very much however, and do not like the standard reconciliation that will go on for the sake of the 2 party system.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    JDH:
    Vulchor:
    I agree with ALOT of Ron Paul, and voted him for him in the last 2 primaries-----despite his short comings in some areas. I do not care for his son very much however, and do not like the standard reconciliation that will go on for the sake of the 2 party system.
    I keep hoping that we will eventually have three strong parties - liberal, conservative, and centrist, which will force coalitions to form in order to govern. Fat chance of that , though, the two in charge aint givin up the power we've relinquished to them.
  • Options
    JDH:
    Vulchor:
    JDH:
    Vulchor:
    I keep hoping that we will eventually have three strong parties - liberal, conservative, and centrist, which will force coalitions to form in order to govern. Fat chance of that , though, the two in charge aint givin up the power we've relinquished to them.
    3 parties won't work. Also if someone is elected president on 31 percent of the vote, that really doesn't represent the majority. We need a raw majority of votes for the president and for congress a type of percentage representation. That's how I would like it. Basically nothing will change until money is taken out of politics. or at the very least, make both candidates use and only use the same amount. That would be a fair election, rather than having this crap we are seeing now.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Vote JThanatos for president. An Opus X in every humidor, a beer in every hand, and I promise, only one scandal a term....probably me walking naked to the bathroom in the White House. Also, I juggle.*

*Please note, JThanatos can't actually juggle.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Vote JThanatos for president. An Opus X in every humidor, a beer in every hand, and I promise, only one scandal a term....probably me walking naked to the bathroom in the White House. Also, I juggle.*

LOL, you got my vote!
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Does this guy have any Honor? I mean WTF? Just because he lost a few races to Paul he's going to try and steal them! That's just weak right there. And Paul is for the most part going to go along with it. I swear what ever happened to being a MAN and not try to be sneaky and underhanded.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/politics/Ron-Paul-delegates-set-to-strike-deal-with-RNC/-/9324082/16211792/-/ka40sz/-/index.html
    No offense, but our current leader from Chitown doesn't embody honor either lol.... Talk about sneaky and underhanded...it's politics.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    phobicsquirrel:

No offense, but our current leader from Chitown doesn't embody honor either lol.... Talk about sneaky and underhanded...it's politics.
    I dont agree or disagree, but we werent talking about the Presidents delegates or any deals struck over them.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Really nothing to contribute here just gonna agree that Romney's a ****... and I'll go ahead and throw the prediction out there that 2016 will be a **** fest. When you look at their actual records it's hard to tell we've got 2 choices this election. I may actual vote democrat this year because I think donkey's are useful and serve a greater purpouse than elephants. That's right I'm using the womens "which mascot is better" philosphy to vote, because logic and clear thought have no place in politics.

Also of course Paul is going to go with it, if he wasn't a mark for the GOP he would be running third party instead of Gary Johnson. Not to say I don't love Gary Johnson but he doesn't have the same buzz Ron does. Starting to become less of a Paul fan as I realise how much he bows to the dipshits in the GOP.
  • Options
    wwestern:
    Really nothing to contribute here just gonna agree that Romney's a ****... and I'll go ahead and throw the prediction out there that 2016 will be a **** fest. When you look at their actual records it's hard to tell we've got 2 choices this election. I may actual vote democrat this year because I think donkey's are useful and serve a greater purpouse than elephants. That's right I'm using the womens "which mascot is better" philosphy to vote, because logic and clear thought have no place in politics.

Also of course Paul is going to go with it, if he wasn't a mark for the GOP he would be running third party instead of Gary Johnson. Not to say I don't love Gary Johnson but he doesn't have the same buzz Ron does. Starting to become less of a Paul fan as I realise how much he bows to the dipshits in the GOP.
    lol

If I was a paul supporter what he is doing and letting the GOP party do would really piss me off. They really worked hard for him to have a shot at the party next week.
  • Options
    wwestern:
    Really nothing to contribute here just gonna agree that Romney's a ****... and I'll go ahead and throw the prediction out there that 2016 will be a **** fest.
    I will one up you and predict the same for 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032, and 2036.

2040 and 2044 will be awesome, however, because I will run on the beer and pizza platform...and 2048 will suck again.
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    wwestern:
    Really nothing to contribute here just gonna agree that Romney's a ****... and I'll go ahead and throw the prediction out there that 2016 will be a **** fest.
    I will one up you and predict the same for 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032, and 2036.

2040 and 2044 will be awesome, however, because I will run on the beer and pizza platform...and 2048 will suck again.
    lol, I'll be surprised if we make it that far given the current divide in this country.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    wwestern:

lol

If I was a paul supporter what he is doing and letting the GOP party do would really piss me off. They really worked hard for him to have a shot at the party next week.
    I'm not too happy that my contributions led to more BS business as usual that's for sure. For someone who likes to stand out against "the establishment" he sure does seem to be playing by their rules.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Vote JThanatos for president. Also, I juggle.*

This confuses me; since this is a political thread I am not really sure if you can actually juggle. You have me thinking you CAN juggle. But then I think that you WANT me to think that you can juggle but you really can't. I need a beer and an Opus X.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    jthanatos:
    Vote JThanatos for president. Also, I juggle.*

This confuses me; since this is a political thread I am not really sure if you can actually juggle. You have me thinking you CAN juggle. But then I think that you WANT me to think that you can juggle but you really can't. I need a beer and an Opus X.
    Four more beers.....four more beers.