Home General Discussion
Options

Help! There's mold in my humi

So I went to get out a stick to enjoy and discovered that my humi was a little high from normal, around 74rh instead of the 70 it is usually at. So I figured I would take out one of the humidifiers and it would hopefully go back to normal. When I pulled it out I discovered it had a nice small layer of mold on it. Tossed that in the trash right away and inspected the rest. All my sticks were mold free but there are a few spots on the bottom of the box. I wipedit out real good and removed the cigars, what should I do next? Can it be saved or do I need to invest in a new humidor?

Comments

• Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I personally would transfer my sticks to a tupperdor and keep in there while leaving the humidor open to air out. I am not the pro here so wait for them before doing what I said. Also, Welcome to the forum and you really should stay :P.
  • Options
    Johne13Johne13 Posts: 3
    Already transferred them out of the humidor, kinda glad right now that I saved all the humi packs and ziplock bags that cigar.com sends their shipments in...
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Mold spores are everywhere, you have to eliminate the conditions for mold growth which I believe DR. Kuzi says is under 70% and 70 deg. F in a humidor. Any sticks that are suspect should be quarantined and the humidor cleaned out and aired out. There is lots of good advice on this in other threads here, just use the search button.