Home General Discussion

Thompson Cigar Pop up

Yeah yeah I know other company, don't mention on the forums. The last couple of months when I click on the Daily cigar deal here on the front page I randomly get a Thompson Cigar pop up. I have also started receiving Thompson Cigar catalogs even though I have never ordered from them. Has our beloved C.com been bought out?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dear god no.
    i suspect that your computer or ISP has tracked your cookies and knows you are smoking cigars. the damn lizard pays for crappy spam like ads.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing but evil, deception, lies, and bad business from the T word. They do all sorts of scams. Buyer beware.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I got a magazine from them without ordering from them or giving them personal info. Worst part is half the mag was all machine mades
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    adblockplus.org

www.malwarebytes.org
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weasels...
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get Thompson catalogs too, even though I have never ever given them business... which is a little worrisome. I trash them immediately
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I used to use T Word catalogs sent to me for lighting my cigars, but then they started to taste like deceit and lies so I quit.
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    I got a magazine from them without ordering from them or giving them personal info. Worst part is half the mag was all machine mades

I loves meh sum wite owelz
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Thompson is very well known for acts of credit card fraud, switch and bait sales, retrieving information through cookies and spyware, stealing photos from cigar review sites, and Al Remp (of Thompson Cigars) actually believes that mold is plume.

I'd suggest running Malwarebytes in addition to your antivirus for the pop-ups. If they're sending you their catalogs with Swisher Sweets on the cover, don't call them to remove yourself from their mailing list. They'll ask for your address (and personal information) and it will only be worse.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Interesting...never had any bad experience. I order many times from Thompson.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    adblockplus.org

www.malwarebytes.org
    no ***, this works great!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Interesting...never had any bad experience. I order many times from Thompson.
    I ordered one, well me and another forum member did a split, it all arrived good. But the chances are too great for me ever to order again.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Is it just more or does anyone else never get pop up ads? Also ads on websites I could care less about so I am not worried about blocking those.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    That was the first site I ordered from and due to that learned about cigar.com. Never had a problem with them until they wouldn't stop calling me about the cigar promotion will not order from them again. Never had any other problem though but c. Com is my home now.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    Funny U guys and gals bring this up when I go to pull a picture from my album on PHOTOBUCKET I have adverts to the right side of my screen showing me all the CGAR deals on line, so yes it's all about the oatmeal cookies (haha)
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    scarlin:
    Is it just more or does anyone else never get pop up ads? Also ads on websites I could care less about so I am not worried about blocking those.
    I dont think ive had a pop up in a couple of years....
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    scarlin:
    that doesn't sound good gibby.... might wanna see the doctors aboot that one. ha ha haaaa.... ok, back to the drawing boards.
    jliu:
    taythegibs:
    scarlin:
    that doesn't sound good gibby.... might wanna see the doctors aboot that one. ha ha haaaa.... ok, back to the drawing boards.
    really June... that's all you've got?
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    jliu:
    taythegibs:
    scarlin:
    shut your face. what.everrrr
    jliu:
    taythegibs:
    jliu:
    taythegibs:
    scarlin:
    shut your face. what.everrrr
    You're slipping on your monthly's here.