Home General Discussion
Options

Any serious hunters/fishermen?

As you guys can see I am new to the forum. I have spent countless hours pouring over ccom and the sprint sale (insanely addicting) as well as pouring over posts picking up some of the knowledge that you guys have to offer. While I am only 25 and still relatively green to the different aspects of cigars that make each unique I would like to think that I have learned enough to enjoy a stick as well as any other (well maybe like a few) BOTL. Anyways as a Missourian I love to hunt and fish. So i'm curious if anyone has a hunting/fishing story they would like to share or maybe a certain cigar they like to enjoy while they're out in the woods? ALWAYS open to suggestions!

Comments

• Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I'm a serious deer hunter and am trying to be a serious fisherman. I don't have any great stories, but in the two years since I've had my boat, i've never had a cigar on it. Too busy fishing I guess and cigars scare the deer away. You guys have some nice deer in Missouri, but you need to move the gun season out of the rut. Save the rut for the bow hunters. :)
  • Options
    cml9p4cml9p4 Posts: 4
    Haha well i would definitely have to agree with you that the prime deer hunting is during rifle season. I prefer bow season over rifle any day though since it provides more of a challenge and requires more dedication and skill. A little tougher to kill em at 15 yards as opposed to 150! I've been lucky enough to kill 2 nice bucks over the past 4 years, right place at the right time! I would agree though, cigars and hunting/fishing dont exactly mix well but its always nice to enjoy one with the hunting buddies at the end of the weekend. Where do you hunt?
  • Options
    cml9p4cml9p4 Posts: 4
    Recommend any particular cigar? I just ordered the connoisseur's collection to get a little variety. still trying to figure out my taste! Definitely a newb so iom open to any suggestions you guys might have...would definitely like to know some of your more recent favorites from some of the more "seasoned" botl
  • Options
    cml9p4:
    Haha well i would definitely have to agree with you that the prime deer hunting is during rifle season. I prefer bow season over rifle any day though since it provides more of a challenge and requires more dedication and skill. A little tougher to kill em at 15 yards as opposed to 150! I've been lucky enough to kill 2 nice bucks over the past 4 years, right place at the right time! I would agree though, cigars and hunting/fishing dont exactly mix well but its always nice to enjoy one with the hunting buddies at the end of the weekend. Where do you hunt?
    I'm from central iowa. I just got a huge main frame 10 with a forked G2 on my trail cam. I bet this deer will go 165" or better. I just hope he comes within bow range. If I get that deer, I will definately be having a celebration smoke. My kids are going deer hunting for their first time this year, too. That will be awesome.
    As for cigars, I would recommend getting samplers so you can try different brands, wrappers, styles. My favorites are in my bio, but I'm by no means an expert.
  • Options