Home Non Cigar Related

Fantasy Football People

JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
I have a fantasy football question for you guys. i am in a dynasty league with some friends (this is 5th year) i have #3 pick. luck and richardson both already taken. should i take RGIII? or go a different route?

my team right now

QB - Cam Newton, Matt Schaub
RB - Arian Foster, Ryan Williams, Shonn Greene, Steven Jackson
WR - Desean Jackson, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Mike Williams (TB), Steve Breaston
TE - Jermichael Finley, Greg Olson

There isnt alot of big name talent out there as this is a 8 team dynasty league and alot are taken. A few players i was interested in are.

QB - RGIII, Russel Wilson (brady is on trading block so i might be able to get him if i try)
RB - David Wilson, Doug Martin, Demarco Murray (also i might try and trade for Marshawn Lynch)
WR - Victor Cruz, Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffrey, Rueben Randle (Roddy White and Dwayne Bowe both on block so i can try and get them)
TE - Cody Fleener

How the lay out is for our league

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 W/T
1 W/R

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I think Id jump on Doug Martin instead of RGIII if I were you Hewey. Not that RGIII is a bad player, but in a dynasty league you should be set for some time with Cam Newton in the mix. Your RB stable looks a little weaker, and Im looking for Doug Martin, who will be running behind a solid line in Tampon Bay, to be a BEAST for a good while to come.

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Sniper, though I think Murray is a dark horse. Also, if you want straight talent for depth I would go RG3, but again your really stacked there then. Fleener would be good as well for Finley backup, but maybe not this year and maybe never this high. Can you trade down? Wilson's stock has gotten alot hotter in the last 24hrs, but not #3 hot.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    I agree with thes guys however, since you ar only playing one RB I may try and trade for Roddy White., but if I couldn't swing it I would definitely take Martin. If you do go the trade route I would also say you may want to get a 2nd Rb in return.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I usually start 2 running backs and 3 wrs. Doug martin is high on my list and so is Cruz. Idk who to pick between them two. And having the #3 pick 5 years into a dynasty league isn't the same as the first season. But it does still hold some value for the people who really want certain people. Anything after 2nd rd in an 9 team dynasty is just depth pick ups. Victor Cruz was the guy i wanted. Then I saw Doug martin and david Wilson. Hmmm Cruz or martin.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    DJ is going to be a problem. Him and Vick being healthy consistently is going to be dicey. You need to beef up WR and for that I vote Cruz.

A note on your dynasty since I see you have Fleener up there as a possibility so I have to think you're thinking of him long-term, and I follow that train of thought. BUT. The league defenses will catch up with the new role of tight ends, maybe even by the end of this season, but either way certainly in the next 1 or 2, when he and luck will be coming of age. So, long-term, tight ends are going to fall back down to where they were, which is a more marginalized role in most offenses, meaning looking long term at a young one is a bad move IMO.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.