Home General Discussion

Creamy Cuban Recommendation

Hi All,

I just found this site and the sprint sale site (sooo addicted to that site! ordered 300 cigars this week haha. My wife is not a fan).

I am looking for a creamy cuban cigar with thick chewy smoke. I like oily wrappers. I like the maduro's and also like large ring gauge (50+) and lenght (5+).

This will be my first cuban and I want it to be excellent, the highest of quality and price is not an option.

I like this cigar Romeo y Julieta Res. Maduro that I purchased from here.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    solvingtech:
    and price is not an option.
    Price is pretty much a standard feature on cigars..... not optional.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    If you have to have a Maduro wrapper, I'd suggest Cohiba, RyJ, H. Upmann, Partagas or Bolivar. My personal choice would be TTT Trinidad or Montecristo. Either way, you're not gonna go wrong.
    And, as previously stated, price is always taken into account.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    solvingtech:
    and price is not an option.
    Price is pretty much a standard feature on cigars..... not optional.
    lol I think he meant object
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I might be reading this incorrectly..but there aren't any Cubans here or on the Sprint sale...well, there are but they're the ones in the Luxury Collection.
  • Thanks guys. I appreciate the info. I wasn't trying to be an ass with the price comment, sorry if it came off that way.

I'm celebrating a very big step in our companies short history and want something very special.

I've ordered some of these from the luxury collection:

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario 2006

Arturo Fuente OpusX (2010)

West End 1868

But I've never had a cuban and want to get something very limited and very special.

Thanks!!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Get some behike's then, or if you really want Maduro's the cohiba genio 5's
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    not too many options with cuban maduro's. only one comes to mind is the cohiba genios, but in order to smoke them, they need some time, say about 3+ years imo.
  • Oh yes, I love Cuban cigars, buy them all the time. I love buying cubans cigars my friend and I love Padron. If you have a special occasion, you need to buy some Cubans or Padron to smoke. There is nothing like getting a box of fresh cubans and the opening up to see the glorious wrappers and smell the fresh Cuban tobacco. I highly recommend you get some my friend, you will not be dissapointed.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    There are few Cubans come with oily and maduro wrapper. However, if price really doesn't matter then go for a box of Cohiba 1966 Limited Edition 2011- very dark wrapper, oily, chewy smoke. However it still needs some aging. If you want light but creamy smoke then Cohiba Behike or Cuaba. If you do not care of oily wrapper then go for any San Cristobal La Habana, Robina Don Alejandro, Partagas P2.
    solvingtech:
    Hi All, I just found this site and the sprint sale site (sooo addicted to that site! ordered 300 cigars this week haha. My wife is not a fan). I am looking for a creamy cuban cigar with thick chewy smoke. I like oily wrappers. I like the maduro's and also like large ring gauge (50+) and lenght (5+). This will be my first cuban and I want it to be excellent, the highest of quality and price is not an option. I like this cigar Romeo y Julieta Res. Maduro that I purchased from here. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    +1
    PadronPete:
    Oh yes, I love Cuban cigars, buy them all the time. I love buying cubans cigars my friend and I love Padron. If you have a special occasion, you need to buy some Cubans or Padron to smoke. There is nothing like getting a box of fresh cubans and the opening up to see the glorious wrappers and smell the fresh Cuban tobacco. I highly recommend you get some my friend, you will not be dissapointed.
  • RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    The top 4 or 5 I can think of which fit your criteria is as follows:

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #2
    Cohiba Siglo VI
    Partagas Series D no 2
    Cohiba Behike 56

If you really want to capture that creaminess, I suggest Quai D'orsay Imperials.
    Congratulations and your next smoke is a great one!
  • insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    All this talk of Cubans makes me envious. When you smoke that West end 1868 let me know what you think, it looks like a super interesting smoke!
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    the west end is my ultimate want..
  • I'm super excited to try it as well
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Aged H Upmann....amazing imo