Home Non Cigar Related

Obama Puts Heat on Fox News to Prevent Sean Hannity from airing this piece

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
This is a video that Sean Hannity of FOX News has been trying to show that has consistently been blocked by the Obama Administration for several weeks. It was a matter of time until the internet picked it up. Watch it now before it gets pulled from the internet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting Mike, can't stand this *** personally.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Ok... not sure what the point of this video is. Though I would be interested in sources for Obama blocking this, as that would eyebrow raising. I can't find any info on this being blocked through a couple quick searches.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Thanks for posting Mike, can't stand this *** personally.
    I can't either

jthanatos:
    Ok... not sure what the point of this video is. Though I would be interested in sources for Obama blocking this, as that would eyebrow raising. I can't find any info on this being blocked through a couple quick searches.
    Can't help you there, someone sent it to me and I thought just to post the link and let everyone decide for themselves.

MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    Can't help you there, someone sent it to me and I thought just to post the link and let everyone decide for themselves.

Decide what? The video says says he may be a Muslim... so we will have a race between two nonChristians this November? Meh. I did find one link which seems to indicate this video or a similar one has been running around since 2008.
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:

Decide what? The video says says he may be a Muslim... so we will have a race between two nonChristians this November? Meh. I did find one link which seems to indicate this video or a similar one has been running around since 2008.
    Wait a minute....tell me you are not saying if a Mormon who believes Jesus Christ died for him and accepts Him as his personal Savior is not a Christian?

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Everyone's wrong on this issue. Being Muslim or Christian implies that one has faith in a God.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but, you know what? He gives a nice speech.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    The only thing appauling here is the editing. I would hope no credible news source would air this (so Hannity probably will). What if he is muslim? Some christians are responsible for some very horrific acts. Does that mean all christians are evil? Nope, not in my mind anyhow. A man is as good as his deeds, to define his worth by his religion seems idiotic and very narrow minded.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Who gives a $hit what religion he is? Maybe if we had more atheists in office they could be more responsible to the people instead of the man in the sky.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Yeah but, you know what? He gives a nice speech.

Yes he does. Wants your point? Maybe someone could tell me that Bob is a racist again? How about a birth certificate post? Haven't seen that one recently. Please, someone post a non-issue political thread quick! I almost started thinking about the issues.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • I find it appalling that Hannity would try to push this video as a legitimate newsworthy source. The editing is set out to make Obama sound like a Muslim. If you go as far as to say that you've been sold on this video that Obama is in fact a Muslim, I discourage you from partaking in the presidential elections because you are much too easily swayed in your beliefs. I'd rather vote for a Muslim than I would someone who has been quoted saying "borrow money if you have to from your parents" in response to questions on student loan debt, and someone that strapped their dog on the roof of their car for a road trip. I won't get into that because honestly, Romney doesn't have anything to do with it. It's just spotty reporting from a non-reputable right winged excuse for a news station. And that is my rant for now.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    I find it appalling that Hannity would try to push this video as a legitimate newsworthy source.
    appalling sure...
    but surprised?

im not.
    Hannity has had better things to focus on in the past.
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    The editing is set out to make Obama sound like a Muslim. If you go as far as to say that you've been sold on this video that Obama is in fact a Muslim, I discourage you from partaking in the presidential elections because you are much too easily swayed in your beliefs. I'd rather vote for a Muslim than I would someone who has been quoted saying "borrow money if you have to from your parents" in response to questions on student loan debt, and someone that strapped their dog on the roof of their car for a road trip. I won't get into that because honestly, Romney doesn't have anything to do with it. It's just spotty reporting from a non-reputable right winged excuse for a news station. And that is my rant for now.
    honestly, all people have flaws. the bigger issue here isnt what stupid little thing either candidate has done in the past (if its strapping a dog to a car or eating it, or saying to borrow money from parents or that they went to all 57 states ) but rather that Religion alone shouldnt be what sways you one way or another. there are good people and bad people in all religions. i would rather vote for a Muslim who believed in Freedom than an agnostic that wanted to kill all of the first born female children. I would rather vote for an Buddhist that wants to leave everyones food alone than a Jew that wants to force everyone to keep kosher. For a Christian that isnt hypocritical, against an Atheist that wants to eliminate all mention of religion.
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:

Wait a minute....tell me you are not saying if a Mormon who believes Jesus Christ died for him and accepts Him as his personal Savior is not a Christian?

Yes, I am saying that Mormons are not Christian. This will address why more accurately and succinctly than I can in one post.

But that is dodging my question. Why does it matter? Also, a little googling makes it look like this is not even from Hannity... just poorly edited chain email crap. It is meaningless, slanted and heavily edited to remove facts as bad as or worse than any Michael Moore documentary. Frankly, I agree with OldBlueEyes, not only is this video a non-issue, whether true or not, but if you find this credible at all... you probably shouldn't vote.
  • kuzi16:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    I find it appalling that Hannity would try to push this video as a legitimate newsworthy source.
    appalling sure...
    but surprised?

im not.
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    The editing is set out to make Obama sound like a Muslim. If you go as far as to say that you've been sold on this video that Obama is in fact a Muslim, I discourage you from partaking in the presidential elections because you are much too easily swayed in your beliefs. I'd rather vote for a Muslim than I would someone who has been quoted saying "borrow money if you have to from your parents" in response to questions on student loan debt, and someone that strapped their dog on the roof of their car for a road trip. I won't get into that because honestly, Romney doesn't have anything to do with it. It's just spotty reporting from a non-reputable right winged excuse for a news station. And that is my rant for now.
    honestly, all people have flaws. the bigger issue here isnt what stupid little thing either candidate has done in the past (if its strapping a dog to a car or eating it, or saying to borrow money from parents or that they went to all 57 states ) but rather that Religion alone shouldnt be what sways you one way or another. there are good people and bad people in all religions. i would rather vote for a Muslim who believed in Freedom than an agnostic that wanted to kill all of the first born female children. I would rather vote for an Buddhist that wants to leave everyones food alone than a Jew that wants to force everyone to keep kosher. For a Christian that isnt hypocritical, against an Atheist that wants to eliminate all mention of religion.
    Very well said!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Back to the Subject of this thread, his religion doesn't matter. He's a chump for curtailing free speech!
    beatnic:
    Back to the Subject of this thread, his religion doesn't matter. He's a chump for curtailing free speech!
    If he actually did such a thing. The link I put earlier indicates this is standard chain mail BS.
    I didn't say I believed any of it, all I did was share a link that was sent to me and from that some of you have determined I need not vote. Would you ask the same of someone else that posts links about anyone from the GOP?

MTuccelli:
    I didn't say I believed any of it, all I did was share a link that was sent to me and from that some of you have determined I need not vote. Would you ask the same of someone else that posts links about anyone from the GOP?

Yes, I would tell them not to vote and if you didn't believe it, why would you post it? "Here is something that I think is a lie, but I will post it anyway." Yeah, sure... that sounds like something people do.
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:

Yes, I would tell them not to vote and if you didn't believe it, why would you post it? "Here is something that I think is a lie, but I will post it anyway." Yeah, sure... that sounds like something people do.
    Guilty as charged and my first offense. However it still happens all the time here and more so overlooked
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    kuzi16:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    appalling sure...
    but surprised?

im not.
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Very well said!
    +1, agreed
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I say again, he made a good speech. Forget about the bowing and the childhood photo and the plain as the nose on your face fact that yes in a sense we are at war with Islam because they are at war with us because we have this obsessive thing with Israel ... forget about some guy named Hannitty (who the heck is he? I must be living a sheltered life) pounding a Bible or whatever he's pandering to ......

Just look at the speech itself ... it's a peacemaking speech. What's wrong with that? Now and then a statesman ought to try and make peace. Long as he doesn't get so stuck on it he can't take out Osama.

Hey, I can't stand the guy because I think his economic policy wavers somewhere between sheer idiocy and rampant plutocracy. And I hate a fascist. But you got to give the devil his due.

It's a good speech.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:

Guilty as charged and my first offense. However it still happens all the time here and more so overlooked
    President Obama is not a Muslim. Period. I don't understand why people enjoy circulating propaganda.
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:

President Obama is not a Muslim. Period. I don't understand why people enjoy circulating propaganda.
    This whole thing is an example of why we can't have nice things. As I have said before, both sides are so eager to get digs in at the other side, that they will pounce on anything that seems to support their world view of the other guy being a "bad man". They don't fact check, they don't wonder if it is slanted, and the certaintly don't care if it is an actual issue worth debate. All these folks on both sides care about is the almighty narrative of Good vs Evil.

Spoiler alert. Neither Obama nor Romney are "good". They are not "evil" either. They are men. They both legitimately think their plans will make things better. They just have different ideas on how to go about it and different end goals. Just because a politician is on your "team" is no excuse to overlook their flaws. Just because a politician is not on your "team" is no excuse to overlook their virtues.
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:

This whole thing is an example of why we can't have nice things. As I have said before, both sides are so eager to get digs in at the other side, that they will pounce on anything that seems to support their world view of the other guy being a "bad man". They don't fact check, they don't wonder if it is slanted, and the certaintly don't care if it is an actual issue worth debate. All these folks on both sides care about is the almighty narrative of Good vs Evil.

Spoiler alert. Neither Obama nor Romney are "good". They are not "evil" either. They are men. They both legitimately think their plans will make things better. They just have different ideas on how to go about it and different end goals. Just because a politician is on your "team" is no excuse to overlook their flaws. Just because a politician is not on your "team" is no excuse to overlook their virtues.
    First in reply to JDH "I never said nor believe Obama is a Muslim" again I just posted a link that was sent to me.

jthanatos you make a good point so can you give me the virtues of both men running for President and if you don't mind how about the virtues of both men running for Vice President. I truly am interested in what you have to say about these 4 men.

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:

First in reply to JDH "I never said nor believe Obama is a Muslim" again I just posted a link that was sent to me.

jthanatos you make a good point so can you give me the virtues of both men running for President and if you don't mind how about the virtues of both men running for Vice President. I truly am interested in what you have to say about these 4 men.

All the knowledge you ever wanted held within
    wwestern:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:

All the knowledge you ever wanted held within
    Thanks wwestern for the reminder to Google it but what I am interested in is what virtues jthanatos sees in these men.

MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:

Sure thing, heck, I will even give you a vice to go with it.

Virtue, Obama is truly passionate about ensuring consumers are protected and workers are treated fairly. Vice, He has in many ways made the private sector overly linked to the public and vice versa and many parts of his stimulus created an enviroment where old tech was propped up reducing the incentives for these companies to re-organize and ruducing the ability of new tech to step up.

Virtue, Romney has shown himself to be a shrewd manager capable of analyzing business and logistic situations quickly and able to make the calls for the greatest profit. Also, he at least speaks of a lighter touch by the government when attempting to correct the economy. Vice, his focus on the bottom line makes him appear cold and his interviews further reinforce that he is not fully cognisant of what resources are and are not available to those in the middle class. Also, while he favors a lighter touch, he also advocates rapid cuts to government spending, which as other austere countries have shown, can be disasterous during a recession.

Virtue, Ryan has shown willingness to work for what is best for his constituents whether or not it agrees with his personal policies on the matter. Also, he is more in touch with/more willing to examine how technology obsoletes old laws and regulations and makes necessary new. Vice, his budget plan was/is a mess that cuts deep, but without discretion, while still cutting revenue. He has also changed his voting on issues while still maintaining his position, a have your cake and eat it sort of wobbling that just annoys me. The example that leaps to mind is his position on Cuba. He used to vote against the embargo, but now votes for it... yet in interviews he still maintains that we should treat them like China.

Ok, final one, Biden. I will preface this with I cannot stand the guy. I don't know what it is, but he just rubs me wrong, even if he isn't saying anything I disagree with. Makes it hard to be objective on him. Virtue, Experience. The guy has been there forever, which means he has inroads in both parties making him very good when playing deal maker. He has also been outspoken for freedom of religion but not FROM religion (I will let you decide if this is a virtue for you or not). Basically, he indicates he believes the government shouldn't spend money or policy to make people worship, but at the same time, no effort should be made to stop those that choose to, regardless of where practiced. Vice, Experience. The guy has been there forever, which means he more in touch with politicians than the average American. He has also been shown unwilling to adjust his views based on changes in technology. Also, and this is just a personal annoyance, the guy can't keep his foot out of his mouth.

There you go. Obviously, there are more for each and every candidate...ever. And, of course, some virtues and vices are more important to me, and some virtues and vices to me may be vices and virtues to another.

Finally, I just have to ask, again, why did you feel this video was important to share?
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    JDH:
    MTuccelli:
    jthanatos:
    MTuccelli:

Sure thing, heck, I will even give you a vice to go with it.

Virtue, Obama is truly passionate about ensuring consumers are protected and workers are treated fairly. Vice, He has in many ways made the private sector overly linked to the public and vice versa and many parts of his stimulus created an enviroment where old tech was propped up reducing the incentives for these companies to re-organize and ruducing the ability of new tech to step up.

Virtue, Romney has shown himself to be a shrewd manager capable of analyzing business and logistic situations quickly and able to make the calls for the greatest profit. Also, he at least speaks of a lighter touch by the government when attempting to correct the economy. Vice, his focus on the bottom line makes him appear cold and his interviews further reinforce that he is not fully cognisant of what resources are and are not available to those in the middle class. Also, while he favors a lighter touch, he also advocates rapid cuts to government spending, which as other austere countries have shown, can be disasterous during a recession.

Virtue, Ryan has shown willingness to work for what is best for his constituents whether or not it agrees with his personal policies on the matter. Also, he is more in touch with/more willing to examine how technology obsoletes old laws and regulations and makes necessary new. Vice, his budget plan was/is a mess that cuts deep, but without discretion, while still cutting revenue. He has also changed his voting on issues while still maintaining his position, a have your cake and eat it sort of wobbling that just annoys me. The example that leaps to mind is his position on Cuba. He used to vote against the embargo, but now votes for it... yet in interviews he still maintains that we should treat them like China.

Ok, final one, Biden. I will preface this with I cannot stand the guy. I don't know what it is, but he just rubs me wrong, even if he isn't saying anything I disagree with. Makes it hard to be objective on him. Virtue, Experience. The guy has been there forever, which means he has inroads in both parties making him very good when playing deal maker. He has also been outspoken for freedom of religion but not FROM religion (I will let you decide if this is a virtue for you or not). Basically, he indicates he believes the government shouldn't spend money or policy to make people worship, but at the same time, no effort should be made to stop those that choose to, regardless of where practiced. Vice, Experience. The guy has been there forever, which means he more in touch with politicians than the average American. He has also been shown unwilling to adjust his views based on changes in technology. Also, and this is just a personal annoyance, the guy can't keep his foot out of his mouth.

There you go. Obviously, there are more for each and every candidate...ever. And, of course, some virtues and vices are more important to me, and some virtues and vices to me may be vices and virtues to another.

Finally, I just have to ask, again, why did you feel this video was important to share?
    Thank you for your point of view. To answer your question on the video I really can't say why...I just did it. Maybe I guess without me having to say a word it brought out the hate and disdain for the GOP side by some of the posts I would assume where made by those that are on the opposing party. What you just posted was what this forum has needed...something more then talking points and I appreciate that.

As a Dull-Aware resident I can tell you that Biden was much more on the ball before he suffered dain bramage. Probably ought to have retired after the aneurysms.