Home Non Cigar Related

natural remody

So I hate taking meds... what are your homiopathic remodies for head colds? Or any other illness that u have taken care of naturally.

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Camphor for the head cold and wild willow bark tea for headache.
    Both tried and true in my family.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    RBeckom:
    where r those usually found?
    deejmemixx:
    RBeckom:
    where r those usually found?

The camphor can be purchased in any pharmacy. A light coat under your nose and you will receive instant relief from nasal congestion,
    The willow tree grows wild in most states near any water way. Scrape off the outer layer of bark and collect the inner bark to boil the tea. A half cup of this remedy will cure even the most stubborn of head aches.
    If you have problems locating the willow trees just shoot me a PM and I will be happy to send you some from my back yard, I actually cultivate it for different purposes.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Anyone who uses natural remedies gets plus 5 cool points.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rub dirt on it and get back in the game.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    So I hate taking meds... what are your homiopathic remodies for head colds? Or any other illness that u have taken care of naturally.
    Tell you what works for a head cold, though: whiskey and two wool blankets.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Of course the active ingredient in wild willow bark is a salicylate similar to aspirin. Effective but hardly non-toxic. Why do you hate taking meds?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a tea made by a company called "Traditional Medicinals".
    I use their teas called "Breath Easy" and "Throat Coat".
    Also, Zinc is a good preventative.

And a few "hot toddies/totties" work wonders.

There are dozens of hot tottie recipies, but I use this one.
    Hot black tea (green, white or your favorite flavor works)
    1 capful of lemon juice
    1 shot of whiskey, brandy or rum
    1 tablespoon of honey
    1 whole clove (I wouldn't over do it on the clove)

Make tea first, add ingredients and clove last. Let clove steep for about 3 minutes and drink.
    Ingredients can be more or less depending on taste. Repeat as necessary.

If it doesn't make you feel better, you won't really care after the third one. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • webmost:
    Rub dirt on it and get back in the game.

awesome!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinc. Fennel seed tea.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Roberto99:
    Of course the active ingredient in wild willow bark is a salicylate similar to aspirin. Effective but hardly non-toxic. Why do you hate taking meds?
    why take something full of chemicals when u can find things on nature that's will do the same. I have to take a pill every day for severe acid reflux and I hate it.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to all the Tea recommendations.

Celestial Seasoning's Wellness Teas work wonders for me in the wintertime. I'd suggest the Sleepytime Extra Wellness, Sinus Soother, or Throat Tamer. I've had them all - they help.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Rock n Rye. Not sure if it truly helps a cold but it will help you forget that you have one! Either that or some type of bourbon or whiskey, warmed up with some honey and lemon.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    Rock n Rye. Not sure if it truly helps a cold but it will help you forget that you have one! Either that or some type of bourbon or whiskey, warmed up with some honey and lemon.
    Everything is better with a hot buttered bourbon.
    Roberto99:

Anything taken at high enough doses will be toxic to the human body.
    Moderation is the key to all aspects of life my friend.
    Live, learn and then talk.