Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

If Bearswatter Does Spot Bears

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
So we leave at noon aboard Annie the BMW R1200CLC big bagger motorcycle from Newark Dull-Aware for Rigby Idaho, to visit new great-grandchildren in Idaho Falls. Route 80 to Rock Springs, then cut Northwest through the forest. While we are there, we will probably ride thru Jellystone. Return trip in two weeks possibly via Roy UT. How far south we deviate may vary depending whether there's snow in the passes. I won't be on this forum much for a while. I know you are heart broken about that. So to soften the heartbreak, I offer you this question. Nearest guess gets bombed on my return:

How many bears will Bearswatter spot if Bearswatter does spot bears?

Ties will be settled by who guesses closest to how many rain showers we ride thru.

Me, I'm guessing three bears and twelve showers.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Bears and 9 showers. Jeah!!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    LOL, 0 bears, and 8 showers!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lets say.... one bear seven showers.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    1 bear 5 showers
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    2 bears, 10 showers.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    5bear 6showers
    Money can't buy taste
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    3 bears, 10 showers

"Grizzly bear $hit has bells in it and smells like pepper" LOL!!!!!!

You guys be safe and have a great time! Sounds like a cool trip.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    6 bears 4 showers. Have a safe trip!
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    5 bears and 13 showers is my guess, be safe!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    2 bears, 15 showers. Have a safe trip and enjoy. That's beautiful country.
  • 4 bears, 6 showers. Be safe and have fun.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    2 bears 4 showers, and 71 McDonalds
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    6 bears 9 showers?
    The Kid:
    ....... and 71 McDonalds
    For the tie breaker, I think that number is a little low.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 bears and 7 rain showers...have fun out there!!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    0 bears 2 showers...sounds like a great trip! have fun and be safe
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're up to 4 showers zero bears so far. Up the highway is a place called Bear World. May head there this afternoon.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost:
    We're up to 4 showers zero bears so far. Up the highway is a place called Bear World. May head there this afternoon.
    ... Those bears don't count.. Unless you are attacked by a bear while you sleep in a tent, or while you are taking a Pissss They do not count.
    Doesn't matter ... they wanted seventeen bucks a head at the gate. I guess Purina bear chow is expensive these days. Four in the car = 72, so we bailed.

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Doesn't matter ... they wanted seventeen bucks a head at the gate. I guess Purina bear chow is expensive these days. Four in the car = 72, so we bailed.
    Wait for it....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    $68
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    $68
    There it is.... LMAO
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    I goofed -- it was $17 a head or $72 per carful. Either way, a bundle of bucks for a ride thru the little park. Shoulda brought a van full of kiddies and bought the carful rate.

Yesterday at the stepson's, four generations in the back yard, the toddler teetering round with her elbows in the air, trying to find her balance, learned to call her great-grandmother "Nana", learned to point at me when her mother asked "where's Grandpa?" Grandpa smoked a Padilla Miami, drank a couple Fat Tires, cracked jokes, returned to the B&B after dark, uncorked huckleberry wine, climbed in the hot tub, groped Bearswatter and watched shooting stars. Some days life just doesn't suck.

A moose along the river bank beside the B&B's this morning. No bears yet. Eagles football at a sports bar today. Jellystone tomorrow. May spot bears there.

You better keep a close eye on your "pic-a-nic" basket, you never know when Yogi and Boo-Boo might show up.
    mmccartneydc:
    LOL, 0 bears, and 8 showers!
    Back in my man cave at last, enjoying one of FireTruckGuy's HC Maduros, Michigan football on the toob, rain pounding outside. Final tally zero bears and nine showers. At aught and eight, you were pretty close, McCartney. Congrats. Shoot me a PM with your address and I will prepare you a package.

Unloaded two boxloads en route. Outta ammo after two weeks. Then, on the next to last day at the B&B in Rigby Idaho, a young couple comes late to the breakfast table and sits across from us. You can tell by the dewey damp look in their eyes that they've just been doing it up in their suite, is why they're late. Both from Canada. He's got a job in Salt Lake. She's still in school in Manitoba. They met in the middle for the weekend. Been missing each other. She looks like she's wearing two scuba tanks backwards. He's a handsome youngster. While I'm admiring her dangling tankage, she announces it's his birthday today. His lucky day, by yimminy. I run back to the room and improvise a bomblet. Thanks to FireTruckGuy for sending me a dozen HCs to the B&B before us so I had the means at hand. The innkeeper's wife improvises a ribbon. Sang him my special birthday song. He appeared to be genuinely touched.

Welcome to America, young Manitoban, arsenal of the free world, where we lavish the best smart bombs on earth on unsuspecting furriners.

My funnest bomb yet.

... and just as I clicked the button to post this, someone in the neighborhood sets off a ton of fireworks. The real deal. Mortars and stuff. Up at the church yard, I think.

Davis, once again, thank you so much. I can't wait to smoke these! Also, it was a real pleasure speaking to you on the phone this afternoon. Look forward to meeting you in person!!!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice selection that Davis got ya there Matt. I think herfin with Davis would be one entertaining time, for sure!!
    Bigshizza:
    Nice selection that Davis got ya there Matt. I think herfin with Davis would be one entertaining time, for sure!!
    Thanks and definitely! He's a great guy!