Home General Discussion

Fuente Band help

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
I purchased this Hemingway Signature while in Gatlinburg at a B&M when I was home on leave. But, while researching it a bit, the band seems to different than those of anywhere else. So, my question goes out to those with more experience, did they change band design or what is the deal with this one. The shop owner let me have the box as well since it was the last stick in it.

Comments

• looks like a don carlos band to me but I'm no fuente expert. On closer inspection don carlos doesn't have the lower gold thick band have to look deeper.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    either new or old cause looks different than ive seen, bigger and more gold outlay
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    That was my thoughts, even on the AF website the thick gold band isn't present. But, nothing else about it seemed to scream fake, so, I am just making sure.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    That was my thoughts, even on the AF website the thick gold band isn't present. But, nothing else about it seemed to scream fake, so, I am just making sure.
    pm
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Please fill me in, that is EXACTLY what I smoked last night!!!image
    Doing a google image search for Hemingway Signatures, I only saw two other photos with that band, the rest just had the black bottom. Perplexing....
    Whatever it was, I truly enjoyed it. Wonder if it was an older version of the Don Carlos?
    I bought it in a Hemingway box, not that it means a whole lot
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I believe they changed the bands last year where the Hemingway's have the thick gold band at bottom.
    That would be nice, atleast I would know it is genuine
    Yup, based on that link you sent me, I had the DC #4 petite corona. Thanks for researching it! Mine was great!
  • mmccartneydc:
    Yup, based on that link you sent me, I had the DC #4 petite corona. Thanks for researching it! Mine was great!
    Good that is what I ordered and sent you ^_^
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I believe don Carlos and hemmingway have the same band but hemmingways are figurados. They do have new bands now.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed the band last year. The 2011 releases have the gold band on them.
    Not sure if the 2012 releases have it still or not.

It's a cameroon. That's the only reason I know. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    Indeed it is a Cameroon. The band had me a little worried though.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Fuente changed all of their regular line smokes labels.