Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My new toy

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
So, while on leave I managed to get a super deal on a boat. I am thinking a Herf Cruise?

Comments

• Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Um.. Yes. When should we pack?
  • Options
    You guys will love it. We will take a nice cruise on the Intercoastal. I think mom would even enjoy herself.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Nice boat but I can not make out the name.
  • Options
    Right now it is Amber II, but it will be changed on my next trip home in December to Keepin It Reel
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!
    Congrats!

You do realize it's bad luck to change the name of a boat?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Without doing the ritual of Poseiden correct?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Love Boats and playin out on the water,, what make/model is she? and I'm assuming single drive??? Very nice I like the Bimini pkgs,,does it also have a head?
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Right now it is Amber II, but it will be changed on my next trip home in December to Keepin It Reel

Good choice.
  • Options
    It is a Carver Yacht 3207. It is twin engine. Has a forward berth with a head and shower and a aft berth with a head as well. Kitchen and salon also.
  • Options
    What type motors?? whats the length?? a galley too, damn!!!!!!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you believe in superstition and maritime things like that, you should remove all logs with the original name.
    Christen it with the new name and pour some champagne on the boat and in the water to appease Neptune or Poseidon (which ever one).

Some name changing ceremonies get really elaborate. So you can take it to what ever extreme you want. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    What type motors?? whats the length?? a galley too, damn!!!!!!
    It has two new engines with less than 50 hours, one is a Mercruiser 350 and the other is a Michigan Motorz 350. It is 32 ft. The previous owners gutted her and re did everything, so it is immaculate inside and out.
  • Options
    0patience:
    Well, if you believe in superstition and maritime things like that, you should remove all logs with the original name.
    Christen it with the new name and pour some champagne on the boat and in the water to appease Neptune or Poseidon (which ever one).

Some name changing ceremonies get really elaborate. So you can take it to what ever extreme you want. LOL!
    That was my understanding as well. The original boat name was Becky (which happens to be my wifes name) but they changed it to Amber II. The wife is not going to like me tooling around in a boat with another womans name. So we are going to do the whole christening ceremony and change it. I am not very superstitious, however, I also don't want to sink in shark infested waters either. So a few minutes of my time and a bottle of champagne is not a big deal, LOL.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Sweet! Do you have a female crew?
  • Options
    Good size, I know the Merc I dont know the other,, Frickn nice dude,, are you gonna moor her or you pullin her out.. Enjoy and Have fun which I know you will.. Just curious does it have any two way or marine band coms
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Good size, I know the Merc I dont know the other,, Frickn nice dude,, are you gonna moor her or you pullin her out.. Enjoy and Have fun which I know you will.. Just curious does it have any two way or marine band coms
    She is in a wet slip at a Marina in Florida. It does have a VHF radio and a GPS/Chartplotter too.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Does my wife and sister count?
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    The Kid:
    She is in a wet slip at a Marina in Florida. It does have a VHF radio and a GPS/Chartplotter too.
    Nice!!! BTW I also like the swim/dive platform
  • Options
    The Kid:
    marineatbn03:
    The Kid:
    Nice!!! BTW I also like the swim/dive platform
    Thanks brother, I only rode it 30 miles and stayed one night on it before I came back to asscrackistan, so I am looking forward to enjoying it. (I did manage to smoke a stick on her before I left)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im in. just send me time and place.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im in. just send me time and place.
    +2
    That is bada$$ dude. Congrats on the good deal and sweet find. Looks awesome, enjoy it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    marineatbn03:
    That is one sweet ride. Lucky guy, you are. The two best names for boats (that I've seen) are; Dock Holiday and $$$$$
  • Options
    JDH:
    marineatbn03:
    That is one sweet ride. Lucky guy, you are. The two best names for boats (that I've seen) are; Dock Holiday and $$$$$
    I saw a lawyers boat at the marina named Knot Guilty, I thought that was pretty clever
  • Options
    JDH:
    marineatbn03:
    I think Its Jeff Gordon who named his boat "Wet Spot" Love it and Love it!lol,,or maybe its Jimmy Johnson
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    beatnic:
    Does my wife and sister count?
    I'll go ahead and answer this.... Yes, yes it does. Can't get a hotter crew than us! ;) Im loving the name. Spin off from chappelle?
  • Options
    Hadn't really thought about that. We wanted to name the pontoon boat Keepin it Reel just never got around to it. So this one is getting the name. We want the graphic to have a sunset behind it and a fishing pole coming off of the K hooked to a marlin or something right of Reel. Still playing with it and have to find a graphic designer or something to draw it up for me.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    awwww shiiizzz. big pimpin spendin Gs. biiiiig pimpin on B L A D E S. ooorah
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Super cool...have fun!!!
    marineatbn03:
    So, while on leave I managed to get a super deal on a boat. I am thinking a Herf Cruise?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Right on man, that is a frickin sweet boat. Congratulations!!
  • Options
    Thanks brother. Now if I could just stay in the US long enough to enjoy it...