Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Feeding time.

Just wrote this on facebook to chat with some of my friends. I'm bored so I figured I'd share this with you all to pick apart. Or concur with I guess. The Big Bang theory is a very difficult concept for anyone to really wrap their minds around. I personally don't believe in it, for a couple of different reasons. It states that the universe is constantly expanding, and therefore came to be from a significantly small source. I could almost agree with that, if someone could explain to me how random particles and matter just "appeared" as the center of the universe, and then started expanding. There is no scientific theory to the "beginning" of the Big Bang. It would be an absurd assumption to believe that particles of matter just appeared, for no reason whatsoever. And above not having a reason, without any kind of previous creation. Nothing just "is". Take a gas for example. That gas doesn't just appear in the universe from nothing, it is created through either sublimation, vaporization, or deionization. This means it is definite that I came from a pre-existing source. There is a definite amount of matter available in the universe. Nothing can be completely destroyed, or added. The same law applies to the logic before the Big Bang. If you're actually reading this sentence, I'll be shocked. I doubt anyone will have listened to this past the first two sentences. But I was bored, and this is an interesting topic to me. I'm not closed minded though, if anyone has a legitimate argument, let it be know.

Comments

• Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Michio Kaku's take on this. He's pretty bad ass and he can dumb stuff down pretty well so a jackass like me can get a handle on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYAdwS5MFjQ
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Not really pertinent to the topic but a good video on just how complex matter on an atomic level is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Just wrote this on facebook to chat with some of my friends. I'm bored so I figured I'd share this with you all to pick apart. Or concur with I guess. The Big Bang theory is a very difficult concept for anyone to really wrap their minds around. I personally don't believe in it, for a couple of different reasons. It states that the universe is constantly expanding, and therefore came to be from a significantly small source. I could almost agree with that, if someone could explain to me how random particles and matter just "appeared" as the center of the universe, and then started expanding. There is no scientific theory to the "beginning" of the Big Bang. It would be an absurd assumption to believe that particles of matter just appeared, for no reason whatsoever. And above not having a reason, without any kind of previous creation. Nothing just "is". Take a gas for example. That gas doesn't just appear in the universe from nothing, it is created through either sublimation, vaporization, or deionization. This means it is definite that I came from a pre-existing source. There is a definite amount of matter available in the universe. Nothing can be completely destroyed, or added. The same law applies to the logic before the Big Bang. If you're actually reading this sentence, I'll be shocked. I doubt anyone will have listened to this past the first two sentences. But I was bored, and this is an interesting topic to me. I'm not closed minded though, if anyone has a legitimate argument, let it be know.
    another thing to keep in mind is that there is a relationship between mass and energy. matter can be created/destroyed, and by that i mean it can be converted from matter to energy and back. just because the mass did not exist at the big bang does not mean that the big bang did not happen.