Home General Discussion
Options

this forum needs moderators

and certain rules to make things clear. I subscribe to several discussion groups on different topics and I've never seen anything get as far as a recent thread has, which the bashing continues on other threads now. Members policing and deciding what's right or wrong doesn't work and it shouldn't be up to members. Ccom should make some ground rules to keep this place friendly and have a moderator close threads that go to far and even ban members for breaking rules.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe this should have give in the non cigar thread. Sorry.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ccezar:
    and certain rules to make things clear. I subscribe to several discussion groups on different topics and I've never seen anything get as far as a recent thread has, which the bashing continues on other threads now. Members policing and deciding what's right or wrong doesn't work and it shouldn't be up to members. Ccom should make some ground rules to keep this place friendly and have a moderator close threads that go to far and even ban members for breaking rules.
    disagree

at least in a way.

yes you are right that things have recently gotten out of hand a bit. however, the lack of moderation is what made this forum more approachable to many. it has a "real cigar shop" feel. I mean, we dont like everyone that walks into our B&Ms do we?
    there have been threads that have a bit of bashing, but there have also been threads apologizing for bashing.
    we are human and therefore are imperfect. however, we are human and therefore have the ability to right out wrongs.

i do not take the fact that some people dont get along as a reason to have heavy handed moderation. the forum has and can continue to use community pressure to deal with improper behavior.
    it has worked 99% of the time so far. as far as i know there has only been one person ejected from the forum (by cigar.com) for poor behavior. (several bots for spam though)

• Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    ccezar:
    disagree

at least in a way.

yes you are right that things have recently gotten out of hand a bit. however, the lack of moderation is what made this forum more approachable to many. it has a "real cigar shop" feel. I mean, we dont like everyone that walks into our B&Ms do we?
    there have been threads that have a bit of bashing, but there have also been threads apologizing for bashing.
    we are human and therefore are imperfect. however, we are human and therefore have the ability to right out wrongs.

i do not take the fact that some people dont get along as a reason to have heavy handed moderation. the forum has and can continue to use community pressure to deal with improper behavior.
    it has worked 99% of the time so far. as far as i know there has only been one person ejected from the forum (by cigar.com) for poor behavior. (several bots for spam though)

I totally agree with kuzi, moderation could be a good idea. But a moderator may think all the things we laugh and joke about a little harsh, or just be a d!ck that day, and close threads that alot of us enjoy
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Don't you think our lives are moderated enough? We don't need more we do just fine.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Kuzi and the guy above my post (sorry buddy, I forgot who it was) are right on point. BTW, what is the thread thats so bad? I cant believe Im not somehow a part of it, lollllllllll. And if I am, I think everyone knows its all in the idea of good conversation or a little anger at the moment-----nothing long lasting or with any true ill feelings.
  • Options
    As an aside, I may now be a Seahawks fan.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
  • Options
    Rain:
    Vulchor:
    -1?!??!!?!??!?! Did you see those tittttttttttttttttttties up there?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Ive seen worse
    "My Opinion" Dude was acting inappropriately,,dude got flamed,,,end of story
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Rain:
    Vulchor:
    Um, no. My bad! +2
  • Options
    Rain:
    Vulchor:
    Rain:
    Vulchor:
    Um, no. My bad! +2
    glad I could help u see the light....
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Vulchor:
    Kuzi and the guy above my post (sorry buddy, I forgot who it was) are right on point. BTW, what is the thread thats so bad? I cant believe Im not somehow a part of it, lollllllllll. And if I am, I think everyone knows its all in the idea of good conversation or a little anger at the moment-----nothing long lasting or with any true ill feelings.
    I'm with Vulchor. Where is this thread? Always lookin for some verbal sparring. LOL
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Vulchor:
    I'm with Vulchor. Where is this thread? Always lookin for some verbal sparring. LOL
    grats on 2700 lol... Cool cutter thread and any other made by seagarsmoker
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    ccezar:
    Meh. I don't know what you're talking about, but I do know this: your argument is predicated on the belief that everywhere you go should be comfortable for you. I disagree with your argument on this fundamental assumption alone, regardless of the specifics of the thread/incident you're referring to. If you're uncomfortable somewhere, there is always a door. If, instead, you choose to remain outside your comfort zone, you just might develop as a human being.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    ccezar:
    Meh. I don't know what you're talking about, but I do know this: your argument is predicated on the belief that everywhere you go should be comfortable for you. I disagree with your argument on this fundamental assumption alone, regardless of the specifics of the thread/incident you're referring to. If you're uncomfortable somewhere, there is always a door. If, instead, you choose to remain outside your comfort zone, you just might develop as a human being.

Well said.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Ive seen worse
    "My Opinion" Dude was acting inappropriately,,dude got flamed,,,end of story
    +1
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    This forum needs an upgrade out of html format..
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Nope, I enjoy this forum because we have the opportunity to police ourselves. Self regulation, now thats an idea our government could benefit from, lol.
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    beatnic:
    Vulchor:
    grats on 2700 lol... Cool cutter thread and any other made by seagarsmoker
    Ah, yes. He got off on the wrong foot a few months back. Its' hard to shake a lie. Everyone remembers. As to the thread mentioned, looks like it was fairly well self-moderated.
  • Options
    scarlin:
    This forum needs an upgrade out of html format..
    +1
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    ccezar:
    ccezar, First off, thank you for bringing this up, now watch, I'm going to get bashed from the few, I as well go to other forums Cigar Aficionado being one will not dare share my name I use in this group setting, But back to it, yes they all have what they call an ADMIN. and this guy or gal watches all the threads and will *** it down or kick that member off, I do not know why CCOM has not adopted this as of yet, after the past day I would have placed several rules and guidelines, look I'm as as guilty as the rest if no more I will say that like I said yesterday I should not have let certain comments in the past get me out of sorts, but I hope U can see like some of the others that some of the members jumped on me for the most tiny of tiny posts and yes I started one of my very first threads with I had a walk in, some can not let that go and thats sad, anyway I agree we need to have a mediator, asap, OK now let the BASHING on me begin, trust me it will start.
  • Options
    seagarlover:
    ccezar:
    ccezar, First off, thank you for bringing this up, now watch, I'm going to get bashed from the few, I as well go to other forums Cigar Aficionado being one will not dare share my name I use in this group setting, But back to it, yes they all have what they call an ADMIN. and this guy or gal watches all the threads and will *** it down or kick that member off, I do not know why CCOM has not adopted this as of yet, after the past day I would have placed several rules and guidelines, look I'm as as guilty as the rest if no more I will say that like I said yesterday I should not have let certain comments in the past get me out of sorts, but I hope U can see like some of the others that some of the members jumped on me for the most tiny of tiny posts and yes I started one of my very first threads with I had a walk in, some can not let that go and thats sad, anyway I agree we need to have a mediator, asap, OK now let the BASHING on me begin, trust me it will start.
    Nope. No bashing here.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    seagarlover:
    ccezar:
    DEWD! If you really want this to stop... shut up!!! If you think there will be moderators coming over this incident? Forget about it.

If you have been here long enough you will realize that we police ourselves and it works very well. C.com could not have a better system in place with a moderator. Just stop the comments and baiting people with your comments inviting flaming.

This has been beat to death, and it is not serving any purpose for this to continue, but that means you as well. It seems like what you really want is for everyone to tell you that it is alright and let's move on. That may happen with some people, it won't happen with others. Accept that and move on. This bashing back and forth looking for confirmation from any corner is not helping this issue go away.

People who make comments based on what someone said months ago, in a moment of bravado is really kind of sad. I mean, if nobody was taken advantage of or a trade or pass was not negatively affected... then move on. How long does someone have to suffer comments and disdain before they are deemed worthy of treatment and normal levels of respect. We have had plenty of these types of incidences and they all eventually go away and some of the BOTL involved in these past incidences have become very important members of this community. I think it is time to let this drop and to give everybody the benefit of the doubt, at least until actions demand another approach. Past comments or statements should not haunt someone forever should they? I think we are a much more forgiving community then that!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    seagarlover:
    ccezar:
    This forum has admins which are the guys who work for CCOM as admins can change settings of the actual forum codes n stuff. We could use Moderators which can't change anything about the forum itself, but delete threads/ban people/warn people/move topics to right forums/edit questionable posts/i think thats all. Since this is the interweb and emotions cannot be seen that was an informative post (don't hurt me) *The more you know*
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccezar:
    OK, at the risk of sounding like a real jerk, here I go.

If you subscribe to several discussion groups and don't like this one, the answer is quite simple. Don't be here.
    This forum is different. Most of us like that difference.
    If you believe for a minute that this forum isn't moderated, then who removes the spammers who register and their posts? The do show up and they do disappear. So someone from ccom removes them.

With 33 posts, I find it interesting how you've seen enough to think that it needs changing to your liking.

What rules have been broken so far for the need of a moderator?
    What threads do YOU think need closing?
    I'm guessing we aren't all big boys and can't handle ourselves properly??

The last few days, I've been wondering what the hell is going on with everyone with the bickering and crap like that.

Ok, I'm ready for the blasting. Oh wait, let me put my flame suit on. Ok, now I'm ready. Blast away.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Nope, no blasting.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    ccezar:

If you subscribe to several discussion groups and don't like this one, the answer is quite simple. Don't be here.
    If you believe for a minute that this forum isn't moderated, then who removes the spammers who register and their posts? The do show up and they do disappear. So someone from ccom removes them.

With 33 posts, I find it interesting how you've seen enough to think that it needs changing to your liking.

The last few days, I've been wondering what the hell is going on with everyone with the bickering and crap like that.

Ok, I'm ready for the blasting. Oh wait, let me put my flame suit on. Ok, now I'm ready. Blast away.
    Tony, you are out of line. And as punishment, you should get an amazing stick and go outside and reflect. ;)
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    0patience:
    ccezar:

Tony, you are out of line. And as punishment, you should get an amazing stick and go outside and reflect. ;)
    If this polite conversation continues I will have to leave.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    marineatbn03:
    0patience:
    ccezar:

I'd like to nominate this guy for moderator!!After all this is all his fault anyhow
    image [IMG]
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    beatnic:
    marineatbn03:
    0patience:
    ccezar:

I'd like to nominate this guy for moderator!!After all this is all his fault anyhow
    image [IMG]
    i wonder if mike has any of those turds left for you? lmfao