Home General Discussion
Options

Nub Maduro

2»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Nice Nub Stand ... on the sunroof no less! Glad you like it.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    My friend Ray had one of the Maduros at the event Friday night. He had the longest ash I have ever seen from a nub. It was literaly down to the nub. They took a picture. I'll see if I can get a copy.
  • Options
    One of the guys at the event last year used a stogie nubber and had less than a 1/4 inch when he popped his nub stand.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Wow, that's pretty awesome.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Awesome, I got a box on the way!
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Awesome, I got a box on the way!

I just picked up a couple of them as well. Can't wait.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im gunna smoke mine either tomorrow or the day after.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    im gunna smoke mine either tomorrow or the day after.
    I'm stunned the 6 week rest period is being skipped!You must be excited about this stick!
  • Options
    that and i do have two of them.
  • Options
    yes you do AND ccom is selling more of them :)
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I'm gonna pick up a couple of these, I usually don't like maduros that much, but after having the V maduro it kinda changed my attitude a little.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    good shot brandon
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Finally smoked my first Nub yesterday. The maduro of course. It was ok, I really enjoyed the first inch as it tasted clean with some pepper and choc. Maybe my natural smoking pace is to fast for these as it seemed to get hot very quickly. It turned into to much of a straight tobacoo taste for my liking. Not as much bitter choc or coffee flavor as I had hoped. You gotta love the nice even burn and super tight ash on these though. I smoked mine well past the band and the ash never fell off. Glad I tried but wouldnt pay the 6 bucks for another one.
  • Options
    Thats the thing about bigger ring gauge cigars, you're supposed to be able to smoke them faster. But you may want to try slowing down and seeing if you get more flavor out of it.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    ive posted this a couple places tonight, but I had a Nub 464 Torpedo tonight. It was tasty, the wrapper cracked! But the crack didnt develop any further than the original 1/4" crack!

My fault for not letting it rest, I smoked it right out of the box delivered from USPS.
    It was a tasty smoke, not very complex, but tasty
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    There is a Nub event here in Tampa tonight not far from my house. With Nubs being rolled on sight. Not sure If I will be able to make it though I would love to. I might have to wait for the Oliva event next thursday. Unless I can convince my girlfriend to go to both with me.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    The longest smoke I have gotten out of any nub, even the 464 habano, was 45 minutes.  And it didn't burn hot in my opinion at all. 
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585

cholmes8310:
    The longest smoke I have gotten out of any nub, even the 464 habano, was 45 minutes.  And it didn't burn hot in my opinion at all. 

Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to a post on page 1 of this thread.  Guess I didn't hit quote.  I'm sure someone was reading this thinking, "what is the noob talking about?"

• Options
    cholmes8310:

cholmes8310:

Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to a post on page 1 of this thread.  Guess I didn't hit quote.  I'm sure someone was reading this thinking, "what is the noob talking about?"

...damn noob....

but seriously, i havent had a NUB last SHORTER than 45 min. i know i smoke slow but 45 min is seriously fast.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Yeah, I smoke fast and I still get about an hour or an hour ten on the nub.
  • Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    Just had my first Nub Maduro tonight - and for that matter my first ever Nub. I thought it was an excellent little smoke. Lasted about an hour. Smooth medium bodied smoke. I loved the feel of the thing and the burn was perfect for me. I might need to start look at nubs more.