Home Non Cigar Related
Options

thank you and I aint goin anywhere

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
just so you know, i aint going anywhere.

I know i have not been posting as much as of late, but that does not mean that i am not a part of this group. Every forum has its issues, this one as well, but i have no real reason to leave. I have considered this place my "cigar home" since its inception in Jan/Feb of 08. (and before that if you count the old forum). I was the 35th member of this forum and have watched it grow and change. From the days where Heath started the good traders list, to the days that Landon and i would argue over Gurkha vs. Rocky Patel to the Political rants or PuroFreak, to Kuzipaluza, to sniper attacks, and the most epic Bombing i have ever seen (thanks guys!) to this sad moment in the forum history, i have been a part of it. Yes, this is a low point but it can be salvaged.

i can understand why people want to leave. I will not try and stop you all, but i will remember the good those people brought to this board and i will do my best to embody that spirit.

I have been referred to as a "guru" or as the "Yoda of cigars" but really, i am just a guy trying to give back to the cigar world that has given so much to me both physically and spiritually. I want new people to get into this cigar world. I want people to understand the joy and relaxation it can bring. I will offer up knowledge when i can, and i will offer up my opinion where it applies. i will also do my best to bring people an understanding of the culture of cigars. this culture is one of tradition and respect. there is no (or should be no) competition in the cigar world. we are all BOTL/SOTL. Even the companies, blenders, and retailers are all friends with each other. we/they are all friends out of respect for what the other is doing, attempting to do, or respect for what we are getting out of this passion.

Brothers (of the leaf) dont always agree, but in a (cigar) family we are all bound by a common thread and we all work to make things as good as we can.

I hope this (cigar) family will survive and get stronger from these "growing pains" we are having. I will work to that goal.

on that note, its time i get back to my passion: smoking cigars.

Davidoff Grand Cru Review will be posted later today.

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for everything you do Kuzi, I am a more informed and educated smoker ecause of your presence.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you kuzi for the kind words! You are one of the greats on this forum and highly respected! Glad your not leaving!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ++++ to catfish and lee's comments.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - thanks Kuzi for sharing all of your knowledge here.
    From your reviews to your "answers" in the Cigar101 section, I always enjoy your posts and have learned so much simply from your posts.

I'm glad you're sticking around, and I hope everyone else does the same.
    Good post Kuzi, and like you said, let's get back to cigars!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    +1
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Glad to see you will sticking around Prof. Kuzi
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I know everybody is probably wondering what I am going to do (stay or go)...lol.......I am stayin' Biatches....... Get some of that boys........I agree with "The Kuzzzzziiii". A little growing pains that's all. It is still a great forum and I, personally, have a lot of time invested here. I will definitely miss those guys, but I am moving forward. Its what they would want us to do......
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Nice post Kuzi. I'm not as involved in this forum as some, but it's still the most involved in any online forum I've ever been, cigars or otherwise. It's been a great experience and will continue to be a great experience for me no matter the ups and downs.

Having said that I missed all the drama recently but have seen all of the farewell speeches. I hate to say it because everyone saying farewell are standup BOTLs, but it kind of seems like 'I'm taking my ball and going home' type situation which only adds to the drama imho. But I understand once you've had enough, that's enough so I understand and wish everyone well. I just hope everyone leaving would have a smoke, let the smoke clear (pun intended) and reconsider. Peace.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I fully understand everyone's reasons for leaving and don't begrudge anyone for the choices that they make. I personally keep a rather short memory and try not to hold grudges. It keeps me from strangling my students throughout the school year. I will continue to contribute with the hopes of being part of the solution. However, I would love if everyone would take a second and consider if what they are posting is really how they want the brotherhood viewing them. Apologies are great, but future behaviors are the real sign of remorse. I hope we manage to become a better brotherhood with what we have learned from this.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I feel like I missed something here. What happened this time? Someone please PM me and let me know.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I feel like I missed something here. What happened this time? Someone please PM me and let me know.
    pm to ya
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    I fully understand everyone's reasons for leaving and don't begrudge anyone for the choices that they make. I personally keep a rather short memory and try not to hold grudges. It keeps me from strangling my students throughout the school year. I will continue to contribute with the hopes of being part of the solution. However, I would love if everyone would take a second and consider if what they are posting is really how they want the brotherhood viewing them. Apologies are great, but future behaviors are the real sign of remorse. I hope we manage to become a better brotherhood with what we have learned from this.
    +1....well said!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was kind of hoping all of you would leave so I could post by myself and agree 100% with me all the time.

I have slacked off because it seems like the last year things have just been off here. Doesn't feel like fmily like it did when I first started here. To be honest I am really busy too and just don't have time for a lot of things anymore.

I still have some really good friends here and still don't know half of the new guys here. I miss some guys that don't come around anymore.

I will always troll here and pop into a conversation here and there and will continue to do so.

Sorry to see anyone leave due but I understand some of the frustrations going on.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I limit my participation now but will hang around
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    im on here all the time, before work, after work, during work, and it is all of you that make this forum better than the rest! i hope none of you go anywhere!
  • Options
    greg2648:
    I know everybody is probably wondering what I am going to do (stay or go)...lol.......I am stayin' Biatches....... Get some of that boys........I agree with "The Kuzzzzziiii". A little growing pains that's all. It is still a great forum and I, personally, have a lot of time invested here. I will definitely miss those guys, but I am moving forward. Its what they would want us to do......
    Bring it beotch!
  • Options
    Professor, thank you for all of your cigar wisdom. I am glad that you are staying.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    What in the world is going on here? Glad to see you are staying Kuzi.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuzi, love what you bring to the table. I enjoy the reviews from you and Robby and everyone else. So much information to be consumed here, it's very exciting to learn everyday. Thanks!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very glad to hear you're staying. I'm hoping that the solid brothers who've decided to leave will reconsider. I have been told that many forums have problems with Ranters, people who totally unload on anyone who disagrees with them, and I think we've had little of that, and it usually goes away. Keep the faith.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Has all this hoopla been brought about from that post about a cigar cutter?
  • Options
    WyattEarpWyattEarp Posts: 27
    Lemme know Mr. Kuziyoda if there's anyway I may be of service to you/ Your reputation is known as far as all the way to the Rio Grande. You see any troublemakers round these parts you give a hollar and ol Wyatt will be on them like stink on kimchee
    Ooohhhhh eeeeee yous a smokin one of them fancy pretty cigars, yes tell us how that smokes , much abliged pardner.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    greg2648:
    Bring it beotch!
    Hahahahahaha. You so funny. I am going to make an example of you.....LOL.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    catfishbluezz:
    greg2648:
    Bring it beotch!
    LOL oooo yeaaaa.
    Go get ya' some, Greg. ha

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    catfishbluezz:
    greg2648:
    Bring it beotch!
    And I you my friend and I you...
  • Options
    The Kid:
    greg2648:
    catfishbluezz:
    greg2648:
    Bring it beotch!
    Me likey patty cakes with bears
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    greg2648:
    catfishbluezz:
    greg2648:
    Bring it beotch!
    Me too butt everytime I've tangled with Capt punishment I can hear my butt whistle Dixie for a week or two when the wind blows
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    greg2648:
    catfishbluezz:
    greg2648:
    Bring it beotch!
    Me too butt everytime I've tangled with Capt punishment I can hear my butt whistle Dixie for a week or two when the wind blows
    Ouch!
  • Options
    WyattEarp:
    Lemme know Mr. Kuziyoda if there's anyway I may be of service to you/ Your reputation is known as far as all the way to the Rio Grande. You see any troublemakers round these parts you give a hollar and ol Wyatt will be on them like stink on kimchee
    Ooohhhhh eeeeee yous a smokin one of them fancy pretty cigars, yes tell us how that smokes , much abliged pardner.
    ok, Mr. Earp, or should I say Jiunn?!
  • Options
    WyattEarp:
    i can impose the sentencing if found guilty as charged!
  • Options
    the judge:
    WyattEarp:
    i can impose the sentencing if found guilty as charged!
    Plenty of guilt around here!