Options

Just bought my first house!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    tankbonnies:
    j0z3r:
    I've got an eye on one house already, it's a 3 bed/3 bath, two storey 2300 sq. feet, 2001 build in a nice area...right now listed at $123,000. I'd have to see it up close an personal of course, but I like what I see so far just looking at internet listings. We'll see...I should put a call in and go see it some time, couldn't hurt.
    WOW...that price in NJ woul get you a shed. I need to move:)
    Here in Va Beach that'd get you a trailer or something in the projects. My 1400 sq ft townhouse goes for over $200k.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Congrats on the new house, its a great time to be a buyer. If you can you may want to look into making payments every other week instead of monthly. It can knock seven years off of the term of your loan, builds equity faster.
  • Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I have actually backed out of the house after the inspection. There was a great room addition built on this house and it turns out the knuckle head who built it used regular lumber rather then pressure treated wood for the floor joist. So regular lumber was resting on and in the masonry work! Anyone who know about construction knows what that equals down the road and I just didn't see myself lifting the house in order to replace all of that so I'm back to the drawing board.

Fortunately I have already found a cape cod that I think we're going to offer on with a sweet little covered side porch smoking spot!
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    Phew. Blessing in disguise there. Had you bought that you would be in badddddd shape down the road. Good luck on the new offer! Hopefully more good news soon so we can all have another smoke in your honor haha
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    j0z3r:
    I've got an eye on one house already, it's a 3 bed/3 bath, two storey 2300 sq. feet, 2001 build in a nice area...right now listed at $123,000. I'd have to see it up close an personal of course, but I like what I see so far just looking at internet listings. We'll see...I should put a call in and go see it some time, couldn't hurt.
    Wish the prices here were that good, the sad thing is, we're about 15 miles apart, yet everything is overpriced here.
  • Options
    Back at it!!!! This time it's official as soon as we go through the lending process. We locked in at 5.5% interest and hope to close by the 2nd week in July!

Our first home

And my smoke spot which I plan to change to wood columns and rails, screen in, add a ceiling fan to, and some bamboo type blinds for some privacy. Eventually I plan to build a deck but until then I'm so excited! I just had to share........
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congrats on the new home ...be sure and break it in proper with a " good spirits smoke" hahaha ...
  • Options
    Thanks boss! You know I will
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    By cape cod, do you mean it's actually in cape cod?
  • Options
    no I'm in Roanoke, VA - A Cape Cod style home is a 1 1/2 story house with only the "dormer windows" showing on the second floor (as pictured above).
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Congrats That Guy...nice to have a smoke spot to call your own. And I hope you first bought stock in Home Depot...sometimes I think home ownership is one damn project after another.