Home General Discussion

I was bored at work today so I made the "Stogie Stand"

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
I work at a company that manufactures countertops. I made these from scrap Corian pieces.
Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
They're actually pretty damn handy
For those who fancy the Lancero/NUB sizes
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its like a "micro-ashtray"
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Do you sell those?
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Nice Daniel, nice.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    That's cool and they would come in handy, I can't. Lunt how many times I have set my cigar down in the garage somewhere to have it roll on the floor! Lol
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Very nice. Are you gonna make one tomorrow to better fit lanceros?
    bbass2:
    I like your style sir!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Daniel...Congrats!!!
  • stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    I would use one all the time! How much $$ bro?!
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stad:
    I would use one all the time! How much $$ bro?!
    Bro... Patent it. ASAP. And send some to us too!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done! I'd take one for sure..very creative Dan
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    hmmm
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    different colors? options?
    i may have to get in on this if the price is right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Nice dude. Those are fantastic as you can carry those to a herf too!!!!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome!! How do I get a few??
    Money can't buy taste
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    WANT. Now get to work. ;D
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was bored at work so I looked what what you did while you were bored at work, lol! They look cool, and very useful.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    look really usefull.remember christmass is coming they would make great stocking stuffers for cigar smokers.time to start mass production
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I may have time again today to mess around and see if I can come up with something to accommodate for those who fancy lanceros and NUB sizes. If I have enough down time in the future, I can maybe cut up a few dozen prototypes to pass out to you fine gents. (I'll post a pic of what I come up with later today) Thanks again for the kind words brothers.
    It is very novel. I could use something like that on my boat. When working around it, I don't have to worry about carrying an ashtray, or setting it down and burning the fiberglass. I would buy one (or more) for sure brother.
    marineatbn03:
    It is very novel. I could use something like that on my boat. When working around it, I don't have to worry about carrying an ashtray, or setting it down and burning the fiberglass. I would buy one (or more) for sure brother.
    I wouldn't feel comfortable selling these to you guys. It was just something I came up with while killing time. Maybe I'll send a box of them out in a pass or something. I'm gonna talk to my bro inlaw to see whats up with actually trying to patent it hehe. (he's a Patent Attorney)
    Do it brother, no harm in trying
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Excellent idea, dude with the really cool name!
  • *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    I wouldn't feel comfortable selling these to you guys. It was just something I came up with while killing time. Maybe I'll send a box of them out in a pass or something. I'm gonna talk to my bro inlaw to see whats up with actually trying to patent it hehe. (he's a Patent Attorney)
    Glad to hear that, daniel, these are pretty cool, and there might be a market for those with guys like me who

A. hate boxed press cigars for some reason and
    B. like to do other other stuff while smoking.
    C. have never gotten around to getting a proper ashtray.

So yeah man get a patent out on these if there isn't one already and then do what you want with your creation. Whats the name of it btw?
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:

I think, beause I said you should patent it, I am to have sent to me ASAP 10 sticks of your choosing (Liga, Anejo, ISOM, and any and all Lanceros). That is all.
    You got it bro, and I think you have something going for sure. Sign me up! And the beauty is, they appear to be small enough to fit in travel herfs as well. Score!
    danielzreyes:

You know my addy. =) PM to ya.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    really cool brother you should def look into patenting it.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    i'd like a couple too dan-the-man.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's creativity right there... I'm up for one for sure!!