Home Cigar 101

I'm looking for a little bit of an explanation.

2»

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Seriously I am just teasing. Now would be a good time for you to work on a nice inventory system for your cigars or build that custom humi you've always wanted.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    madurofan:
    Seriously I am just teasing. Now would be a good time for you to work on a nice inventory system for your cigars or build that custom humi you've always wanted.

You must be psychic Maddy ...I just spent an hour on line looking at humidors people had made from old cedar chests and family heirlooms and the such ...some damn interesting stuff but you have to dig for it ... Now about that being old stuff ( I know your just bustin' my balls BUT). Actually since I've only been smoking cigars for a little over 3 years and am 49 now, Im just wondering if that doesn't work in my favor. A lot of the studies about cigars and heart disease I've looked at the last few days seem to always use 25 year studies and the worst effects are for people who smoke 5 a day or more !!! They seem to reflect a higher chance of SOME cancers by age 70 and a very moderate increase in heart disease. Lets say I smoke one a day for the next 25 years , now I'm in my mid 70's , most males in my family have (both sides) lived to be in their mid to late 80's. I don't see it as much of a risk I'm really taking...I'm just sayin ...control the weight which in turn controls the blood pressure , eat mostly the right foods and watch the cholesterol(sp) exercise and do some weights which I enjoy anyway and I'm going to bet I make it about as far as most of the males in my family ...who knows maybe even more if I chill and relax a couple hours a day with a cigar ...I could still be terrorizing your a$$ on this forum Maddy when your my age and a lot older hahaha ...You know down at the rest home there won't be much to do but tear open cigars and put the leaves in the staffs tea ...I'm just sayin...LMAO ...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

You must be psychic Maddy ...I just spent an hour on line looking at humidors people had made from old cedar chests and family heirlooms and the such ...some damn interesting stuff but you have to dig for it ... Now about that being old stuff ( I know your just bustin' my balls BUT). Actually since I've only been smoking cigars for a little over 3 years and am 49 now, Im just wondering if that doesn't work in my favor. A lot of the studies about cigars and heart disease I've looked at the last few days seem to always use 25 year studies and the worst effects are for people who smoke 5 a day or more !!! They seem to reflect a higher chance of SOME cancers by age 70 and a very moderate increase in heart disease. Lets say I smoke one a day for the next 25 years , now I'm in my mid 70's , most males in my family have (both sides) lived to be in their mid to late 80's. I don't see it as much of a risk I'm really taking...I'm just sayin ...control the weight which in turn controls the blood pressure , eat mostly the right foods and watch the cholesterol(sp) exercise and do some weights which I enjoy anyway and I'm going to bet I make it about as far as most of the males in my family ...who knows maybe even more if I chill and relax a couple hours a day with a cigar ...I could still be terrorizing your a$$ on this forum Maddy when your my age and a lot older hahaha ...You know down at the rest home there won't be much to do but tear open cigars and put the leaves in the staffs tea ...I'm just sayin...LMAO ...
    HAve at humi I'd love to see pics when you get it done.

5 or more a day IMO is not even possible in today's time but if it was thats an addiction not a hobby.

I wouldn't sweat 1 or 2 day a day too much, JMO.