Home General Discussion
Options

"Pick My Stick" 5Vegas Cask Strength (Thursday 9/13- COMPLETED WITH PICS)

Maybe I should title this as "Pick my Bourbon" based on my last review. But lets get on with it.

You get to pick what I smoke (and drink) for tonight. Choices are:

Cigar choices for today

1. Diesel Unlimited
2. MOW Ruination
3. 5 Vegas Cask Strength

Bourbon choices are more limited:

A. Woodford Resereve
B. Neversweat Bourbon (From Butte Montana - Headframe Spirits)
(For those not in Montana this company names all their spirits based on Mines in Butte. This bourbon named after the 'Neversweat Mine") C. Good old reliable Crown Royal

Thanks.... and remember...... vote early and often !! Review and pics will follow the event.

Comments

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Cask Strength, and Neversweat
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    5V and neversweet.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Ruination - In honor of what the Packers are going to do to the Bears tonight.
    Neversweat, just cause I already know the other two are good.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    But I need Forte fantasy points..
  • Options
    Rain:
    jthanatos:
    But I need Forte fantasy points..
    To quote another thread, "Denied".

• Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Cask strength and neversweat
  • Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    So far it looks like the 5 Vegas Cask Strength and the Neversweat Bourbon are in the lead...... sounds like a good pairing. I dont go out until 6:30 or 7 .... usually earlier now that it gets down to the 30s at night. KEEP VOTING !!! Pics and review to follow on whatever wins.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cask sounds good! You can pm me about the woodford ;) lol, I think that's my next purchase. Sorry about jacking your other thread!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    is it possible to do all 3 of each? that sounds like the best idea! and as for the game, since when are the bears any good? cant say im rooting for the pack but ill root against the bears!
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Cask sounds good! You can pm me about the woodford ;) lol, I think that's my next purchase. Sorry about jacking your other thread!
    So...... 5 Vegas Cask Strength along side the Neversweat Bourbon. I will probably do a mini taste test comparing the Neversweat to the Woodford. Read the results later tonight.

Thanks Y'all....... off to do my duty and torch a cigar and spill some bourbon. Pics and review to follow.
  • Options
    Just started and I brought my laptop out with me. (bad idea lol) So far I like the 5V better than the bourbon (unlike last time the bourbon beat the stick). Will let you know how things end in a while.

Cigar looks good. Nice wrapper, tight and solid stick. Nice smell. Prelight lick tastes like paste (I call em like I see em). Cut and light..... soft flame.... no wind tonight. Lots of nice smoke. Early flavor a little bland but OK.

This was a LONG smoke.... took over two hours. First half not too exciting but as it progressed I liked it more and more. Good flavor and a nice kick. Taste a little hay, but no pepper or spice (mut I am not real good at taste). Last 5V I had was a Limitada and I can say I liked this Cask Strength a lot better. Last time the bourbon was my highlight but tonight, the cigar was the star. Overall, I would rate this as 3.5 out of 5 maybe even a 4. I did have some visitors while I was smoking........

A good time was had by all...... I liked this better than the Limitada but I liked the Woodford bourbon better than the Neversweat.

Thanks y'all for a nice relaxing evening.
  • Options
    Completed 3.5 or 4 out of my 5 scale rating.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    The cask strength to me is one of 5v's best. Glad you enjoyed it. Very interesting bourbon, I am not familiar. Is it any good?
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    The cask strength to me is one of 5v's best. Glad you enjoyed it. Very interesting bourbon, I am not familiar. Is it any good?
    And I just missed getting a 10 pack of Cask strengths on the sprint sale. Sadness. I would be interested in hearing more on the bourbon too. I seem to remember trying it at a tasting a year or two back, and it was very young tasting... though I may be thinking of something else.
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    I agree the Cask Strength is one of the few 5V that I like. Miami wasnt bad either.

The Neversweat Bourbon is from Butte Montana (local to me) and it is named after one of the mines in Butte. It is OK but I think I am spoiled by the Woodford Reserve I have been drinking. Prior to Woodford I used to drink Buffalo Trace which is pretty good. The Neversweat has good flavor but a bit of bite and I am used to how smooth the Woodford is. Not bad just different. I like to try all kinds of things and this was recommended to me to try so I did. No doubt I will finish the bottle but probably wont buy another.
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    The maroon label 5V Cask Strength (II), is a great cigar with a good bourbon, however I wish the original red label 5V Cask Strength (was very limited production that was available around late 2005-06) was around still. Over the years, it has become one of the best aging sticks.