Home Non Cigar Related

Fantasy Football help

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Bombay:
    I would tend to think I would start Forte and Mathews due to matchups. Now Mcgahee and Ridley are where the rubber meets the road. I think each could very well hit a homerun and get you in the neghborhood of 100 and a TD, but scheme wise they could also get 5 touches for 15 yards.
    Thats what I was thinking too, but who should I pick for my 3rd RB?
    I'm sitting McGahee......I think!
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    So I was just offered Stevie Johnson and Matt Stafford for Drew Brees. I feel like this should be a no brainer but something just doesnt seem right for some reason. For the record I have RG3 as my other QB. In my league RG3 and Drew Brees are the number 2 and 3 QBS point wise. What does the BOTL think?
    Sorry, been away for the weekend. Hope you didnt make that trade. I would never give up Brees! Stafford is sucking it up this season. He was my #1 pic. Fortunately for me, A. Luck has stepped up big time! Sounds like someone was trying to pull the wool over your eyes!
    mmccartneydc:
    So tough week to pick a RB for me. What do you guys think? I can start 3 of these:

RB Willis McGahee, Den RB
    RB Stevan Ridley, NE RB
    Matt Forte, Chi RB
    Ryan Mathews, SD RB
    For anyone who cares:

RB Willis McGahee, Den RB=9pts
    RB Stevan Ridley, NE RB=24
    Matt Forte, Chi RB=14
    Ryan Mathews, SD RB=19

I did good, my team put up 215pts this week. I sat McGahee.
    Ok, so here is this week's dilemma:

Pick 2:
    Ponder
    Luck
    Stafford
    Romo

I like Luck, especially against the Jets, however ESPN somehow thinks this will be his WORST outing! Stafford has just sucked A** so far, Romo is Romo, and Ponder has been impressive too. Thinking of actually sitting my 2 starters and go with Ponder and Luck! What do you think BOTL?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    ok, so I'm in a 20 team league with lots of scoring... the scores tend to be in the 150's each week lots of bonuses extra points for a 30 yd TD, 40 yd TD, etc...

I'm 3-2 my Roster looks like this:
    QB - RGIII, Gabbert
    RB - BenJarvus, Ben Tate, Mendenall, James Starks and Daryl Richardson (who's yahoo headshot is AMAZING btw)
    WR - Amendola (injured), Crabtree, Emanual Sanders, Ramses Barden
    TE - VD
    K - Rams dude
    DEF - 49ers

for waivers we have $200 salary and I have yet to use any... so here is my question... someone dropped Greg Jennings and I want to claim him... how much of my $200 should I spend? Right now i'm thinking in the $140 range... any thoughts?
    robbyras:
    ok, so I'm in a 20 team league with lots of scoring... the scores tend to be in the 150's each week lots of bonuses extra points for a 30 yd TD, 40 yd TD, etc...

QB - RGIII, Gabbert
    RB - BenJarvus, Ben Tate, Mendenall, James Starks and Daryl Richardson (who's yahoo headshot is AMAZING btw)
    TE - VD
    K - Rams dude
    DEF - 49ers

for waivers we have $200 salary and I have yet to use any... so here is my question... someone dropped Greg Jennings and I want to claim him... how much of my $200 should I spend? Right now i'm thinking in the $140 range... any thoughts?
    Wish I could help bro, I have no idea how to determine that. Is that $200 for all year? Is this basically the only FA you are going to be able to pick up off of waivers? In my league, Jennings' numbers are terrible. Not to mention, I'd be trying to upgrade at QB the most. Doubt this helps but good luck!
    mmccartneydc:
    robbyras:

QB - RGIII, Gabbert
    TE - VD
    K - Rams dude
    DEF - 49ers

Wish I could help bro, I have no idea how to determine that. Is that $200 for all year? Is this basically the only FA you are going to be able to pick up off of waivers? In my league, Jennings' numbers are terrible. Not to mention, I'd be trying to upgrade at QB the most. Doubt this helps but good luck!
    200 is for the full season... I'm basically banking on Jennings returning to for in a week or two... if not, i'm screwed... the only QB available is Wilson in SEA so not much help there... the only position that is available for decent upgrade is TE, but I'm good there. and the $is only for waiver claims... once a player clears waivers, he can be added at no cost... just a basic auction system...
    robbyras:
    mmccartneydc:
    robbyras:

QB - RGIII, Gabbert
    TE - VD
    K - Rams dude
    DEF - 49ers

200 is for the full season... I'm basically banking on Jennings returning to for in a week or two... if not, i'm screwed... the only QB available is Wilson in SEA so not much help there... the only position that is available for decent upgrade is TE, but I'm good there. and the $is only for waiver claims... once a player clears waivers, he can be added at no cost... just a basic auction system...
    Aahhh, I see! What about picking up Amendola's back up?
    mmccartneydc:
    robbyras:
    mmccartneydc:
    robbyras:

QB - RGIII, Gabbert
    TE - VD
    K - Rams dude
    DEF - 49ers

Or see if Reuben Randle is available! 200 is for the full season... I'm basically banking on Jennings returning to for in a week or two... if not, i'm screwed... the only QB available is Wilson in SEA so not much help there... the only position that is available for decent upgrade is TE, but I'm good there. and the $is only for waiver claims... once a player clears waivers, he can be added at no cost... just a basic auction system...
    Aahhh, I see! What about picking up Amendola's back up?
    See if Reuben Randle is available
    Randel is gone... actually that is who Jennings was dropped for...

my thought is that Jennings has more potential than anyone who is currently or likely to become available... he's been off so far, but he's been hurt...

here's an idea of the WR's available sorted by points scored-

Photobucket
    mmccartneydc:
    Ok, so here is this week's dilemma:

Pick 2:
    Ponder
    Luck
    Stafford
    Romo

I like Luck, especially against the Jets, however ESPN somehow thinks this will be his WORST outing! Stafford has just sucked A** so far, Romo is Romo, and Ponder has been impressive too. Thinking of actually sitting my 2 starters and go with Ponder and Luck! What do you think BOTL?
    I think I agree with you... Ponder and Luck
    Robby what is your waiver order claim number? You may just have to hope nobody is going to pick him up due to injury and claim him after clearing waivers. If not with the screenshot you posted I would tend to think you may be able to get him for around 60 to 80 bucks. My .02.
    Bombay:
    Robby what is your waiver order claim number? You may just have to hope nobody is going to pick him up due to injury and claim him after clearing waivers. If not with the screenshot you posted I would tend to think you may be able to get him for around 60 to 80 bucks. My .02.
    Sounds like a plan to me, and if you don't get him, snag Givens!
    Bombay:
    there is no claim order... it's an auction...

some examples:
    Last week: Brandon Bolden $71, TY Hilton $46
    9/28 - Stephen Hill $30, Dante Rosario $30
    9/26 - Daniel Thomas $90

those are some of the bigger one's... I was told that Jose Reyes was added for $198 in week 5 last year... i think i'm gonna have to go AT LEAST $150
    If you want him THAT bad then go for it, but WR are gonna pop up all year long for free probably as well as Amendola coming back.(4wks or earlier) G'luck Rob!
    When would he "clear" waivers after tonight? I would probably say you may need to go 100/120 range depending on lineup set , 2 RB, 2 WR, 1/2 Flex. The reason I say this is because you may have a chance at a relatively good deal by picking up another TE and playing them at the flex.
    we have a R/W AND W/T flex's... so on could start 4 WR if he had them... he won't get through waivers... just not gonna happen
    just to follow up on Jennings... I bid 191 of my 200 on him... all other 19 teams bid something... 10 bids were over 160... the second place bid was 183... most folks bit their entire remaining budget... I also added Jahvid Best on a flier... once folks get healthy, I will be real happy with my team
    Glad you were able to get him Rob.

What do you think about Navarro Bowman vs Ray Lewis this week as DP?

mmccartneydc:
    Glad you were able to get him Rob.

What do you think about Navarro Bowman vs Ray Lewis this week as DP?

i'm a niner fan and have LOVED watching Bowman... no idea what Ray Killer has been doin lately...
    12 team league, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE). Guy just offered Arian Foster for Frank Gore and Darren Sproles. I currently have these people at the positions, RB-Sproles, Gore, Spiller, McGahee, and M. Bush and WR- Stevie Johnson, Miles Austin, Bowe, Stephen Hill, and Donnie Avery, TE- Graham and Martellus Bennett. What say ye BOTL, should I pull the trigger??????
    I'm not too familiar with what Sproles is doin, but I would be inclined to say yes... You see how Gore is being used... he will get used less as the season wears on I think...
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Bombay:
    12 team league, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE). Guy just offered Arian Foster for Frank Gore and Darren Sproles. I currently have these people at the positions, RB-Sproles, Gore, Spiller, McGahee, and M. Bush and WR- Stevie Johnson, Miles Austin, Bowe, Stephen Hill, and Donnie Avery, TE- Graham and Martellus Bennett. What say ye BOTL, should I pull the trigger??????
    I have Gore and I like him, But it seems especially last game they were more a pass oriented offense.. But I dont think theyll stick with that mo. The guy is probably trying to cover some bye week gaps.. Arian Foster is without a doubt the best back in the NFL, so I would trade if my bye weeks were covered. You have some good backs ie McGahee, speaking of backs Ray Rice looked pretty good last week.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Bombay:
    I have Gore and I like him, But it seems especially last game they were more a pass oriented offense.. But I dont think theyll stick with that mo. The guy is probably trying to cover some bye week gaps.. Arian Foster is without a doubt the best back in the NFL, so I would trade if my bye weeks were covered. You have some good backs ie McGahee, speaking of backs Ray Rice looked pretty good last week.
    Just curious who's your QB if you say RG3 You'll have the two best backs in football,,;o)
    Stafford and RG3. Picked up RG3 in the 7th as a keeper for next year as anyone after Rd 3 is eligible to be kept. He is by far the best option on my team considering the elite QBs in the league. I wouldn't call him an elite Qb but I would call him a high value fantasy QB. I know there is always Cam Newton effect/situation, but I think the personal make up and situation is completely different mainly being that RG3's owner is willing to spend the bookoo bucks to bring in whomever he wants.
    The Kid:
    Bombay:
    He is not covering bye weeks as I went to see the rest of his payers schedule and Foster would be the only person on bye for him however, I would be extremely limited in week 8 as Spiller, S. Johnson, and Foster would be on bye for me.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    So here is a question for you guys, its a a 6 team friends league. 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, 2 Flex (W/T & W/R).

which QB out of these 3?

Josh Freeman, Philip Rivers, Ryan Fitzpatrick... Matt Ryan is my other starter

i need 2 RBs and 1 flex (W/R).. Your choices...

Marshawn Lynch
    Darran McFadden
    Ryan Matthews
    Rashad Jennings
    Randall Cobb
    Mike Williams (TB)
    Jeremy Maclin

In case you care my other starters at WR are Hakeem Nicks, Roddy White and Calvin Johnson
    JHewey:
    So here is a question for you guys, its a a 6 team friends league. 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, 2 Flex (W/T & W/R).

which QB out of these 3?

Josh Freeman, Philip Rivers, Ryan Fitzpatrick... Matt Ryan is my other starter

i need 2 RBs and 1 flex (W/R).. Your choices...

Marshawn Lynch
    Darran McFadden
    Ryan Matthews
    Rashad Jennings
    Randall Cobb
    Mike Williams (TB)
    Jeremy Maclin

In case you care my other starters at WR are Hakeem Nicks, Roddy White and Calvin Johnson
    Definitely gotta go with Freeman or Rivers and I would lean towards Rivers coming outta his slump.

As far as the rest, I'd go with Lynch, McFadden, and Matthews.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Ok i am trying to figure who to start in the W/R spot but i dont know.

Danario alexander,
    hakeem nicks,
    stevan ridley,
    mike williams,
    jeremy maclin,
    david wilson

Starting WRs i have in already are, R White, C Johnson, R Cobb, D Thomas
    Starting RBs i have in right now are M Lynch, B Green-Ellis