Home General Discussion
Options

Feral pig question

What is the average selling price for Liga privada feral pigs?

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Guess $15 range, see they are higher in places $18-19
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    First few boxes I purchased were $160, last few I've purchased were in the $175 range, add like $6-$10 for shipping on top.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I usually pay ~ 16 to 18 depending on if I decide to drive for them.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    I stopped at a smoke shops in davenport and they were a little high.
  • Options
    Rail Jockey:
    jthanatos:
    I am not aware of any smoke shop in Davenport.
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    Rail Jockey:
    jthanatos:
    There's one by the rock island arsenal
  • Options
    MVW67:
    jthanatos:
    Rail Jockey:
    jthanatos:
    Well, there are two. One by the Moline gate and bridge, Baker Street. And one by the Rock Island gate and bridge called Hickey Brothers. I didn't know if there was one actually in Davenport, which is the other side of the river. Hickey Brothers carries FFPs, and last time I got one there, it was ~18.
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    MVW67:
    jthanatos:
    Rail Jockey:
    jthanatos:
    Well, there are two. One by the Moline gate and bridge, Baker Street. And one by the Rock Island gate and bridge called Hickey Brothers. I didn't know if there was one actually in Davenport, which is the other side of the river. Hickey Brothers carries FFPs, and last time I got one there, it was ~18.
    just happen to see baker street when there on golf trip!
  • Options
    Just ordered a box yesterday for $150.
  • Options
    Jay9Jay9Jay9:
    Just ordered a box yesterday for $150.
    pm to ya
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    The ever elusive friggin piggy, I kick myself for not getting a few while I was home and the local b&m had them
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    The ever elusive friggin piggy, I kick myself for not getting a few while I was home and the local b&m had them
    you were shopping with wife and she had your ba...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    marineatbn03:
    you were shopping with wife and she had your ba...
    This is true. She was there.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    They retail at 140, people ask average 190-220 per box. Not worth it IMO to pay well over retail, but they are a great smoke. I've gone through more then 2 boxes, never paid more then 150 with shipping or tax.
  • Options
    Responded, but it looks like they are out again. They had them up last night and most of today.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay9Jay9Jay9:
    Responded, but it looks like they are out again. They had them up last night and most of today.
    pm sent
  • Options
    Sorry guys it was rock island. Hickory brothers. All, and I mean all of their padron's had what the shop keep said pflum on them. Never seen every stick in the humidor get pflum at once. They had a big selection but pretty high.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    They retail at 140, people ask average 190-220 per box. Not worth it IMO to pay well over retail, but they are a great smoke. I've gone through more then 2 boxes, never paid more then 150 with shipping or tax.
    Personaly I dont think theyre even worth that,,,I really have not been impressed with any of Drew's recent releases and I think theyre way overhyped/priced,,Just my opinion
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    Personaly I dont think theyre even worth that,,,I really have not been impressed with any of Drew's recent releases and I think theyre way overhyped/priced,,Just my opinion
    Blasphemy *fluff post*
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    i gotta get my hands on one of these, you cant go thru the threads without someone mentioning the pig!
  • Options
    Rail Jockey:
    Sorry guys it was rock island. Hickory brothers. All, and I mean all of their padron's had what the shop keep said pflum on them. Never seen every stick in the humidor get pflum at once. They had a big selection but pretty high.
    Yeah, their prices are kinda high, unless you get the punch card, then it evens out pretty well in line with other local tobacco. Never seen plume (or mold) on any of their cigars, but I will have to watch out for it the next time I am there.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    Blasphemy *fluff post*
    Really????!!!!
    No BS here guys this what I pulled out of the Feral I lit up last night,, couldnt even smoke half,,,I've been voicin construction issues with LP for a while now. I'll be trying to contact them on this one but unsure as to how to go about it
    Check it out
    P1010404
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    Rail Jockey:
    Yeah, their prices are kinda high, unless you get the punch card, then it evens out pretty well in line with other local tobacco. Never seen plume (or mold) on any of their cigars, but I will have to watch out for it the next time I am there.
    What is the punch card?
  • Options
    The Kid:
    bigfnsteve:
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    Blasphemy *fluff post*
    Really????!!!!
    No BS here guys this what I pulled out of the Feral I lit up last night,, couldnt even smoke half,,,I've been voicin construction issues with LP for a while now. I'll be trying to contact them on this one but unsure as to how to go about it
    Check it out
    P1010404
    Then you should send the rest to me for further research and substantiation of your opinion, lol.
  • Options
    Rail Jockey:
    jthanatos:
    Rail Jockey:
    What is the punch card?
    12 punches, and they record the cost of what you buy. You then get store credit equal to the average cost of those 12 items.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I had to think for a second about finding the penny in the cigar.

But seriously, I love the FFPs. In fact I just ordered 5 more and 5 Rats from a place in South Dakota.
    They are becoming as rare as hen's teeth.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    bigfnsteve:
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    Blasphemy *fluff post*
    Really????!!!!
    Check it out
    P1010404
    I will tell you this...if you email customer service...good luck lol... I did on several ocassions, even reached out to JD and while he got his guy on it, never got anything.... I won't be buying much anymore.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Guess $15 range, see they are higher in places $18-19
    sadly my B&M sell them for going on a little over 18. not worth it imo. 15 maybe but still that's pretty expensive. more than an opus so for me that's a killer.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    bigfnsteve:
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    Blasphemy *fluff post*
    Really????!!!!
    Check it out
    P1010404
    I will tell you this...if you email customer service...good luck lol... I did on several ocassions, even reached out to JD and while he got his guy on it, never got anything.... I won't be buying much anymore.
    wow, that's some stick! I haven't had a cigar yet that had this problem, but I feel for those that do especially at a premium price. I like the pig but I actually prefer the #9's more. Even they are a bit on the spendy side. I figure any cigar I smoke is a gamble on how it smokes and if there will be sticks in it or not. sure when you get into the more premium cigars "you" shouldn't have to worry about it but maybe there is a roller or two that has a funny bone that gets tickled when they do this sort of thing.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a place in NH that has them for $15. I agree there is a lot under $15 that are just as good if not better. Still a great smoke!