Home General Discussion

"Pick my Stick" (FRIDAY 9/14 - COMPLETED -PICS ADDED)

You get to pick my smoke for tonight..... here are the choices:

1. Rocky Patel The Edge
2. MOW Ruination
3. Diesel Unlimited

I will probably pair with a Moose Drool Brown Ale (local Big Sky Brewery) or possibly Don Julio Anjeo Tequila. It is extremely smokey outside due to the local forest fires so I will probably start around 6:30PM MST.

Vote early and often !!

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Go with the Ruinaton
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    RP
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Ruination
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ruination
    Money can't buy taste
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    diesel
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Votes so far...... 3 Ruination, 1 Rocky, 1 Diesel..... 1.5 hours to go !! GET OUT AND VOTE !!!!
  • Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    diesel
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    ruination
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edge. So good...
    Votes so far...... 4 Ruination, 2 Rocky, 2 Diesel..... 1 hour to go !! GET OUT AND VOTE !!!!
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Ruination
    Ruination it is !! Look for mini review and pics later tonight.
    Well.... I uploaded my pics top Photobucket but they never show up there.... so here is my review ... pics will be added when Photobucket gets fixed.

MOW Ruination - 9/14/2012 - Nice looking cigar. Solid, smooth wrapper with a really nice smell. Prelight lick has no taste. Cut with Xikar and I am concerned. Very light draw. Good flavor prelight. My soft flame is out of gas so I used my torch. First few puffs were loaded with pepper and spice..... very nice.

I paired this up with a Moose Drool ale. (local Montana favorite). Turns out to be a good pairing. It is cool out and the dark beer fit well with the climate and cigar.

Nice burn with lots of billowy smoke. The very light pre draw was not a problem and probably added to the volume of smoke. After the initial pepper blast things settled down. Great flavor and body. I know why this is in my top ten list. About half way through, for no reason the cigar went out and needed to be relight. No issues from that point on. The light draw even seemed to tighten up a bit. Still enjoying the flavor.

The last third really stood out and had a nice kick. I really like this stick. Smoked till my fingers burned. About i hour 40 minutes. Very enjoyable with the Moose Drool. I would rate this stick 4.5 out of 5 and reaffirm that it is one of my top 10 favorites.

The deer came out about half way through and they joined me. Someone asked in a different thread if environment made a more enjoyable experience. My deck has great views of evening wildlife and for me it all adds to the experience.

Thanks y'all for picking a great stick for my mini vacation getaway.

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    My wife and I fell in love with Moose Drool from our trips out there. Actually we fell in love with Montana in general.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 Moose Drool is awesome!!
    Photobucket fixed..... pics added
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Dang, I gotta get some moose drool.