Home General Discussion
Options

Misinformation and Address Redirects on Bombs. Gifts and Trades

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
This is the last time I will say anything on this subject. If anyone here decides to do a trade with someone and one of the traders decides to use my address for theirs or the sender decides to use another members address for their return address please stop doing it.

When you use a different address that isn't yours someone else gets something that doesn't belong to them or if you use a different return address the one sending return fire thinks they are sending to you but aren't....not good and not funny.

So to make this simple for all here if anyone here decides to bomb or gift me some sticks please use your shipping info. If you make a trade and decide to use my address instead of yours then lose my damn address! As for those that feel the need to use others addresses for their return address when I am the recipient don't bother and just lose my damn address!

I don't know what the hell is going on around here but this misdirecting addresses are no long funny or appreciated by me...myself and I. So if I get a package I have not talked to the sender about or did a trade or mooch with it doesn't matter what you sent cause they will end up in the round file. If you do not have respect for the brothers or sisters here when trading or bombing or gifting then I see no reason to show respect for the sticks you sent.

Comments

• Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Mike. I saw this same thing happen last year. Some people got really pi$$ed-off. I think that it is very unfair to leave a "misdirected address". Its kind of like playing a joke on the recipient of the package. Just my .02.............
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, your signature says you are on Team RCY, so I have to agree with you Mike. Everyone needs to understand that when we send someone a gift of cigars, it is intended for someone very specific. If I was sending out a bomb to someone and it went to the wrong person, I would be extremely disappointed and upset. If you don't want to receive return fire, either don't put a return address or talk to the person ahead of time and express that desire. Misleading someone intentionally is not the way to go about it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Mike. I've been victim to this in the past, but it was set up by a third party as a means of having two BoTL bomb each other so they could watch the fun. I'm sorry, but bombing someone and putting a different return addy just isn't funny anymore. If you have a particular person you want to destroy then man up and slap the silly out of them. Don't send someone a package with JoeBlowShmuckatelli's return addy because you want to see him bombed to the nether regions of Lake Coocooburra.

Sure we're here to have fun with each other, but does it really have to be at someone else's expense? Sorry if I'm coming across sounding like a crotchety old fart, but after 80hrs on the ambulance since Thursday night not a lot amuses me right now...

Rant-Fest complete...
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Happened to me right before I moved and still don't really know who did it......so I would agree...unless u use Mikevws addy!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    If I ever did this it would be 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue..If it doesn't go to my intended target I at least know it will *try* to get to El Presidente.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed!!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Agreed... Especially since it was discussed here previously. It's not funny anymore, not that it ever was.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. My thoughts on it are like this.... If a new guy sends you some sticks he likes.... Smoke one... it wont kill you... then maybe a thank you and a post in the "I smoked a good cigar from". People like that type of stuff. I try to trade with the new guys and post the hell out of what they sent me... If youre not going to accept or smoke what they send.... Don't trade.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    While it pains me to do so, I'll step up and take one for the team, and you can send any unwanted packages that were misdirected to you in my general direction. Thats a joke by the way, my wife complains every day about the volume of "her" house space that my collection takes up.
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    blurr:
    While it pains me to do so, I'll step up and take one for the team, and you can send any unwanted packages that were misdirected to you in my general direction. Thats a joke by the way, my wife complains every day about the volume of "her" house space that my collection takes up.
    haha same here, my porch could use a little remodeling!
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Same here. My thoughts on it are like this.... If a new guy sends you some sticks he likes.... Smoke one... it wont kill you... then maybe a thank you and a post in the "I smoked a good cigar from". People like that type of stuff. I try to trade with the new guys and post the hell out of what they sent me... If youre not going to accept or smoke what they send.... Don't trade.
    Very true, +1