Home General Discussion
Options

"Pick my Stick" Tuesday 9/25 RP Edge - COMPLETED WITH PICS

You choose my stick, I smoke it with a mini review and pics.

Choices for tonight are:

1. CAIN Habano
2. JDN Antano Dark Corojo
3. Rocky Patel The Edge

Vote early and often !!!!!!!

It is getting colder here at nights so I will probably pair this with some Woodford Reserve bourbon (and maybe a hot black coffee)

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    RP
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Jdn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    JDN
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    JDN
  • Options
    jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Rain:
    RP

Rain man, I feel sorry for you brother. Everyone seems to vote against you. If JDN wins I will have to do the RP tomorrow just to keep you voting !!!
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    go with the edge!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    JDN seems like a standout here.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going with the Edge as well. JdN we all know it pretty good. The Edge is the best from RP IMHO but have their issues as well. I would like to see how it does as well. ROCKY!
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    I'm going to say The Edge as well. I know how my JdN smoke. I've only had a couple The Edge cigars, so I would like to see someone else review.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    jadelt:
    Rain:
    RP

Rain man, I feel sorry for you brother. Everyone seems to vote against you. If JDN wins I will have to do the RP tomorrow just to keep you voting !!!
    I always pick the underdog ;) But really, I pick sticks that I've not had...seems there might be a reason that I have not had them haha.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    jadelt:
    Rain:
    RP

I always pick the underdog ;) But really, I pick sticks that I've not had...seems there might be a reason that I have not had them haha.
    Lol I go with what I would pick out of those...I'm not a rp fan at all even though the decade is a decent smoke. But for the money I can think of much better sticks. But it's always worth a shot since taste is opinion
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Well so far it is 4 for JDN and 4 for Rocky........

MORE VOTES !!!!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Rocky! Which edge is it?
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Do the Rocky! Which edge is it?
    Habano (Corojo) Toro
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I was hoping mad. I had one, but dropped it going out the door to smoke and it exploded. I thought the hab tasted a little funky but I'd like to hear your take on it too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    The Edge wins by a........well.....an .... edge.... thanks for voting...... off to do my duty !!!
  • Options
    Mini review - RP The Edge Corojo -
    I have not been a huge fan of Rocky Patel but this stick is different. This is the second Edge that I smoked. The first was after about a week in the humidor,. This one was after about two months. Maybe that made a difference or maybe the environment was different.

Pre-light lick was a little nice flavor. Well constructed stick. Cut and prelight draw had a distinct cocoa flavor. Very nice. Used a soft flame to light it up. Lots of nice white billowy smoke (I like that) and a good earthy flavor with still a hint of cocoa. Good draw - just the way I like it.

First half continued a nice medium pleasurable taste. Cocoa is gone but a nice mix of flavor (I am not good at describing flavors) Love the huge amount of big billowy smoke. Sitting on the deck, I was visited by several deer and wild turkeys. No doubt adds to the experience.

I had to set it down for 3 or 4 minutes and every time I came back it was like I never left it. Good burn throughout. One puff and same wonderful flavor. Last third intensified a bit and left a nice creamy taste. Smoke lasted 1 hour 40 minutes. Very nice experience. My rating is a solid 4 out of 5. Not sure if it makes my top ten but maybe. Overall a great evening.

Thanks for voting and picking a good one !! Enjoy
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure have a cool vantage point there Jim..it looks relaxing.
  • Options
    Well Jim, it is about 2 and a half hours from Spokane. Stop by anytime. Plan on a springtime visit !!