Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Contest: Support me in running for ALS!

Guys, I did this last year, and I'm going to be doing this every year as long as I can. I'll walk when I can no longer run and I'll crawl if I have to after that. As most of you know, my mom passed away from ALS about 7 months ago.

Please go to the page linked here and make a donation, including your name or PM me instead if you prefer to remain anonymous. At the end of the event, October 21st, I'll be drawing a name out of a hat and sending out a winning package. I can't say what'll be in it, but I think I did pretty well by Greg last year and I plan to do better this year.

Here's the link

Thanks and good luck to all who can participate, love and respect to those who cannot.
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Donation made Ken. I lost a friend to ALS. Terrible disease that is in need of a cure. Good Luck
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken you were one of my first sponsors, thank you. My grandmother passed on going through ALS and am happy to make a donation. So yes I just donated to your cause and am proud of it!!! Mike
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    That was quick guys, PM's sent. The generosity of this place is amazing!

I didn't mention it before, but for this contest I don't care about the good trader's list or post counts. Anyone who wants to contribute is BOTL enough for me.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    This is a good idea!
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Made my donation Ken and thanks for helping support those that have ALS, their families and those looking for the cure.

• Options
    Bumpity bump. Thanks to all for the support so far!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken I'm sorry to here that! ALS is one of those things you hope will never happen to anyone you know! I have had a few good friends pass that had it and have seen the damage it leaves behind! I will gladly donate as soon as I'm done work. I wish you the best of luck on the run,walk,crawl!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Bumping for a good cause. Lets go guys, support a BOTL
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey man I gotta hold off till I get paid...but I see this walk is gonna happen about 15min from me!! You wanna get together for some grub and cigars?
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Hey man I gotta hold off till I get paid...but I see this walk is gonna happen about 15min from me!! You wanna get together for some grub and cigars?
    Maybe. It's going to very much depend on who I'm doing it with and how I'm feeling. This is actually the first one I'm doing in my mom's memory rather than alongside her, so...I might not be great compnay. But I might. And either way, I very much appreciate the offer and the support.
  • Options
    doin' the bumpty dance...
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Great cause here boys and girls, come one come all!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    FYI, BOTLs on here have been INCREDIBLY generous, there is no need to match the size of their donations. Any amount helps! (and qualifies)
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    FYI, BOTLs on here have been INCREDIBLY generous, there is no need to match the size of their donations. Any amount helps! (and qualifies)
    Just did Ken. Good luck and a good cause.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    bumpy
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, even if you don't have the bucks to pony up, and you don't have the stamina to run, there's still another way to help out: Volunteer. These type events always need dozens of people to help with everything from directing traffic to painting numbers to laying out route markers to picking up stragglers to handing out water to you name it. I am going to a triathlon at the beach in southern Dull-Aware this Sunday. It's about the eighth I've done just this year. It is actually loads of fun. I ride a motorcycle and marshal traffic. If you ride a bike, go try it. Started with a two day Multiple Sclerosis bicycle ride maybe six or eight years ago, and I had so much fun I've been going ever since. Look around and you'll find events like this near you. Try it. You'll like it. Great people and a nice day out.

There's no military value in discovering a way to beat ALS, so the money has to come from people like you and me. Government is too busy bailing out stock swindlers and buying drones. Pitch in. Feels good.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on making you're goal Ken ...... Now it's time for gravy ........ I'd love to see this number continue getting larger.
  • Options
    That was my SECOND goal. Just bumped it again, trying to reach even further to help this great cause!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to you Ken
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    PM to you Ken
    Replied. You guys are incredible!!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    posted my payment for the Lil Monsters auction... nice work Ken!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot Robby!!
  • Options
    robbyras:
    posted my payment for the Lil Monsters auction... nice work Ken!
    Thanks, brother!! And thanks again Bigshizza for the auction!!!!
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys Ken is only $110.00 away from reaching his goal. I have 2 BlackOps Delta kits up for ALS. I originally posted asking for a donation of $59.00 so since Ken is so close I will accept a donation of $55.00 for either one so we can meet Kens goal of $1,000.00. If you decide to do it make sure when posting your donation you use your forum username and add which kit you donated for. All it cost is the donation price there is no shipping charge.

• Options
    The bumpty dance is your chance to do the bump
    Do the bumpty bump, come on and do the bumpty bump
    Do the bumpty bump, just watch me do the bumpty bump
    Do ya know what I'm doin', doin' the bumpty bump
    Do the bumpty bump, do the bumpty bump
    Digital Underground? Anyone? No? Oh well.