Home Non Cigar Related

Star Trek on Blu Ray (including TOS & TNG)

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Has anyone got these yet on blu? The Next Gen just came out a couple of months ago and the 2nd season is hitting this December. I was blown away from the TOS on blu but Next Gen is really a huge improvement. TNG is my favorite Trek show and the people behind the whole process has really done a bang up job. If your a fan of the show I highly recommend it.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Has anyone got these yet on blu? The Next Gen just came out a couple of months ago and the 2nd season is hitting this December. I was blown away from the TOS on blu but Next Gen is really a huge improvement. TNG is my favorite Trek show and the people behind the whole process has really done a bang up job. If your a fan of the show I highly recommend it.
    Man..it's a tough sell for me. I'd like to have it, but Trek series get expensive. I'm in the minority and like Votager best, did they blu that yet?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    never heard of it.
    Glen, thanks for pointing out my big dumb fingers. :( Voyager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ah, I'm sure it will some day. but there was some discussion about that on some trek forums since it was thought un do-able for TNG. If you want to send me your addy I can send you a couple of the discs from the TNG first season. There was an audio issue with some episodes so I got my replacement discs. I think I still have them I can look when I get home, it'll give you an idea of how cool it looks.
    phobicsquirrel:
    ah, I'm sure it will some day. but there was some discussion about that on some trek forums since it was thought un do-able for TNG. If you want to send me your addy I can send you a couple of the discs from the TNG first season. There was an audio issue with some episodes so I got my replacement discs. I think I still have them I can look when I get home, it'll give you an idea of how cool it looks.
    Right on! Let me know if you have them.
    Looks like my wife tossed them, couldn't find them and the stack they were next too is no longer there. Sorry man.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Looks like my wife tossed them, couldn't find them and the stack they were next too is no longer there. Sorry man.
    The best laid plans...not a problem brother. Thanks for considering it!
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Thank you for the great info, Sir. My wife and I LOVE TNG.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I can't wait till (if) DS9 comes out. My favorite. Didn't like it at first but love it now. I think if the TNG blu-rays do well then the rest of the series will follow.
    Streater:
    Thank you for the great info, Sir. My wife and I LOVE TNG.
    Streater, you're in The Colony? Only been there once, had a friend who dated someone that lived there. Don't you guys have a marina there?
  • rwheelwright:
    I can't wait till (if) DS9 comes out. My favorite. Didn't like it at first but love it now. I think if the TNG blu-rays do well then the rest of the series will follow.
    DS9 has become one of my favorites now too. It was tougher and grittier than any of its counterparts, with characters that had to make real, nuanced, decisions that were not always obvious, or black and white. What always strikes me most about the show, though, is that if today you said, "Hey, let's make a Star Trek series where a significant portion of the crew are former terrorists, enemy spies and collaborators, and the good guys sometimes lie, bribe, cheat, and murder to get what they want..." It would never happen.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Adrian_F:
    rwheelwright:
    DS9 has become one of my favorites now too. It was tougher and grittier than any of its counterparts, with characters that had to make real, nuanced, decisions that were not always obvious, or black and white. What always strikes me most about the show, though, is that if today you said, "Hey, let's make a Star Trek series where a significant portion of the crew are former terrorists, enemy spies and collaborators, and the good guys sometimes lie, bribe, cheat, and murder to get what they want..." It would never happen.
    This was what drew me into DS9, deeper stories. Arcs that stretch episodes and seasons, introductions of flawed characters and factions even within the Federation. And moving away from the 'planet of hats' the previous incarnations could never quite shake off.

Also, section 31. Why hasn't their been a section 31 spin off?
  • jthanatos:
    What makes you think there hasn't been? You're just not allowed to see it. :)
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Adrian_F:
    jthanatos:
    Well played sir, well played indeed.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    jthanatos:
    Adrian_F:
    jthanatos:
    Well played sir, well played indeed.
    Well, there is a mention of it in Enterprise.