Home Ratings & Reviews

Victor sinclair please

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
Triple corojo was like smoking a piece of cardboard . Friend gifted me several, never again .

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Friends don't let friends smoke VS
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now ex friend after that smoke, probably why he pawned them off on me.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha this is one line I have never had nor wanted to!! After I saw another place trying to pump them out for pennies I figured STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • I got a sampler form them some time ago. Have sent a few in bombs/trades but never tried em. Went and lit up the triple corojo. I'm sorry to anyone I've sent a 5 series to. Let's just say those are staying at the bottom of the humi for a few years...
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JLonsinger2011:
    I got a sampler form them some time ago. Have sent a few in bombs/trades but never tried em. Went and lit up the triple corojo. I'm sorry to anyone I've sent a 5 series to. Let's just say those are staying at the bottom of the humi for a few years...

I had the 5 Series Cameroon and Maduro both with about 8 months to a year and will say they were better then a lot of stuff ROTT. They werent going to get 90+ ratings but still enjoyable. BUT.... Big but there...... The Corojo was EFFING gross.... like real bad. I remember the Conn Yankee sucking as well. The Bamboo wasnt the worst either. Again... all these had over 8 months on them. I got them last fall and smoked them late this summer.
  • Yeah I got them around June so I'll smoke them next June. I think I've sent 2 behemians and a 5 series out
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:

Does that mean we're not friends after I sent you that monstrous 70g VS...?
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I bought the best of VS sampler one time. About threw up the first smoke. Then gave the rest to a guy who bragged about going to the Bahamas and all the premiums he has smoked, and he loved all the VS. Mission accomplished.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    I bought the best of VS sampler one time. About threw up the first smoke. Then gave the rest to a guy who bragged about going to the Bahamas and all the premiums he has smoked, and he loved all the VS. Mission accomplished.
    Awesome!!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Haha..premepremeprims.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTW!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    catfishbluezz:

Does that mean we're not friends after I sent you that monstrous 70g VS...?
    lol....nope, but it does mean I owe ya one ;) I honestly am looking forward to that beast
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    To be honest, I had a VS that I thought wasn't bad. DOn't remember which one but I know that an admin from work gave me a few. I still have most of them. WHo am I to say that they are terrible. Remember, a lot of preferences or personal preferences. I don't remember the second one I had but the one was decent. If nothing else, they can make a good yard cigar. There are some cigars that I don't like but if I have them I may give them away or I may smoke the again to give them another chance or maybe I just want to smoke something while cutting the lawn and don't want to have to really savor it because I am busy cutting that lawn. Just my preference and opinion though.
    Yeah it was horrible, not sure it was the worst cig I ever smoked, but I was up there . Just glad I pitched it and had a back up at work Perdomo lot 23 on stand by, now that's a decent smoke.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I belong to our local BMW motorcycle owners' group, MARS (Mid-AtlanticRiderS). Each March, I host MARS' annual maintenance day here. Last March I discovered that a Martian in attendance who I still don't know smokes cigars. So I pulled out a Black Market, stuck it in one of those airtight black plastic crushproof cigar tubes (da bom when toting stogies on a motorcycle trip) and hand him. To my surprise, the unknown Martian reaches in his tank bag and whips out a Victor Sinclair and hands me that. I had never heard of VS. He spoke highly of it. I fired it up next day. Gack. Cardboard is too kind a description. Since then, I thought VS was the junkest junk in Craptown. No recollection zackly what VS it was. Some kinda connie. Just made me detest the whole business.

Fast forward to last night. I bought a sampler from c.com BOTL NectarCigar. This bundle included half a dozen VS modules. He spoke highly of them. Last night, before Monday Night Football, I was in the man cave fooling with web cams and murdersickles. Fired up a VS Double Maduro Churchill. Damn! What surprise! Creamy, flavorful, smooth, tight, perfect patient burn, tasty wrapper. And I usually don't go for maduros at all. Enjoyed the heck out of this stick for over an hour, was only halfway through, when Bearswatter calls me in for a computer honey-do, so I laid it on the bench. Time I got back, it was out. Relit poorly. Next half hour was a struggle trying to get it to settle back in smooth and creamy. By the time it burnt right my palate had been ruined, and it was burning unevenly. Could easily have gotten two hours fine enjoyment out of this thing if not interrupted. I am not saying it's AJ, but for a low cost daily it was good.

Nectar's sampler included a couple VS Series 55 Corojos which I will attack next. It may be that certain VS lines suck donkey dung while others do not. It may be that QC is very low so some sticks out of the same line suck skunk gland while others from that line don't.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Yeah i'm not saying all VS are terrible, i have only had 2 different ones, but the 55 corojos i had was not good, in my opinion, but i am a nobody so some people may like them.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I belong to our local BMW motorcycle owners' group, MARS (Mid-AtlanticRiderS). Each March, I host MARS' annual maintenance day here. Last March I discovered that a Martian in attendance who I still don't know smokes cigars. So I pulled out a Black Market, stuck it in one of those airtight black plastic crushproof cigar tubes (da bom when toting stogies on a motorcycle trip) and hand him. To my surprise, the unknown Martian reaches in his tank bag and whips out a Victor Sinclair and hands me that. I had never heard of VS. He spoke highly of it. I fired it up next day. Gack. Cardboard is too kind a description. Since then, I thought VS was the junkest junk in Craptown. No recollection zackly what VS it was. Some kinda connie. Just made me detest the whole business.

Fast forward to last night. I bought a sampler from c.com BOTL NectarCigar. This bundle included half a dozen VS modules. He spoke highly of them. Last night, before Monday Night Football, I was in the man cave fooling with web cams and murdersickles. Fired up a VS Double Maduro Churchill. Damn! What surprise! Creamy, flavorful, smooth, tight, perfect patient burn, tasty wrapper. And I usually don't go for maduros at all. Enjoyed the heck out of this stick for over an hour, was only halfway through, when Bearswatter calls me in for a computer honey-do, so I laid it on the bench. Time I got back, it was out. Relit poorly. Next half hour was a struggle trying to get it to settle back in smooth and creamy. By the time it burnt right my palate had been ruined, and it was burning unevenly. Could easily have gotten two hours fine enjoyment out of this thing if not interrupted. I am not saying it's AJ, but for a low cost daily it was good.

Nectar's sampler included a couple VS Series 55 Corojos which I will attack next. It may be that certain VS lines suck donkey dung while others do not. It may be that QC is very low so some sticks out of the same line suck skunk gland while others from that line don't.

Gonna have to say that you had the best one first. The Double Maduro Legacy was ok, alot better with a year on it! But not too much nice to say about the rest.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of VS. But I did have one that I'd never heard of before that was pretty good but I didn't keep the band because I figureditwouldtaste like goats ass. So I forgot the name.