Home Cigar 101
Options

Montecristo #2 ... you be the judge .(Edit: with box pics)

2»

Comments

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    After enjoying cigars for a few months I was able to make friends with a good person from the UK. After a trade and some interaction he let me know of a source he was using. I did my homework for a couple months. Then I placed my first order. It was small to test the vendor. Worked great. Ordered a larger order a bit later and everything went great.

Keep your ears open in case the vendor runs into some bad reviews. Otherwise always have 2 good vendors so you can always get what you want, to a point.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Bigshizza:
    DD would have a hard time if he was drpped into middle of the USA and asked to find a "reputable" source. At least that's been my experience so far...
    Absolutely incorrect....don't know why people in the US are stuck on a stigma of not being able to get real product....I've done my research, do yours, ask me questions and I'll give you answers. I won't give you sources but I will confirm any legitimate sources you find...its that simple. There are many many many brothers in the states who smoke nothing but and get them delivered to their doorstep....I understand there are legalities and thats a personal choice, I do not advocate breaking the law...if you decide you can live with making that choice, then stop wasting time, energy and money on unverified sources, you need nothing more but time and google...
    I'm sure as time goes on I will learn more. But, I'm not the only one to make a rookie mistake. I'll out my failed connections to anyone who asks in order to further enlighten other Newbs. I will PM you in the future before or if I pull the trigger! I appreciate your input. Thanks
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Diamondog:
    Bigshizza:
    DD would have a hard time if he was drpped into middle of the USA and asked to find a "reputable" source. At least that's been my experience so far...
    Absolutely incorrect....don't know why people in the US are stuck on a stigma of not being able to get real product....I've done my research, do yours, ask me questions and I'll give you answers. I won't give you sources but I will confirm any legitimate sources you find...its that simple. There are many many many brothers in the states who smoke nothing but and get them delivered to their doorstep....I understand there are legalities and thats a personal choice, I do not advocate breaking the law...if you decide you can live with making that choice, then stop wasting time, energy and money on unverified sources, you need nothing more but time and google...
    I'm sure as time goes on I will learn more. But, I'm not the only one to make a rookie mistake. I'll out my failed connections to anyone who asks in order to further enlighten other Newbs. I will PM you in the future before or if I pull the trigger! I appreciate your input. Thanks
    if you need help Jim, I have a very reputable vendor, his reputation is impeccable, and I'll share it with you.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Bigshizza:
    Diamondog:
    Bigshizza:
    if you need help Jim, I have a very reputable vendor, his reputation is impeccable, and I'll share it with you.
    Thanks Dusty but I'll be unemployed soon moving to E Wa and either going to school or trying to find a job. I'll be on a buying freeze for the indefinite future!
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    catfishbluezz:
    Bigshizza:
    Diamondog:
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks Dusty but I'll be unemployed soon moving to E Wa and either going to school or trying to find a job. I'll be on a buying freeze for the indefinite future!
    I got a box of cc's coming Jimbo, you'll never be without bro!
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    Bigshizza:
    catfishbluezz:
    Bigshizza:
    Diamondog:
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks Matt I appreciate your offer!!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    mmccartneydc:
    Bigshizza:
    catfishbluezz:
    Bigshizza:
    Diamondog:
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks Matt I appreciate your offer!!
    Santa will always have Montecristos for you shizza!
  • Options
    Came across this old post here. This pisses me off when someone judges by the band. Yes the band is important however cigar bands CHANGE. My bother-in-law is from Cuba. He can go back and forth all he wants. He rolled cigars in a factory for 15 years. I have seen this band on Monte # 2's. and I have seen the darker raised band which I have both of. Could somebody have put a band on the same size cigar or re-glued one on the same size cigar, YES. That's why I NEVER give Cuban cigars to anyone but 1 close friend. People never know what they are getting but I know what I've got. So why waste them.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    joelepore154:
    Came across this old post here. This pisses me off when someone judges by the band. Yes the band is important however cigar bands CHANGE. My bother-in-law is from Cuba. He can go back and forth all he wants. He rolled cigars in a factory for 15 years. I have seen this band on Monte # 2's. and I have seen the darker raised band which I have both of. Could somebody have put a band on the same size cigar or re-glued one on the same size cigar, YES. That's why I NEVER give Cuban cigars to anyone but 1 close friend. People never know what they are getting but I know what I've got. So why waste them.
    dude this posting is well over and done with,
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Diamondog:
    Bigshizza:
    +1. Well said!