Home Cigar 101

wineadorable junkies....help asap

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
So my bday is coming up and I wanted to drop hints for gift cards to amazon for a wine fridge. Is a 16 bottle big enough? Or even better anyone know of a great deal on one??!! How is this???? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ZWR194/ref=mp_s_a_4?pi=SL75&qid=1348979349&sr=8-4

Comments

• bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    So my bday is coming up and I wanted to drop hints for gift cards to amazon for a wine fridge. Is a 16 bottle big enough? Or even better anyone know of a great deal on one??!! How is this???? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ZWR194/ref=mp_s_a_4?pi=SL75&qid=1348979349&sr=8-4
    Id try and get ahold of jason(smoking daddy) hes a wealth of info about these things. Hopefully he`ll see I need a batman spot light right about now
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine finally crapped out!! But I really only kept my really high end stuff in it...it all depends what you plan on putting in it. There are a few good websites with some ok info on it but only by thermo electric!! As for size well how many sticks do you have?
    Money can't buy taste
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Mine finally crapped out!! But I really only kept my really high end stuff in it...it all depends what you plan on putting in it. There are a few good websites with some ok info on it but only by thermo electric!! As for size well how many sticks do you have?
    not a ton but average 30 on hand as I am a smoke them if u got um guy. But would like extra space.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    May not need to worry about a wineador if you only keep an average of 30 sticks on hand. Of course once you have a wineador built, the crazy brothers here are going to help you fill that puppy up! However if you are intent on the wineador, not sure the brand but my mother has a little 12 count wine fridge that would be the perfect size for a small wineador, maybe in the area of 150-ish cigars max. Search around for 12 bottle wine fridges, or take the usual advice and build it bigger!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    not a ton but average 30 on hand as I am a smoke them if u got um guy. But would like extra space.
    If your working with 30 sticks I wouldn't spend the money on a wineador. Don't get me wrong they are great!! But a cooler in the basement is hard to beat!! But if your really gunning for one I'd go with a 16 bottle. They all have there down fall eventually but usually a easy fix! Mine finally blew the one piece I can not find to replace.
    Money can't buy taste
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Best thing I found about wineadors from what I've read, even if they crap out and break after awhile, you still have a great sealing humidor! People usually end up gutting the fridges, lining them with spanish ceader, adding shelves and drawers to them. Only thing they lose is the cold temps, but if you have a basement then you should be good to go!
    No basements here I need to regulate temp better. And when we get on our feet I will be purchasing sticks again.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Probably a bit warmer where you are so I can see wanting temp control. I'm almost ready to build my first but just want to shelve and add some l lining. I don't need the cooling aspect just want to find a cheaper lightly used one with a see thru glass door, even crapped out cooling components so the seller lets it go dirt cheap. I can dream in a perfect world right?
    blurr:
    Probably a bit warmer where you are so I can see wanting temp control. I'm almost ready to build my first but just want to shelve and add some l lining. I don't need the cooling aspect just want to find a cheaper lightly used one with a see thru glass door, even crapped out cooling components so the seller lets it go dirt cheap. I can dream in a perfect world right?
    u can find one man, I don't know if I will do drawers and everything, probably just boxes for the cedar aspect unless I find good deal on wood.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    bigfnsteve:
    deejmemixx:
    Id try and get ahold of jason(smoking daddy) hes a wealth of info about these things. Hopefully he`ll see I need a batman spot light right about now
    Saw the bat signal kind of late on this. Deej, feel free to PM me with any questions.
    Smokindaddy:
    bigfnsteve:
    deejmemixx:
    Saw the bat signal kind of late on this. Deej, feel free to PM me with any questions.
    thanks, think I have one picked out that has two separate areas so u can have two temps going (could use top for wine) now to save the $$. :-),