Home General Discussion
Options

Custom Cigar Bands

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Well, we found out today that we are having a daughter. I stopped by the B&M on the way back and picked up three of the Arturo Fuente "It's a Girl" cigars to celebrate with two of my friends. I figured they weren't going to be that great due to the low price, but man, they were downright bad. So, does anyone know where I can get a low quantity (20-40) of custom cigar bands or at least "It's a Girl" cigar bands? I want to hand out smokes when she is born, but I want to hand out good smokes, so I want to pick out whichever sticks I want and reband them.

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Tony, first and foremost, congratulations! That's really exciting news, seriously, very nice. Um, as far as rebanding goes, there is a place on Long Island called the Little Cigar Factory that makes custom bands, but I'm not 100 percent sure they deliver/ship the bands, or if you need to buy them in a package with cigars.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Tony. I believe it was Ccom but it make have been a competitor, so look around but anyways .... I know I saw a couple times that they would take pretty much any cigar you wanted and reband it for a nominal fee.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think cusano makes some its a boy/girl cigars
  • Options
    I will definately give Ccom a call about that then. As far as the Cusanos, I have seen them too, but I don't really like any of the Cusanos I have had so far except the P1. I was thinking if I could get the bands made, I could get a bundle or two of seconds (Perdomo ESV, ITC 10th Ann, or RP Signature) and put 'em on them.
  • Options
    You could do that. Just get a little bit of Pectin to glue them on with.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Congrats Tony! The seconds idea is what I was going to say, just find a place to give you blank cigar bands or find It's a Girl cigar bands and glue em on. Ccom might do something special for you, never hurts to ask.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    If you're halfway talented with a graphics program you could probably design and print your own. I've always done my own labels for my homebrew.
  • Options
    I am actually pretty handy with Photoshop, you know I hadn't even thought of that. I bet regular photo-quality paper would be good enough for stock too. Hmmm....now where do I get pectin?
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I am actually pretty handy with Photoshop, you know I hadn't even thought of that. I bet regular photo-quality paper would be good enough for stock too. Hmmm....now where do I get pectin?
    Pectin is a canning supply any supermarket will cary it.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    congrats on the baby girl Tony and good luck with those bands ...
  • Options
    J_LeslieJ_Leslie Posts: 2
    Hey I know a good online company that will customize your cigar bands for you.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    J_Leslie:
    Just in case he needs them four years later.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Rain:
    J_Leslie:
    Just in case he needs them four years later.

Freaking Lol. Hey its almost like they were searching the interwebs for any custom/cigar discussion to place their ads on...