Home Cigar 101

First sampler

I just got my first sampler in the mail. My question is how long should the new cigs be in my humidor until they are optimum to smoke? Also I got the humidor with the order and it will be a few days until it is ready for use.

Comments

• EFLAGGSEFLAGGS Posts: 19
    Well, 1st put the smokes in a bag with a water pillow. 2nd hurry up and get ur humi ready. Shipped smokes need some time in a humi unless they come over-night. So how depending on how you had your new order shipped you need to account for that...
  • bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    After you get your humi seasoned and stable, leave the sticks in there for at least a week or two. Some people like to try one or two fresh but I haven't had good luck with that. Shipping to florida can be brutal.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    bnccna2:
    After you get your humi seasoned and stable, leave the sticks in there for at least a week or two. Some people like to try one or two fresh but I haven't had good luck with that. Shipping to florida can be brutal.
    I second this
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I third that, though I will say that I'm one of those guys who likes to try one fresh. If I get more than one of a particular cigar, then more often than not I'll smoke one within a few days of receiving them just to see how it does on the fresh test. Your mileage may vary, but that's what I do.
  • havefun79havefun79 Posts: 18
    Thanks for the info. Right now the whole house is a humidor with rh about 80%, but I will give a week before I try one out. going to be hard waiting though.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Might be a good idea to find a local cigar shop, and grab a cigar or two to smoke in the mean time.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    what was said before.. when I got back from my trip I noticed some good amounts of plum on my privada 9, and wow it was a good smoke. better than I remember. strange, I've only had it in the humi for about 4 or so months....