Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Rain's Pictures

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
As a kid, I loved to look at my father's old pictures from when he was in the Army. I deployed to Iraq in 08-09, and did not have a camera to take any pictures. After I returned home, I met an amazing woman who was raising a daughter, Tera, on her own. I ended up marrying that woman, and she gave birth to our son, Cameron, in 2010. I realised at that point that I would like to have pictures to show my kids all the amazing things that I was able to see. If you all would allow me to indulge a little, I'd like to share some of the pictures I've taken from Afghanistan and life back in the states. I am by no means a great photogropher, so please don't expect too much! I also won't show some of my favorite pictures due to Operational Security concerns (base layouts and the like.) Thank you for reading all that! Me on the left. image

Comments

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Nice brother!
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Nice brother!
    The beard gets better, I promise ;)
  • Options
    Its an operational neccessity
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sexy
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Sexy
    your words Daniel, not mine
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    danielzreyes:
    Sexy
    your words Daniel, not mine
    uh oh. Someone is hella jelly.
  • Options
    Speaking of sexy, this is me reenlisting to become a male nurse..some would call it a downgrade. image Last picture for today is showing that, at heart, the Taliban are just trying to run an honest operation to support their families. Have a heart ;)image
  • Options
    Rain:
    Speaking of sexy, this is me reenlisting to become a male nurse..some would call it a downgrade. image Last picture for today is showing that, at heart, the Taliban are just trying to run an honest operation to support their families. Have a heart ;)image
    Uh oh, censored already
  • Options
    Nah..just me being a photobucket noob!
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I will not get into politics but I have to say Afgans make beautiful handcrafted decors. They have a history to be the trader from Anatolia to Japan. Those are beautiful pieces of art. Thanks for sharing.
    Rain:
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reenlisted cool. Still got the beard?
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Haha, no. Everyone hates you when you have have a beard and they can't. I miss it though, maybe when I want to launch my pirate career I'll grow it again.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Rhamlin:
    Haha, no. Everyone hates you when you have have a beard and they can't. I miss it though, maybe when I want to launch my pirate career I'll grow it again.
    So, did you persue nursing? I'm applying for school as well.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Rain:
    Rhamlin:
    I go to school in March.
  • Options
    Our office sign I made..most people, mainly officers, did not think it was very funny. image We all lost weight. image This is for Lord Rip, some pictures of their carpets. image
  • Options
    I really enjoy your pics Randy. Keep em comin.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Bigshizza:
    Rain:
    Rhamlin:
    I go to school in March.
    That's when I'm supposed to start at Gonzaga. I got accepted to the school, waiting for the Nursing dept o.k. In 2 years ill have a BSN. Congrats for making it in, not easy but should be very rewarding.
  • Options
    Rain:
    Bigshizza:
    Rain:
    Rhamlin:
    I go to school in March.
    Where are you going to school?
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Rain:
    Bigshizza:
    Rain:
    Rhamlin:
    I go to school in March.
    Where are you going to school?
    Jim and James, please let me clarify. I'm going to AIT Jim, where they will give me a new job. We just call that school, which is in no way a real school like Gonzaga. Congrats to you though! Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    I knew what you meant, but was curious if it was something you were doing at Hood or another base.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    I knew what you meant, but was curious if it was something you were doing at Hood or another base.
    I wanted to make sure Jim was not confused! Him going to school is much more prestigious then me going to "school." It's in San Antonio.
  • Options
    Gotchya
  • Options
    Rain:
    marineatbn03:
    I wanted to make sure Jim was not confused! Him going to school is much more prestigious then me going to "school." It's in San Antonio.
    It's still school where you have to pay attention etc... Mine just costs a crap load more. Good luck man!