Home General Discussion
Options

Cuban Suggestions

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
A buddy is ordering a box of Cubans for a bachelor party. I am going to tag on to the order and order two or three singles.

I'd like one to be rich, full bodied, full flavored and as powerful as the come.

I'd like the other two to be medium but flavorful with a lot of sweet nuts, etc...

Any suggestions for sticks to look for in both categories.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Are you sure they're even cubans? Most places selling them are just selling knock-offs

That being said, I recommend Cohiba's for the medium tastes
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Sancho Panza.
  • Options
    I've never purchased from this place but the other guy has....for what it's worth this is what they say on their website.

---from website----
    If you are seeking a reliable, service oriented, confidential & discreet cuban cigar supplier, you found us! We purchase cuban cigars imported to Canada from Havana House of Canada & ship them throughout the world! Havana House of Canada are the only authorized importer from Cuba into Canada and are partially owned by HabanosSA of Cuba.

This means our cigars come directly from Cuba to Havana House of Canada, then from us to you. Duties are already paid at point of import, and taxes only apply if you are in Alberta, Canada. Taxes are NOT charged when shipping outside of Canada.

As the recipient, you are responsible for any local fees, taxes, duties or prohibitions in place at your specific location. Placing an order constitutes your request that we ship to your location and use the method you have requested.

We have been selling genuine Cuban cigars since 1993. We keep your cigars in our large walk-in humidor kept at a constant 72.5 % humidity and 70 degrees F. (your personal humidor should be at about 68 to 70 RH & 70 F)

Our humidor is stocked with over 200 different varieties of fine cigars. For your convenience, we carry a high quality range of humidors, cutters and other cigar accessories.

When you purchase Cuban cigars on our secure server, or by phone from one of our Personal Service Representatives, you can feel confident that you are getting the best quality Cuban cigars. We are mildly obsessed by freshness and quality, according to my lovely wife.
  • Options
    Would that be a fuller bodied smoke or more of a medium?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    For a fuller strength with an awesome, rich flavor, I'd say go with a Bolivar, a petit corona would be my pick. For something a little more medium to medium-full I'd go with a Montecristo Edmundo tubo, had one of those recently and it was very good. Oh, and the Partagas Lusitanias is incredible as well.

edit: almost forgot...the El Rey Del Mundo choix supreme is an awesome medium bodied Cuban as well. I think every cigar smoker ought to have one of those.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Place seems shady to me; if it were that easy to ship cubans into the US, there'd by more business doing it I think. Plus I'm wondering how they get past customs; I'd say don't go placing any large orders, and keep an eye on your credit card statement for awhile. >_>

That being said, I second the Montecristo
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Place seems shady to me; if it were that easy to ship cubans into the US, there'd by more business doing it I think. Plus I'm wondering how they get past customs; I'd say don't go placing any large orders, and keep an eye on your credit card statement for awhile. >_>
    It's actually not that difficult, there are plenty of places doing it. Remember, it's not illegal in any way for companies in other countries to send Cuban cigars here, the illegality rests solely on the US citizen who purchases and receives them. Plus, customs doesn't care nearly as much about that as they do about other illegal goods coming into the country, they're not going to waste the resources trying to hunt down Cuban cigars unless they are blatantly obvious...besides, I'd imagine packages from Canada and other friendly countries get a lot less scrutiny.