Home General Discussion
Options

The Gurkha that blew up!! Or....DE?

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Wait....that's a Liga! imageimage

Seems like every Liga I've had, other then Undercrown, I've had issues with as of late. It's funny because I contacted the rep...no response. Contacted JD, quick response...rep never came through again. Honestly...I'll probably sell the rest of my Liga stash, already sold most when this first started happening, other then the FFP's I have left. I forwarded my last response from customer service, which was a previous forward, back to customer service again. For that kind of money....no way I'm buying Liga again. Especially since all the PADRON I have sitting right next to them that I've never had a single bad experience with. The last two FFP, 2 toro, and corona doble all split like this. All have been rotated into different humi's for long periods of time, from 62-69 to see if Rh had an impact. Nope....different weather, different Rh...they still SUCK... Done with DE...

Comments

• Options
    I'll gladly help take care of your problem!
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigjohn125:

I was thinking the same thing but then thought.... The 3 Ive had all had issues. 1 Relight and touch-ups, one cracked at the foot but did fix its self, and one cracked while cutting pretty bad.... The wrapper was dry as hell and it came out of my 68RH.. maybe just thin.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Have you let them sit outside where you are going to smoke them for a bit prior to lighting?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    bigjohn125:

I was thinking the same thing but then thought.... The 3 Ive had all had issues. 1 Relight and touch-ups, one cracked at the foot but did fix its self, and one cracked while cutting pretty bad.... The wrapper was dry as hell and it came out of my 68RH.. maybe just thin.
    I smoked a T52 today that had wrapper issues..like, falling apart.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Have you let them sit outside where you are going to smoke them for a bit prior to lighting?
    High temp, low temp, high rh, low rh, doesn;t matter....I'm done... Selling them all now, buying ISOM....
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    marineatbn03:
    High temp, low temp, high rh, low rh, doesn;t matter....I'm done... Selling them all now, buying ISOM....
    Selling them..to me?
  • Options
    Rain:
    catfishbluezz:
    marineatbn03:
    Selling them..to me?
    To whomever....
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I feel ya Dustin.. You know I havent been happy with Liga Privada and their newer releases!! The construction quality just isnt there. I had a hookup on ratzilla's but passed due to their inconsistency,, I dont have the money to be wastin on subpar sticks. Most of their releases are 13 bucks and up and there are just too many other sticks that I can purchase in that price realm that are superior (to me).
    As you know I too contacted customer service and havent heard a word back either. I am sorry to hear that your having issues too.
    Overhyped + Overpriced = Liga Privada
  • Options
    The Kid:
    I feel ya Dustin.. You know I havent been happy with Liga Privada and their newer releases!! The construction quality just isnt there. I had a hookup on ratzilla's but passed due to their inconsistency,, I dont have the money to be wastin on subpar sticks. Most of their releases are 13 bucks and up and there are just too many other sticks that I can purchase in that price realm that are superior (to me).
    As you know I too contacted customer service and havent heard a word back either. I am sorry to hear that your having issues too.
    Being a newb, I would have thought DE would have good customer service. Guess not.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Eh I'm not on the fanboy boat, never have been but these guys are having major construction issues lately. Coulpe that with the insane prices and unavailability, and you can see why I'm not on the Liga fanboy boat. Sure they have a fanatical following, and you will have no issue selling them so thats good. And its funny to me but they also have fans that run and tell Ssaka every time someone discusses them on public forums, unless its in complete a$$kissing praise of DE. No joke...he'll be pointed to this within a few hours just like I've seen in the past on other forums. No understanding why people kiss their butt so much but to each his own. I say let them have the Ligas...I'll buy CC's and the other NC's I don't have issues with.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    This is sad to see, it is bad when quality drops because production increases to keep up with demand. You end up with a product like this that nobody wants, because it doesn't have the value it once did.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn... that sucks to hear about. I have had one, with one more in my humi (thanks tony!) And it was phenominal. However, being such a premium price smoke and kinda hard to come by, I never ever want to feel like I'm "taking a chance" on one with possible construction issues.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    What sucks....is I am NOT a maduro fan. i went through a maddy phase where I tried everything, strongest, nastiest maduro's I could find to see what I liked. Honestly...only Padron and Liga. I still like Undercrown and never had an issue with them and will still smoke them. But I refuse to spend money on these anymore....it jsut sickens me to see it. I had two doble's blow up at the cap to the badge...not the foot, just sitting in the humi. That is a construction issue period. I had two FFP's seriously BLOW up over an inch...ask Vinny, he saw them, sitting right next to....5 other FFP with no problems WTF?!?!?!. I sent pics to DE, no response, asked JD then custy service majically found my email...no response. Finally got one today...then the guy asks me if it is a storage issue and what rh? I wanted to jump through the damn email and laugh at his azzz......that was my original question 5 months ago. I understand sh$t happens, I understand conditions influence smokes, I know what construction and poor care are because I've been there. I have the ability to store ay any RH I like, and store different types of cigars differently as I have found what rh I like them at.

The customer service is laughable at best. At first, I was ready to chalk it up to...man I guess these like 69-70 rh, not 65rh like I prefer. Then maybe it was the humidity outside. Then maybe it was...sh$t...did I bump that humi or something (no I don't drink). Then I started seeing it pop up elsewhere..... It's construction period, and lack of service. 6 smokes and a ton of money wasted...no more.
  • Options
    Jsut checked my email, custy service is sending me some smokes. While that makes it sting a little less, I am still saddened by this experience as if you read my bio...I've always loved Liga thanks to JHewey. I've spent tons of money on their product too. So I will give these a go and see if it was jsut a bad crop. Either way....it may be awhile before I pop again.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always felt their unavailability was just a gimmick so they could charge more than they are worth. I mean they are ok but I've had better for cheaper.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    That sucks. Especially the customer support aspect. I have never had a problem with my LP stuff, but stories like this are what will put me off a brand. It is one thing to have consistancy issues, or burn issues, or the like. Law of probability makes it very likely someone out there is going to get a lot of bum sticks at some point. I understand that. What I don't understand is when companies don't respond to customer service requests. I hope this new batch is better for you, but having to go to such lengths just to get them to acknowledge a complaint would piss anyone off.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I smoked one last night and had the same issue. Lida Privada is simply not consistent anymore. I am not going to buy any new Liga until they improve the quality.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    I smoked one last night and had the same issue. Lida Privada is simply not consistent anymore. I am not going to buy any new Liga until they improve the quality.
    whaddya think I'm replacing them with Rip? LOL....La Punta ;)
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    That sucks. Especially the customer support aspect. I have never had a problem with my LP stuff, but stories like this are what will put me off a brand. It is one thing to have consistancy issues, or burn issues, or the like. Law of probability makes it very likely someone out there is going to get a lot of bum sticks at some point. I understand that. What I don't understand is when companies don't respond to customer service requests. I hope this new batch is better for you, but having to go to such lengths just to get them to acknowledge a complaint would piss anyone off.
    Exactly... Don't get me wrong, the guy is saying he will make good...again, but this is the 4th time if you include I intially contacted them via FB....no response, then custy service....dropped ball, then JD (who was cool as hell)...and custy service dropped ball...now this. It really upset me that he asked what humidity I stored at, when if he had jsut scrolled down to the original email....everything was there. You shouldn't have to forward emails to custy service over and over again man... Camacho/Davidoff....perfect.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, it amazes me that some of these companies don't see the damage they do by ignoring problems.
    With the internet, they should know that bad news travels faster than ever.
    How many customers are they going to lose because of one person's bad experience? A lot.

You have to give credit to companies who are concerned with customer service and the ones who ignore their customers, their brands should be ignored.

I once had a place tell me they didn't care. I was only one person. It happened to be a place I did a lot of business with and knew one of the exec officers.
    I've said this before, when a company treats somebody like a nobody, eventually they will have nobody for a customer.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    marineatbn03:

ISOM? I'll be right over!
  • Options
    Every time I smoke a Padron, I always say I have high respect for Padron because of the consistency and for sticking with the core line. I do not hear good thing about DE now a days. I visited their factory and didn't have the feel as Padron. I believe Steve Saka, Jon are great guys but they need to stick with the core line to maintain the quality. I understand Liga Privada cigars are hot cake but the question is for how long with poor consistency and bad customer service. So far Davidoff is doing great but again I hope they also stop releasing so many lines. This kind of thing make me sad.
    catfishbluezz:
    jthanatos:
    Exactly... Don't get me wrong, the guy is saying he will make good...again, but this is the 4th time if you include I intially contacted them via FB....no response, then custy service....dropped ball, then JD (who was cool as hell)...and custy service dropped ball...now this. It really upset me that he asked what humidity I stored at, when if he had jsut scrolled down to the original email....everything was there. You shouldn't have to forward emails to custy service over and over again man... Camacho/Davidoff....perfect.
  • Options
    I have been to Nicaragua almost four years now and witnessed how the industry has been changing so quickly. If the trend goes on then soon Nicaragua will be the number one producer in terms on quantity but not for quality. There is a reason why Davidoff will not open a factory here. many times I wanted to write an article about it but then I am afraid many of my cigar producer friends will be very upset. Someone need to stop this trend for the sake of quality Nicaraguan cigar. This country is blessed with fertile soil but greed will hamper the industry in the long run.
    rzaman:
    Every time I smoke a Padron, I always say I have high respect for Padron because of the consistency and for sticking with the core line. I do not hear good thing about DE now a days. I visited their factory and didn't have the feel as Padron. I believe Steve Saka, Jon are great guys but they need to stick with the core line to maintain the quality. I understand Liga Privada cigars are hot cake but the question is for how long with poor consistency and bad customer service. So far Davidoff is doing great but again I hope they also stop releasing so many lines. This kind of thing make me sad.
    catfishbluezz:
    jthanatos:
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    This is why I changed a lot in the past 2 years and why I respect rip that muchmore. I honestly think we are hitting another cigar run like in the 90s. I have much respect for my fav NC brands like fuente and padron, even torano and epc are good, but we are entering a cash over quality phase in my opinion with this crap. So many new blends coming out every day is ridiculous. You can't keep up. After spending 2 years on CCs I'm to the point I'm buying petite coronas in my favorite CC brands because I've had enough of the gimmicks and enough of the over priced flashy boxes. They need to get back to the quality roots with NCs I won't go thru another cigar run of the 2012s. And cue the sudden clamp down on quality overseas smokes by the moneyed interest a in America.
  • Options
    Agree 100% Rip, thanks for the input. What's funny, is NC I am finding is either perfect or terrible...all over the place. I really like what quesada is doing right now.
  • Options
    Had a Liga 9 tonight...... I will post pictures here tomorrow. Not good.....
  • Options
    Vision:
    seems like it is happening with the 9 and 52. The FFP problem was related to the box and no cello. Haven't heard of issues with the unicos at all. I wonder if its the binder or wrapper they are using nowadays.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Vision:
    seems like it is happening with the 9 and 52. The FFP problem was related to the box and no cello. Haven't heard of issues with the unicos at all. I wonder if its the binder or wrapper they are using nowadays.

The foot looks as it has a blowout... not cool. I was so pissed I left it sitting and my dad took it up. I hit it with my table top lighter and cleaned it up but ... damn... pics when the wife is off her laptop.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who ever doesn't want their T52s, I'll gladly take them off their hands.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR