Home General Discussion
Options

Finally settling in...

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've gotten on here so I figured I'd check in and fill in some blanks.

For starters, my fiance and I are officially moved in to my dad's attic. It took 13 hours and driving through a tornado but we made it. We've been unpacking the last week and getting settled, as well as looking for jobs. Emily has been accepted to the local community college and we're hoping she is accepted into their nursing program. She also just got a job working at a local pizza place. Right now I'm doing freelance landscape design work and interviewing at local banks and hoping to find something soon.

It's really sad but I have yet to smoke a cigar since we moved in, but I'm planning on lighting up an Undercrown this weekend. I hope everyone is doing well, it's been stressful for the past few weeks but I just wanted to say that I've missed this forum and all the great members on here.

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Jarett man, we've missed you. Good to hear from you. You were my first ;)
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Awwwww!! How sweet! Lol.....welcome back bro
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Good luck man!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear from ya. Moving is a ****.. lol! Hope you get to enjoy an undercrown!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Darth_VaderDarth_Vader Posts: 223
    PM me your new address for safe keeping
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you and your girlfriend!! Hope all works out.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Best of luck to you and your girlfriend!! Hope all works out.
    +1 Welcome Back !!! Enjoy the new digs!!!!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Life is like that sometimes, good luck, and glad your getting back in the mix!:-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    ... my fiance and I are officially moved in to my dad's attic.
    Here's the positive side of today's economic woes: Families are being re-assembled. Too much prosperity turned the nuclear family into a nuclear explosion complete with noxious fallout. Now, we're putting people back together, they way they ought to live, enjoy living, and have lived forever. It's a great thing to see.

I bet your Dad is happy as a clam.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)