Home Cigar 101
Options

Ruination Question

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
So i get home from my det on the ship to find the 5 pack of M o'W Ruinations i ordered in my humi. Only they "dont look like the picture". It is the 6 x 60(Robusto #2)and feels pretty heavy... but it lacks the second band below the MOW top band. Anyone else run into this? I got it of a reputable site. Experiences?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Can't help with the question as I have not tried them yet but welcome home Vinny and back to 'the family' ...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've only had the robusto #1, and it has the double bands. Don't know what to tell you, but I'll second Gene in welcoming you back to dry land.
  • Options
    tedescotedesco Posts: 22
    I got them too. They didnt have the second band either
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I've only had the robusto #1, and it has the double bands. Don't know what to tell you, but I'll second Gene in welcoming you back to dry land.
    not ditto and ditto!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, its really good to be back on land, and back with yall. Seems like i do have ruinations, minus the bands. Maybe they ran out or it was just a fluke. Regular MOW doesnt come in 6x60, i plan on smoking one later.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Jetmech_63:
    So i get home from my det on the ship to find the 5 pack of M o'W Ruinations i ordered in my humi. Only they "dont look like the picture". It is the 6 x 60(Robusto #2)and feels pretty heavy... but it lacks the second band below the MOW top band. Anyone else run into this? I got it of a reputable site. Experiences?

I got the 6x60 also, but mine did have the bands. I was under the impression all the Ruinations had the foot band, which helped tell them apart? Welcome back, and enjoy them. The first one (and only) was excellent. I'm aging the other three.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    hey guys. How is everyone? The secondary bands we first ordered had trouble fitting around the 60 ring. The first shipmet did not have them. All future shipments will. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Options
    GarbandzGarbandz Posts: 16
    It is really nice to get an answer to a question like that.Thanks for watching and responding...Garbandz
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Jetmech_63:
    Thanks guys, its really good to be back on land, and back with yall. Seems like i do have ruinations, minus the bands. Maybe they ran out or it was just a fluke. Regular MOW doesnt come in 6x60, i plan on smoking one later.
    Hey Jet, welcome home bro'. Let me know what you think of those Ruination's. If you like 'em as much as the Man O' Wars maybe we should do another box split? I haven't tried them, but I would go on your suggestion.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    hey guys. How is everyone? The secondary bands we first ordered had trouble fitting around the 60 ring. The first shipmet did not have them. All future shipments will. Sorry for any confusion.

Wise man speaketh! Thanks for putting that one to bed Alex! I still havent smoked one, i reached for one yesterdat and my hand landed on a Gurkha Black Puro(eh...shoulda gone with the mow). But today is looking better. Hey Laker, if i dig em i'll let you know but i got a funny feeling you may be smoking one soon...
  • Options
    Awww, now you got me all excited. It's like waiting for sex !
    I was gonna say Christmas... but the fun went out of that a LONG time ago.
    Hey jet...if I were you... I would start using my other hand :) LMAO
    Should I be putting on my hockey helmet again ? I had "Helmet head" for a month after April's bomb scares. Thanks Jet.
  • Options
    Maybe just a wee wittle one :)
  • Options
    Just got done smoking my first Runiation. Interesting. The original MOW had very bold strightforward flavors. The ruination had the same flavor profile but it was like the flavors blended in on eachother more. Spicy through the nose, very smooth otherwise. Pretty potent cigar too, this from a guy who smokes Antano's like theyre going out of style. All in all a great smoke, i'm verrry satisfied!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Just got done smoking my first Runiation. Interesting. The original MOW had very bold strightforward flavors. The ruination had the same flavor profile but it was like the flavors blended in on eachother more. Spicy through the nose, very smooth otherwise. Pretty potent cigar too, this from a guy who smokes Antano's like theyre going out of style. All in all a great smoke, i'm verrry satisfied!
    Do I hear a box split coming up? He say's with a grin...
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Jetmech_63:
    If he isn't interested, I would be. I loved the Ruination.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    laker1963:
    Jetmech_63:
    If he isn't interested, I would be. I loved the Ruination.

Hey you never know. I am still waiting for this one to arrive and sample. Once that is done I if it is as good as Alex and Jet are saying then I will be looking for a box split with someone. If Jet's not into it this time maybe we can do a split. Or maybe you and Jet would want to do a three way split? I don't really care as long as I like them then I will want some multiples in the humi, that's all I know for sure.
  • Options
    Laker, heads up, box in mail today, i was waiting on a shipment that came in yesterday :)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Laker, heads up, box in mail today, i was waiting on a shipment that came in yesterday :)
    AWWWW DAMN IT !! You mean I have been walking around with helmet head for a week for nothin'? LMAO Thanks Jet.
    What did you think of the box split idea ?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Jetmech_63:
    AWWWW DAMN IT !! You mean I have been walking around with helmet head for a week for nothin'? LMAO Thanks Jet.
    What did you think of the box split idea ?
    HELMET head aye... lol... I have yet to try these, I'm intrigued, but I was never a fan of a the 1st one.
  • Options
    Not a bad idea, maybe next paycheck though. Damn Dougie, it's gettin kinda 'spensive down here sending stuff up north.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Not a bad idea, maybe next paycheck though. Damn Dougie, it's gettin kinda 'spensive down here sending stuff up north.

we can hold off as long as you want Vinnie. You just let me know when and i'll send my portion and something to cover the shipping.
    I know about the shipping thing... my wife thinks we are all "flake's" because we spend so much time and money on cigars and then "ship them all over the bloody place". LMAO
  • Options
    Would you guys take a third in on the split? I'm liking the Ruination and would like to have some more around but not a whole box...just don't have the room. My only sticking point would be the size, I just can't get into 60 ring cigars, but the robusto #1 or belicoso would be fine...assuming you guys are ok with a 3-way split.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Would you guys take a third in on the split? I'm liking the Ruination and would like to have some more around but not a whole box...just don't have the room. My only sticking point would be the size, I just can't get into 60 ring cigars, but the robusto #1 or belicoso would be fine...assuming you guys are ok with a 3-way split.

There's an interesting question Joe. What size would you prefer Jet?
    So you know Joe, Cholmes8310 was also asking about getting in on a three way split. Now I'm just thinking that if we are not all of the same mind regarding size then we still may all be able to pull off a split together, even if it is done in two separate splits.
    Myself, I would prefer the Robusto #1.
    Funny, the ONLY stick I have tried in a 60 gauge that I preferred over other sizes of the same stick is the Oliva V Series. Those Double Toro's are just a fantastic cigar. 2 hours + of pure pleasure.
    So I am in for a split of the Robusto #1's. Vinnie? Cholmes?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:

There's an interesting question Joe. What size would you prefer Jet?
    So you know Joe, Cholmes8310 was also asking about getting in on a three way split. Now I'm just thinking that if we are not all of the same mind regarding size then we still may all be able to pull off a split together, even if it is done in two separate splits.
    Myself, I would prefer the Robusto #1.
    Funny, the ONLY stick I have tried in a 60 gauge that I preferred over other sizes of the same stick is the Oliva V Series. Those Double Toro's are just a fantastic cigar. 2 hours + of pure pleasure.
    So I am in for a split of the Robusto #1's. Vinnie? Cholmes?
    I was looking at doing either the Belicoso or Robusto #2 - so if y'all end up doing a Robusto #1, I'll just catch the next go round. Not a big deal. Just let me know.
  • Options
    You know, that's probably best. I'll just catch the next box split. I just realized I haven't paid the excise tax on my car, and that's probably going to run my $400. Stupid MA taxes!!
  • Options
    I'm going to pass to. I'd be happy to get in on one down the road though.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Jetmech_63:
    I'm interested in getting in on part of a box if you're looking for people Laker.
  • Options
    Ron, what size would you be looking for?
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    No preference, just looking for some to try them out
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    j0z3r:
    No preference, just looking for some to try them out
    What say you then Mr. Laker? Down for a three way split on some of the robusto #1? If Ron is good with that, then maybe we can get a little three-way action going on. Sound ok Ron?