Home General Discussion

Harvest Fest at Johnathan Edwards winery in CT

cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
Had a very cool experiance at a Fest at a winery in Ct. Brought some sticks to enjoy. It was out doors and about 1500 people. My wife and I had a cool spot we took over on a stone wall away from the cluster. A few women were sitting behind me when I decided to light up. So I stood up face them and asked if it would bother them. They thank me for asking and said it wouldn't at all bother them. That brought on a long and friendly conversation. Our area we claimed was a stone wall on the side of some stairs and Every once and a while someone would stop by and talk about cigars with me. All that stopped were very educated about cigars, that was very cool. Then the two women behind us left the were replaced by two others. I said something like I Hope this doesn't offend you and one of the ladys replies "actually I sat here because I like the smell of cigars", follow by great conversation. Then a CT State Trooper came over and I was expecting to be directed to smoke someplace else or something like that. To my surprise he said I connot believe more people are not smoke cigars here, and he reconized that we were smoking Opus. He introduced himself and more great conversation. Add that two bottles of wine and It was one cool day.

Comments

• cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    2012-10-06_16-19-43_344, Wine fest.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cooch36:
    2012-10-06_16-19-43_344, Wine fest.
    Awesome! Sounds like a great day with open minded people!
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    That is freaking awesome!! I love hearing about the closet cigar fans. I think since we have started smoking cigars, we have come across more people that either smoke them too and we didn't know it or really enjoy the smell. It has certainly provided us with some great conversations at weddings and cookouts. Glad you got to enjoy a great evening with your wife. +1
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    It was great to like you said find so many open minded people. I have never experiance such a reaction.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a guy down in the Richmond VA area who has devised a Virginia Wine and Cigar Trail. Too bad all his wineries are so darn far away. The only one on this peninsula is maybe three hours out. I spoke to them on the phone. When I mentioned the cigar trail, the gal laughed and said "Those cigar guys are nuts! They're a fun bunch." I've several times tried to line up a trip to one of their events, but it just hasn't worked out, for one reason or another. There are a couple out in the Harper's Ferry area, about two and a half hours away. That's at least en route to places we sometimes go.

Wine and cigars. Good pairing.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Thats awesome. Had a similar experience. Me and my girlfriend went to a music festival, all outdoors so we brought some cigars with us. We lit up our first ones when we got there, instantly were popular among a small group of people there. We had a blast and met different venders from Vodka sales reps, to music reps, to others selling art. Even got coupons to a barber shop because the owner thought we looked "The coolest"... Odd and fun day that was.