Home Ratings & Reviews

Cusano Celebrity Series

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
l.  I am using a 1-to-100 score but it is not similar to the ratings by CA and the such.  For my reviews here is the key.  I am rating them according to my personal tastes but also for construction and burn.

90+=Classic.  In theory only the true masterpieces will fall in here.
80-89=Good (low 80's) to Excellent(High 80's) cigars. 
75-79=Solid cigar I would enjoy smoking again.
70-74=Borderline acceptable for my tastes.  Probably not one I will revisit but not horrible
60-69=Not enjoyable to me flavorwise.  May not fit my taste profile and others may enjoy.
59 and below=Bad cigars I would not recommend to anyone.

Here is how I rated the various offerings from the sampler. (score in parenthesis).  All were churchills.

I sampled these on three different days

P1-(Supposed to be a Partagas/Punch Clone)....Good construction and a nice even tight burn...nice draw,,,great flavors..earthy, chocolate, espresso...middle third the best....very solid..Partagas or Punch??  Sure...maybe better....Score=83

MC-S(upposed to be a Montecristo Clone).
..Construction is good...burn was solid and the draw was fine but a just a little tight...good but not great flavors but more of a personal preference...I'm struggling to identify the flavor but it is found in other name cigars I have had that I also didn't find suting to my taste...I'd say woody but I like some woody smokes.......a little harsh on the end...I can see people liking this one a lot if this is your thing but for me it is just ok...Bottom line if someone offered me one of these I would gladly smoke it but it wouldn't be one I would want to purchase again myself.  Montecristo??  I guess I can see the similarities...Score=73

M1-(Supposed to be a Macanudo clone)
....draw a little tight...burn a bit uneven in spots but never a major issue...mild smoke in body but the flavor to me is harsh particularly in the last third...flavors were OK....creamy at times....but the harshness of the finish really turned me off...Macanudo??  I haven't had one in awhile but I remember it as being smoother on the finish...not a cigar I would want to try again. Score=67

Overall Thoughts:..Decent cigars but not as good as the cigar.com blends in my opinion...I will probably order some P1's in the future though.

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The P1 is my favorite of that line as well and probably my favorite offering from Cusano.