2»

Comments

• Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Saw these dudes on my way home from my brothers football game. image
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    jadelt:
    I love seeing the kids get their first deer. But I dont understand why people think it is so hard..... I just open my front door.

Poor Bambi :(
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    WhoDeyGal:
    jadelt:
    I love seeing the kids get their first deer. But I dont understand why people think it is so hard..... I just open my front door.

Poor Bambi :(
    I'm with you there, gal. Poor little creature looks like its starving to death.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmmm jerky season lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nephew got this deer the other day. Blacktail buck.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Nice deer. Good to see you around Tony. Apparently Dad popped another buck yesterday. Thats 4 this season and I don't think I will get the chance to even go out once.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Heading north tomorrow, season starts Sat!!!:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Nice deer. Good to see you around Tony. Apparently Dad popped another buck yesterday. Thats 4 this season and I don't think I will get the chance to even go out once.
    4? Man, we have deer all over and we have a limit of 1.
    Blasted blacktail are like ghosts though, so 1 is all most people see anyways.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Good luck Mike. With us buying this house and me only being home for 28 days, I have to prioritize. And unfortunately, deer season isn't going to make the cut this year. Oh well, guess I will just have to spend more time drinking on the boat.
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Good luck Mike. With us buying this house and me only being home for 28 days, I have to prioritize. And unfortunately, deer season isn't going to make the cut this year. Oh well, guess I will just have to spend more time drinking on the boat.
    Yes, been there, missed a few years cause of service, and family, yes yes always prioritze. Need the boat ready for March..LOL
  • Options
    0patience:
    marineatbn03:
    4? Man, we have deer all over and we have a limit of 1.
    Blasted blacktail are like ghosts though, so 1 is all most people see anyways.
    Live in Southern portion of State and with CWD you can shoot as many as you want, but I travel to the northern (all the way north to Lake Superior can here the lake from stand, Limited bag limit there!!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    So I started hunting when I was 26 and am now 36 and am proud to say that I finally got my first deer .... I did miss 2 seasons .... I'd like to say that I've been selective and was waiting for the right first deer to harvest ..... HUGE MISTAKE as everyone said that I have raised the bar and it'll be all downhill from here. No more suspense here it is, My first deer
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Nice one brother, good color and rack.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    That's a beauty king. I too started about 10yrs ago. I have killed many many deer in those 10 yrs and have NEVER seen anything close to that in person. Great kill and well deserved!!!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Some people think, in they're vanity, that they can pattern deer.
    I disagree and let me tell a little story to prove my point.
    Years ago deer, especially bucks ran a ridge that they had used for generations.
    After years oh heavy hunting on this particular ridge the deer decided to change they're patterns completely.
    Two tunnels run under highway 278, not short ones by the way, long and dark.
    Recently I decided to see exactly why and where the deer now crossed this particular piece of property.
    In short, they now use the tunnels to get to the other side of the highway without running the risk of being struck by automobiles.
    Pattern deer.....
    I think not.
    They pattern us!
    At the very least it makes life more interesting.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Some people think, in thry're vanity, that they can pattern deer.
    Years ago deer, especially bucks ran a ridge that they had used for generations.
    After years oh heavy hunting on this particular ridge the deer decided to change they're patterns completely.
    Recently I decided to see exactly why and where the deer now crossed this particular piece of property.
    In short, they now use the tunnels to get to the other side of the highway without running the risk of being struck by automobiles.
    Pattern deer.....
    I think not.
    They pattern us!
    All the more reason why the sport is challenging Rodney.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Pattern deer.....
    I think not.
    They pattern us!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    RBeckom:
    Pattern deer.....
    I think not.
    They pattern us!

Don't you just love intelligent prey?