Home Cigar 101

Aging Cigars Is Hard

2»

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    As stated by kingofthecove and some insight by kuzi and a few others, do what works for them and me, buy wayyy more than you smoke per month. After a few years you will not only have an impressive stash, but a well aged stash. I'm one of the few who dislikes a strong pepper bite so even for NCs for my tastes hell I just prefer to have them down for 2 or 3 years before opening the box. Aquiring at this rate also can be expensive.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    I definately would like to have a ISOM humi, the couple I have had have been great. I am still trying to test the waters on some others. Bandy sent me a DPG Blue that looks so old the band is now light blue. Can't wait to burn that one. But, yes, ISOM humi is in the future. It is not the cost per stick. It is the fact that you almost have to buy a box in one shot as I understand.
    I have an Isom humi. Once you tap into it its hard to stay out especially when supplies are limited.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    I definately would like to have a ISOM humi, the couple I have had have been great. I am still trying to test the waters on some others. Bandy sent me a DPG Blue that looks so old the band is now light blue. Can't wait to burn that one. But, yes, ISOM humi is in the future. It is not the cost per stick. It is the fact that you almost have to buy a box in one shot as I understand.
    I have an Isom humi. Once you tap into it its hard to stay out especially when supplies are limited.
    Are your supplies ever limited?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    lol Isom yes.I never had a solid source for Isoms.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    Thats my goal, get another humi so that I can store ISOMs in its own. Right now I have a few mixed with other NC higher ends in my humi at home. That way I can always have a stock per se of ISOMs once I have a good lead on where to get them.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    marineatbn03:
    Thats my goal, get another humi so that I can store ISOMs in its own. Right now I have a few mixed with other NC higher ends in my humi at home. That way I can always have a stock per se of ISOMs once I have a good lead on where to get them.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Buying boxes helps...but buying in the winter does it for me. Since I'm not smoking as much but still buying the same amount...eventually you just completely forget what you even have under everything. I've found sticks I never knew I had and it was a nice surprise!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Buying boxes helps...but buying in the winter does it for me. Since I'm not smoking as much but still buying the same amount...eventually you just completely forget what you even have under everything. I've found sticks I never knew I had and it was a nice surprise!!

Finding boxes not yet smoked out of that you forgot about buying 3 years ago is even better. I don't encounter this as much since I started a full excel sheet of inventory.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    Lee.mcglynn:

Finding boxes not yet smoked out of that you forgot about buying 3 years ago is even better. I don't encounter this as much since I started a full excel sheet of inventory.
    Lol yeah I just started taking inventory but it doesn't go back farther then this year. I accidentally started aging cigars and now I'm just buying up a lot more then I use to. But even so I forget I have stuff till I find it lol
    Money can't buy taste