Home General Discussion
Options

2-4-6-8

undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
I love to try different cigars, but I seem to always buy the same sticks because I know that I'll like them. There is nothing I hate more than to try something new (no matter what the price) and have to put it out half way through because it well, sucks. Please post your favorite $2+, $4+, $6+ and $8+ cigar. If you have more than one favorite, post both. Staff, your input would be greatly appreciated too.

Comments

• Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    $2 - Gurkha Park Avenue. Great Conneticut wrapper, mild to medium body, razor straight burn, and a light draw giving off a ton of smoke.

$4 - Rocky Patel R4 - love the spice that develops in this cigar about halfway through. Same Rocky quality, much better price.

$6 - got to say the Nub Habano 464.

$8 - Romeo Y Juliete Reserva Real. The cigar that got me hooked. I love everything about this cigar - flavor, burn, draw... I cannot find one negative thing to say about this one.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    $2 - Isla Del Sol; if you don't like infused stay away from this one, but if you do like coffee-infused sticks, it can't be beat for the price

$2 - La Vieja Habana Corojo and Cameroon; have liked the Corojo for a while, and had a cameroon earlier today that seemed pretty similar to a RP ITC 10th Anniversary to me

$4 - Rocky Patel Signature, ITC 10th Anniversary, Perdomo ESV 2nds; if you go with the seconds on these, you can get them for around $4 each, and the quality is excellent on all of them

$6 - Java Maduro; same as with the Isla Del Sols, if you don't like infused, don't try 'em, if you do though, they can't be beat

$6 - CAO MX2 and CX2; two more excellent smokes, and two of my favorites regardless of price

$8+ - Xikar Defiance, Alec Bradley Pryme; 2 more of my favorite cigars
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    may sound strange but, i almost never pay attention to the price. taste is the primary factor. do yourself a favor. dont let price stop you from buying a cigar you know you like.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    man kuzi, what do you do? As a college student I'm forced to watch prices, lol.
  • Options
    i work as a BOH manager at applebees. I just feel that some things are worth paying for.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    kuzi16:
    i work as a BOH manager at applebees. I just feel that some things are worth paying for.
    BOH? Bar of Happiness?
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    It can be hard to go by price, especially if you don't buy singles. If you grab daily deals and other specials, you can often get sticks that retail for ten bucks or more in the three dollar range, or even less. For example, I just had a Cohiba that lists for near ten bucks, it came in a sampler of ten like priced sticks for just over thirty bucks.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Jdorais:
    kuzi16:

BOH? Bar of Happiness?

Pretty sure he means Back of House, meaning he runs the kitchen staff, etc. God I spent too many years in the food service industry...
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    Jdorais:
    kuzi16:
    BOH? Bar of Happiness?
    Pretty sure he means Back of House, meaning he runs the kitchen staff, etc. God I spent too many years in the food service industry...
    yes exactly
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    Good ol BOH. i work as a chef at a nice place. Been in the BOH for years
  • Options
    thizzcore:
    Good ol BOH. i work as a chef at a nice place. Been in the BOH for years
    im thinking about heading back to school to go this rout. Applebee's does not give me the creativity that i crave.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    kuzi16:
    may sound strange but, i almost never pay attention to the price. taste is the primary factor. do yourself a favor. dont let price stop you from buying a cigar you know you like.
    I don't let price stop me from what I like, but I do let it stop me from smoking them in certain situations. For example, I don't want to smoke a $10 cigar while cutting the grass and pulling weeds. I also wouldn't take a $2 stick to celebrate a big occasion. Also, as for the price range, I was looking (which they did) for what you can get the cigars for the daily deal or a good price 5 pack price.
  • Options
    i know what you are saying.

im kinda coming from my own standpoint. I donjt smoke while doing anything BUT smoking.

i dont fall into "why would i spend $14 on an Opus, AVO, Preferido, or Davidoff when i can smoke 4 Baccarat cigars for the same price?"

i wont enjoy the Baccarat. heck, i wont enjoy it 4 times.
    or
    i could smoke one fantastic cigar and get more than four times the enjoyment.
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    I completely agree with you Kuzi16. I tend to buy higher end cigars(Gurkha, Graycliff, RPvintage ect) b/c i'm not an everyday smoker, hell i'm not an every week smoker. But when I do light one up i'm doing so at a time when I can sit back an enjoy it so I want it to be a good expirence. Not saying you can't get a good smoke in the $4 range but in my opinion there's a reason one cost $4 and the other $14.