Home General Discussion
Options

Help me pick a very important stick

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
So as many of you know I lost my mom to ALS about 6 months ago. What you don't know, and I'm ashamed to admit, is that I have not yet smoked a cigar in her memory. I'm stumped. There are tons of cigars about fathers, but I cannot come up with an appropriate smoke for mom. Any thoughts? Anyone been through this and made this decision? She loved arts and music and painting and angels, but that's kinda not so helpful to my mind for picking out the right stick.

And I know the short and easy answer is to pick something I know I love, or pick something that I wouldn't normally smoke, or something to that effect, but I'd really prefer something more symbolic about it if that makes sense.
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Tres Reynas-three queens made by the daughters of Pepin and Quesada. New release, limited, not too expensive, fantastic smoke.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AF Queen B?
    I have one sitting for when my mother passes in the next few weeks.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Unsure if you are Catholic, but an Ave Maria would seem appropriate if you are.

. "Sung at many funerals, the anthem brings to Our Lady's attention that one whom she watched over in life now lies here in death, and beseeches that she follow the soul to its final resting place, trusting that she will bring the soul to peace."
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps an LFD El Museo for her love of the arts? I would be more than happy to send you one.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Perhaps an LFD El Museo for her love of the arts? I would be more than happy to send you one.
    Any of those choices, I'm sure would be great! And it never ceases to amaze me, the generosity of this forum, I don't have much being a newb, but if you we're to choose something I have in my humi, I would ceartainly send it your way! ......3 or 4 times!
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    I like this idea, but I was thinking of getting a couple boxes to have one a year on the anniversary, so this one's a bit out of reach. Great thought though! Please don't send one, you and this forum as a whole has been incredibly generous in their donations to ALS already!
  • Options
    pross:
    Unsure if you are Catholic, but an Ave Maria would seem appropriate if you are.

. "Sung at many funerals, the anthem brings to Our Lady's attention that one whom she watched over in life now lies here in death, and beseeches that she follow the soul to its final resting place, trusting that she will bring the soul to peace."
    Thought of this, and I'm not catholic but I do appreciate the sentiment of the hymn, but the band kinda makes me shirk away from it...
  • Options
    0patience:
    AF Queen B?
    I have one sitting for when my mother passes in the next few weeks.
    I'm leaning towards this. She was one helluva tough B too, lol
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Tres Reynas-three queens made by the daughters of Pepin and Quesada. New release, limited, not too expensive, fantastic smoke.
    This is in second. Mostly because I don't know how hard they are to find
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    catfishbluezz:
    not hard to find, but it is a limited run and once they are gone that is it. It's a conny broadleaf wrapper, real nice medium choclate flaors and I think it will age well. I sent one to Steve and he agreed it is a box buy, blew him away.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Ken Light:
    catfishbluezz:
    not hard to find, but it is a limited run and once they are gone that is it. It's a conny broadleaf wrapper, real nice medium choclate flaors and I think it will age well. I sent one to Steve and he agreed it is a box buy, blew him away.
    Currently working with The Beard on this and torn b/w it and the Queen B, but leaning towards this if it has aging potential. Any idea on the aging potential of the Queen B?
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    catfishbluezz:
    Ken Light:
    catfishbluezz:
    Currently working with The Beard on this and torn b/w it and the Queen B, but leaning towards this if it has aging potential. Any idea on the aging potential of the Queen B?
    no clue, but people tend to think fuente has great aging potential, I'm just not an AF fan. I do like DPG's conny broadleaf wrapper, which is used on the tres reyna and when aged is just stupid smooth.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Sirena
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    La Sirena
    Man, I wanted to love this one, the box is incredible-looking and the cigar looks really good. But the translation is basically to mermaid, and is just a bit too Oediple then...I mean since I'm using something as phallic as a cigar to pay tribute to my mom in the first place, this is a dangerous line to cross! LoL

Might have to pick up a box just cuz if I get the funds though, looks really good...