Home Cigar 101

Need Your Help!

I seasoned the Humidor like the instructions said and calibrated the analog hygrometer. I put distilled water in the humidifier. I cant get the humidity to go below 75% without opening the lid for awhile....When I close it then it shoots back up to around 75%. Any recommendations?

Comments

• jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    try recalibrating the hydrometer....get a digital one too . what are you using for a humidifier?
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    yes, you must have a digital unit. the analogs are very unreliable in my experience. Also, open the lid and just let it sit for 24 hours witht he lid open then restock and put your humidification element in. Sounds like the cedar absorbed too much water.
  • I don't really know what to call it. It came with it and I believe it has some kind of sponge or foam and you just add water to it.
    Do you have any suggestions on a digital Hygrometer? (Brand, Model etc.)
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Posts: 483
    CCom has some really nice ones.................................. I bough one off ebay for cheap from china..its off, but i noted that.....I would invest in a really nice hydro ....your cigars deserve the best.....and to save some time I would be on the lookout for some humidity beads...heartfelt comes to mind...I bought a pound for myself......I like them better than the PG foam humidifier.....the beads work great...and if your hobby gets out of hand....like me.....you can use the beads in Tupperware until you get a bigger humi.......haha...there should be a warning about "the slope" on every cigar band