Home General Discussion
Options

Smoking my AF Queen B today to my mother.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
So yesterday, I had a tough day dealing with the hospital, hospice and Medicare.
Deej's promotion really gave me a major lift yesterday and by the time all was said and done, I was smiling and laughing. And I cannot thank the Sniper, deej and the rest of the folks for that enough. It was much needed and appreciated.

This morning at 3:15 am, my mother finally succumbed to her illnesses and passed away.
She is no longer suffering or in pain.

Now the work starts on getting things squared away, organized and finalized.
This evening, I will light up a AF Queen B as a tribute.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts and condolences go out for you, Tony. Losing a parent is hard but, as you say, she is no longer in pain and is in a better place. I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your mother. Let me know how you like the Queen B. I just picked one up last week as a random grab.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, happy for her relief, cringing thinking about the work you have ahead of you. If there's anything I can help with, let me know, I've just gone/am going through all of this myself.

But while you smoke that cigar, forget everything else. Find a happy memory of her and fixate there. Try to expand to more, but come back to that one when it gets difficult. Try to live there for that hour or two. Return when you can/need later.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss man, prayers r with u.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    sorry to hear that Tony. I love you
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    sorry to hear that Tony. I love you
    I love you
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    So sorry Tony, many prayers for you and your family!
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Tony.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss brother I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, Tony.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'm terribly sadden to hear of your loss, Tony. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers, brother.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sorry Tony, prayers coming your way.
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts are with you and your family!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about your loss Tony
  • Options
    Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Tony, I am sorry for your loss brother. You and yours will be in my prayers. Anything I can do consider it done brother.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Tony. May the love of those around you help carry you through the days ahead.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a tough thing dealing with the loss of a parent. I lost my mom when I was only 22, that was almost 30 years ago and yet it feels like yesterday. It's the great memories and sharing with family and friends that keep her spirit close to you at all times. My prayers to you and your family Tony.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    0patience:
    So yesterday, I had a tough day dealing with the hospital, hospice and Medicare.
    Deej's promotion really gave me a major lift yesterday and by the time all was said and done, I was smiling and laughing. And I cannot thank the Sniper, deej and the rest of the folks for that enough. It was much needed and appreciated.

This morning at 3:15 am, my mother finally succumbed to her illnesses and passed away.
    She is no longer suffering or in pain.

Now the work starts on getting things squared away, organized and finalized.
    This evening, I will light up a AF Queen B as a tribute.
    I am real sorry to hear about your loss. I am however glad that you were able to smile and laugh. You need anything please do no hesitate to txt me no matter the time brother. Hope you enjoyed the good times through your smoke.
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Tony. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I'm saddened to hear of your loss Tony. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If there is anything else I can do for support, I'm here for you brother.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it. I mean I sincerely appreciate everyone here.
    A lot of work ahead. Dealing with the state and all of the rest of her affairs.
    My brothers and sisters shocked me by sending me messages about how much they appreciate everything I have done for them and my mother. I had not thought I had. It was not something I gave much consideration about. I just did what had to be done.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.